Damarius Good commits

I actually like this kid and think, with his size and speed, he has POTENTIAL to develop into a good player.

But there's no reason to take his commitment right now. None. There's a reason he has very few offers, and that reason is he projects as a defensive player at the next level, but has no defensive body of work. Playing DB is very instinctual. Does the kid have a single instinct? Can he actually play DB? Nobody knows, but IMO it's perfectly fine to offer, bring to camps, bring to Paradise, and see how he does this fall (he said he's going to be playing more defense) before you accept his commitment. This is not a make or break type kid, and even if you do wait and he winds up going elsewhere down the road, it's not the end of the world.

This just screams to me that, as usual, the staff is not very confident on much of the higher ranked DBs. If you think you have a shred of flipping Dent, getting Steele, Elam, Stevenson (although they may view him as a Safety), Davis, Porter, Dixon, etc. etc., you don't take a kid purely on potential at this point.

Again, I think the kid clearly has the athleticism to play at this level, I just would like to see a prospect at least demonstrate a tiny bit of production at his position before you take him in May. Nobody else on Miami's level is clamoring for a commitment from this kid right now. To me, this speaks volumes to how poorly the DB recruiting is going. If you think you've got a big hook set into even a few of the kids I mentioned above, this kid doesn't get taken right now. JMO.

They’re only taking 1-2 kids at cb. Relax.

Advertisement
Did someone really compare this kid to Marcus Peters lmao.

Kid may end up being a stud, but to compare a wing T HS RB to arguably the best CB in the league is great.
But I forgot, if you are not praising every kid who commits here as the next best thing, then you are being a “negative hater”. Canesinsight @ it’s finest.

YOURE the one that brought up this bama dudes 40 tds or some such nonsense, not me, dumbass.

And yeah, our coaches are BETTER than bama at teaching. Rumph has done far more with less than saban will ever do- Miami can’t literally buy players the way saban can do we gotta out develop them.

Blah blah blah log off loser

A MF compared this kid who never played dB to an all pro NFL dB & tried to spin it with “physical traits” in an effort to cover up his idiotic delusion about football.

TRASH

Why should we believe your opinion over his? Aren’t you like an Al Bundy type, failed at football, so masquerading as an insider and trolling a cane forum while pretending to be a cane fan? Lmao

Did someone really compare this kid to Marcus Peters lmao.

Kid may end up being a stud, but to compare a wing T HS RB to arguably the best CB in the league is great.
But I forgot, if you are not praising every kid who commits here as the next best thing, then you are being a “negative hater”. Canesinsight @ it’s finest.

Marcus Peters bruh!!

MARCUS FUGGING PETERS.

clearly the dumbest person in the world. I keep forgetting this board is free

Advertisement
Why should we believe your opinion over his? Aren’t you like an Al Bundy type, failed at football, so masquerading as an insider and trolling a cane forum while pretending to be a cane fan? Lmao

Failed at football?

Football allowed me to see the world, obtain 2 degrees, understand being a key in a cog, leadership, accountability, taught me about being a great father, husband & community leader.

Failed at football? Why bc I wasn’t the 1% that made it pro? 🤣🤣🤣

Football has given me so many things & taken me so many places that I would never allow a ****ant like you to downgrade that.

You sir have me confused with your loser Dad..you fugging test tube baby

Failed at football?

Football allowed me to see the world, obtain 2 degrees, understand being a key in a cog, leadership, accountability, taught me about being a great father, husband & community leader.

Football has given me so many things & taken me so many places that I would never allow a ****ant like you to downgrade that.

Ignore him
The worst poster on this site by far and several agree. I’m convinced he is just trolling every time he posts. Just let him speak lol.

You played DB in College and your brother was a Hurricane DB. No need to explain yourself, the real ones know.

& let’s get something str8. There’s no pretend here.

Unlike you..guys here REALLY REALLY know me. I’m accessible, tailgate, travel with the team, strong armed my li bro into being a Cane, & a Club level season ticket holder.

You’re talking to the crem de le crem of Cane fans fluffer.

Advertisement
Ignore him
The worst poster on this site by far and several agree. I’m convinced he is just trolling every time he posts. Just let him speak lol.

You played DB in College and your brother was a Hurricane DB. No need to explain yourself, the real ones know.

✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾

YOURE the one that brought up this bama dudes 40 tds or some such nonsense, not me, dumbass.

And yeah, our coaches are BETTER than bama at teaching. Rumph has done far more with less than saban will ever do- Miami can’t literally buy players the way saban can do we gotta out develop them.

this man has to be trolling. Rumph a better DB coach then Saban? LOL

Failed at football?

Real name please

Advertisement
initially concerned about the pickup, but after watching the film, and reading about his 100m and 40 times. i can dig it.

Advertisement
Failed at football?

SAVAGE

This is a head scratcher of a pickup. It could turnout to be a very good pickup but once again many are being wild homers trying to justify this because there is nothing there outside the usual ‘trust the coaches’. If FSU or UF has taken this kids commit this early, it would have made it into their TEARS THREAD.

I know Tee ..... Boy knows his football and has coached it for a while. Hey I don't mind the staff picking up great athletes who they think they can develop. Paradise camp is around the corner so we will see how he stacks up vs the 3* & 4*s.

Advertisement
Back