2023 Damon Wilson - DE

Status
Not open for further replies.
NIL has put us in the conversation with the UGA, OSU, OU, BAMA cabal. I know people like to freak out about recruiting. I used to be the same. But so much more of our fate is in our hands now, NIL money, program resources, and a great coaching staff. We need a few bounces and a trip to ACCCG. And we will land a top 5-7 class regularly.

fify.

Although I am curious how far off our deals are to the UGA/OSU/Bama/etc of the world. Assuming NIL difference is negligible, are these other schools still throwing out the same level of bags as they did before NILs?

Advertisement
They aren't. It's just the typical cis canes fan/trolls that need everything to be doom and gloom so that they can bring substance to their existence. I suppose it'll always happen on here till either they start charging a membership rate or the Maude's start getting far more active in booting people. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. But it gets real tiresome when so many on here just have to constantly throw past failures and circumstances on an entirely new day. Just all y'all please STFU with this constant desire to say we won't get anyone and even if we're trending if they don't commit immediately than clearly they're going elsewhere. It's stupid and pointless. We're going to be just fine. Just come to terms with the fact things will become clear at the exact moment they're supposed to. Whether that's a strategy of the staff or the kids it just is what it is...
You have some nerve coming online with positivity and common sense. If I didnt know any better I'd say you are really happy and live a very fulfilling life.

These things that schools like Alabaga, Georgia, etc. can do now that we still can't and which prevent us from becoming a top tier recruiting destination,

what are those things?

payoffs and jobs to a recruits' family and friends?

How many schools is it helping out that couldn’t cheat at a high level in the recent era? Us, SC and ND? Cause everyone been cheating hard. **** we were cheating just couldn’t do at that high of a level.
Yes, however everyone can pay. Look at Louisville. They have commits they would never get without NIL and that is good for everyone because it spreads the talent.

Look at Alabama and UGA. Even though they are at the top in recruiting, we picked off a few that they would have received. Weve turned Clemson away from SF and IMG. Our offensive line class is better than everyone's. You don't see as many Florida players in their 2023 classes of Bama, UGA, or Clemson. That's game changing. That how you chip away at them.

It may take 5 years before anyone can NOT predict who will make the CFP if we're still with a 4 team playoff system.

Advertisement
You'd think his *** played for UM or some sh*t....Pfftttt.....
If I saw this guy at a tailgate...oh man. I'd walk right up... and shake his hand and probably ask if I can get a picture with him.

He wouldnt even see it coming I dont know who he is other than a screen name. Wrap your head around that bruh

(BTW thanks for the tidbits)

I'm of the belief that schools located in large urban areas have a lot more opportunities to offer in terms of NIL. I think to refute that is idiotic. It gives us an advantage there, but obviously not with regard to illicit recruiting. Like another poster said, it puts us in the game, one we never had an invite to before NIL. Life is not all black and white, tons of gray **** in between.

These things that schools like Alabaga, Georgia, etc. can do now that we still can't and which prevent us from becoming a top tier recruiting destination,

what are those things?

payoffs and jobs to a recruits' family and friends?
They aren't getting all the top guys on their boards either. We're recruiting at a high level and we'll be fine. Last year we weren't a factor to baga, gawja etc. 6 months later we are. That should give all of us confidence.

Advertisement
fify.

Although I am curious how far off our deals are to the UGA/OSU/Bama/etc of the world. Assuming NIL difference is negligible, are these other schools still throwing out the same level of bags as they did before NILs?
Short answer is yes. Bama is more player dependent. I know OSU is going as far as having coaches on staff speak to the #s which is WILD

Advertisement
Advertisement
Now the whole argument whether the rankings are accurate aside, but if you look at the numbers, Bama is recruiting at an even higher level since NIL kicked in. They nearly have .95 average the last 2 and a half cycles. Sure 8-4 outshined then last year when they had the best class on paper ever, but Bama wasn't far behind and had one of their best classes on paper. Miami is getting theirs and so will some other schools which will allow for better competition, but the numbers say that talent isnt being pulled from Bama based on early returns, its saying the opposite.
No doubt, bama is still getting theirs. It's gonna have to be like death from a thousand cuts. We have to keep beating them for guys thru want. Other teams have to step up will nil and beat them for some guys. Close the gap talent wise and start trying to beat them on the field. Then it becomes easier to beat them on the trail. Rinse and repeat. It's what I'm trying to think into existence anyway.

Biggest concern for me in this one is Baxter recruiting Damon to Texas. No bueno for the good guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back