2023 Damon Wilson - DE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
imo the talent being spread out more hurts bama and the other bag schools. They will not have the massive talent advantage they've had for the last decade. More teams will be able to punch them in the mouth and that will lead to the talent being spread out even further. Their evaluations and development will be even more critical because 5 star stacked on 5 star wont be the norm for them. It doesn't happen right away but the direction seems to be playing out. The bag schools wont die, but they will be brought back down to earth with the rest. It's just gonna take other teams stepping up with NIL to take the players they covet.

imo the talent being spread out more hurts bama and the other bag schools. They will not have the massive talent advantage they've had for the last decade. More teams will be able to punch them in the mouth and that will lead to the talent being spread out even further. Their evaluations and development will be even more critical because 5 star stacked on 5 star wont be the norm for them. It doesn't happen right away but the direction seems to be playing out. The bag schools wont die, but they will be brought back down to earth with the rest. It's just gonna take other teams stepping up with NIL to take the players they covet.
Now the whole argument whether the rankings are accurate aside, but if you look at the numbers, Bama is recruiting at an even higher level since NIL kicked in. They nearly have .95 average the last 2 and a half cycles. Sure 8-4 outshined then last year when they had the best class on paper ever, but Bama wasn't far behind and had one of their best classes on paper. Miami is getting theirs and so will some other schools which will allow for better competition, but the numbers say that talent isnt being pulled from Bama based on early returns, its saying the opposite.

Now the whole argument whether the rankings are accurate aside, but if you look at the numbers, Bama is recruiting at an even higher level since NIL kicked in. They nearly have .95 average the last 2 and a half cycles. Sure 8-4 outshined then last year when they had the best class on paper ever, but Bama wasn't far behind and had one of their best classes on paper. Miami is getting theirs and so will some other schools which will allow for better competition, but the numbers say that talent isnt being pulled from Bama based on early returns, its saying the opposite.

Won't last. Bag schools will still bag and top it off with NIL. But more programs can leverage the NIL to get around the corrupt NCAA, which looks the other way for the SEC, Taint and a few other select bag schools but drops the hammer on everyone else. ... Also, I know we've been saying it forever. But Saban is 70 now. How many more years does he want to keep kissing 5-star 18 year old recruits' asses?

Advertisement
Man on here like to lie, or take what you say and turn it into something else. If you say TVD is better than Bryce Young, they turn it into you think Bryce Young is a bum. Say NIL is gonna help Miami, they turn it into Bama and UGA will a) not gonna get a top class and b) never win another battle v Miami. Just brain dead ramblings by people who have ran out of ideas of what to talk about. If man cant see that NIL has helped more teams in recruiting then why even argue.

Louisville is a garbage truck juice team and they don't have tradition to fall on like we do. Yet they are getting top ranked players with a lame duck coach. It has help to revive middling historic programs like The U, USC, Tennesee and Texas. Plus boosted mediocre programs like A&M. That is not stopping Bama, Ohio and UGA from getting players, even though they are missing on more players than
they have in recent memory. Its gonna make more games competitive. Not this season, future seasons when NIL been in place 3 or 4 years. Thats when the impact materialize.

Alabama: They have a great program, and overall it’s a great system. If your goal is to go to the NFL, they’ll get you there no matter what. I really like Coach Hutzler; I’ve gotten to know him over the past year or so. Learn about his family and the little things. And I always say this: At the end of the day, all of these teams are good at football, so it’s really about where I feel at home the most.

Georgia: They have Coach Diribe and Coach Smart there, coming off a national championship last year. I still have a lot of interest in them. Seeing that they just put 16 guys in the NFL Draft, and most of them were on defense. Just seeing that really opened my eyes that Georgia has a lot to offer. They have all-new facilities and everything like that. I’m just taking the time to get know Coach Diribe, who would be my position coach. I realize he’s young in the game and has a lot more to give. It was a nice overall trip.

Miami: There’s a three-headed monster there with Coach Rod White, Coach Salave’a, and Jason Taylor. That’s a lot of years of coaching and playing combined. All of them were in the NFL, and you’re going to learn a lot from there. Coach Cristobal, he seems like he has a plan for the next couple years, and you know he is going to be there for a while. I love the campus down there and it’s close to home, so that’s what I like about them.

Ohio State: It’s been a minute since I’ve been there. But Coach Johnson, he puts some of the best pass rushers in the league. Joey and Nick (Bosa), Chase (Young). Those are elite pass rushers right there. So he knows what he’s doing. When I went to go talk to him, he has everything laid out. Grades, stats you needs to get freshman All-American, Heisman, all of that. So that was really interesting to see.

Texas: I saw Arch Manning was going there. I kind of saw a lot of those guys were looking at Texas. I wasn’t really talking to either of the Texas schools, Texas and Texas A&M. But I kind of wanted to expand out and see what Texas was all about. I knew that if I put Texas on my list, they would end up recruiting me. Definitely want to visit soon. They weren’t really talking to me in the beginning, but I’ve always liked Texas.

Damon Wilson added that he is looking at attending the Alabama-Texas game in Austin for an official visit, but hasn’t locked that trip in yet. He is also unlikely to take an official to Georgia after seeing the Bulldogs this summer for an extended trip.

The 2022 class was the first recruiting year under NIL. It's going to take time. Even now there are schools getting guys they would never get.

Also, these guys have been recruited for 2-3 years, so it's not like they're just going to jump elsewhere.

What has leveled out is the bag game.

The disadvantage is that those schools have champions next to their name so they're able to keep the wheels turning.

It's going to take time. Brick by brick.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Won't last. Bag schools will still bag and top it off with NIL. But more programs can leverage the NIL to get around the corrupt NCAA, which looks the other way for the SEC, Taint and a few other select bag schools but drops the hammer on everyone else. ... Also, I know we've been saying it forever. But Saban is 70 now. How many more years does he want to keep kissing 5-star 18 year old recruits' asses?
I agree about Saban getting old but that wasn’t my point. My point is that this has not just been irrelevant to Bama, the numbers say they are hitting at an even higher clip.
This is the first recruiting year under NIL. It's going to take time. Even now there are schools getting guys they would never get.

Also, these guys have been recruited for 2-3 years, so it's not like they're just going to jump elsewhere.

What has leveled out is the bag game.

The disadvantage is that those schools have champions next to their name so they're able to keep the wheels turning.

It's going to take time. Brick by brick.
Last year was the first.

Why is he gone to Alabama all of a sudden?

I haven’t seen or read anything that would indicate he was ready to shut it down.
They aren't. It's just the typical cis canes fan/trolls that need everything to be doom and gloom so that they can bring substance to their existence. I suppose it'll always happen on here till either they start charging a membership rate or the Maude's start getting far more active in booting people. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. But it gets real tiresome when so many on here just have to constantly throw past failures and circumstances on an entirely new day. Just all y'all please STFU with this constant desire to say we won't get anyone and even if we're trending if they don't commit immediately than clearly they're going elsewhere. It's stupid and pointless. We're going to be just fine. Just come to terms with the fact things will become clear at the exact moment they're supposed to. Whether that's a strategy of the staff or the kids it just is what it is...

You’re going by that average number and not by actual players. They wanted Skinner, Moss, Mauigoa, Wayne, R.Williams, Aguirre and Robbie Washington. That’s 7 players they wanted and the last 2 TE targets they wanted. Now go to their 247 commit list and look at the TE they took this year. He’s not as good as Skinner or Williams. That’s how it starts…a gradual decline of the talent on your roster.

I agree about Saban getting old but that wasn’t my point. My point is that this has not just been irrelevant to Bama, the numbers say they are hitting at an even higher clip.

Last year was the first.
What I was trying to say is this is the first year enrollment of NIL recruits. The freshman.

I corrected to make clear. Thanks.

Advertisement
This is actually the truth. I argued with people saying the Nil will put Miami in the game , it was a big positive. Yet people believed it would make the bag schools advantage bigger. I think it’s obvious who was right. Miami has shot up to tier two , a legit top 5-8 recruiting program. The Nil helped us as much as anybody.
And that’s perfect. U can win there. Bag schools hate NIL bc it closes the giant Gap they had

Last year was the first.
I think the biggest factor moving forward is the investment in football.

NIL is going to allow schools to fairly compete legally with those who have cheated in the past.

Every team isn't going to have an opportunity to win a national championship or even make the playoffs. However, there will be an expansion of teams who could.

The teams that will be able to compete in future CFPs are:
Alabama
Georgia
Clemson
Ohio State
Texas AtM
Texas
Oklahoma
USC
ND
Miami

College football will be much more interesting when the talent spreads out and the CFP expands to 8 teams.

The teams that recruit in the top 5 -7 are going to be in the CFP and just about guaranteed when it expands to 8.

College football at the highest level is about talent acquisition.

You’re going by that average number and not by actual players. They wanted Skinner, Moss, Mauigoa, Wayne, R.Williams, Aguirre and Robbie Washington. That’s 7 players they wanted and the last 2 TE targets they wanted. Now go to their 247 commit list and look at the TE they took this year. He’s not as good as Skinner or Williams. That’s how it starts…a gradual decline of the talent on your roster.
They have always lost players to other schools though. They wanted all those the difference being is that we are finally a part of a small group of schools that can beat them. Recruiting is a war and it’s about getting more than you lose. Sure there is a valid argument to wait and see, I agree with that, I’m just pointing out that the early returns say that this isn’t just not slowing Bama down, they are picking up steam.

Advertisement
They aren't. It's just the typical cis canes fan/trolls that need everything to be doom and gloom so that they can bring substance to their existence. I suppose it'll always happen on here till either they start charging a membership rate or the Maude's start getting far more active in booting people. Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. But it gets real tiresome when so many on here just have to constantly throw past failures and circumstances on an entirely new day. Just all y'all please STFU with this constant desire to say we won't get anyone and even if we're trending if they don't commit immediately than clearly they're going elsewhere. It's stupid and pointless. We're going to be just fine. Just come to terms with the fact things will become clear at the exact moment they're supposed to. Whether that's a strategy of the staff or the kids it just is what it is...
mariocristobals2ag.jpg

I think the biggest factor moving forward is the investment in football.

NIL is going to allow schools to fairly compete legally with those who have cheated in the past.

Every team isn't going to have an opportunity to win a national championship or even make the playoffs. However, there will be an expansion of teams who could.

The teams that will be able to compete in future CFPs are:
Alabama
Georgia
Clemson
Ohio State
Texas AtM
Texas
Oklahoma
USC
ND
Miami

College football will be much more interesting when the talent spreads out and the CFP expands to 8 teams.

The teams that recruit in the top 5 -7 are going to be in the CFP and just about guaranteed when it expands to 8.

College football at the highest level is about talent acquisition.
How many schools is it helping out that couldn’t cheat at a high level in the recent era? Us, SC and ND? Cause everyone been cheating hard. **** we were cheating just couldn’t do at that high of a level.

Only the idiots on CIS believed the "Miami market" was gonna stop Tuscaloosa. Producing 1st rounders is how you bring in the best of the best consistently.
Same group thought the early signing period would benefit us more than everyone else because we had so many decommitments

I’m like uhhhhh….nevermind

There was NEVER anyone on here saying that. In fact it was the opposite....it was a bunch of ppl onhere saying NIL will only help BAMA....well lie detector test determined that was a lie.

The funny part is the 3 kids in question are from...a program in Fort Lauderdale we never got a kid from, Lakeland, and Venice. 3 places UM doesnt have a foot in
There was definitely a lot of people saying it

But then again you probably blocked them out like I did because they consistently post nonsense

Either way grand scheme of things with Mario and the NIL we are at the table now. We’ve been sitting at the kids table for a long time

It’s gonna be a bloodbath with some of these guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back