Damarius Good commits

A few things:

-Kid is FAST. Get him in here, get him used to the position, and that closing speed will be scary. Which leads into my second thought.

-IDGAF what you guys say about competition, the kid takes on LB's multiple times in the tape, and puts them on their back. Kid is a player. You may not see it, but its evident. Like D$ said, you can't teach that aggression, that tenacity and WANT.

-He is also built pretty well for a Junior, going into Senior year. His lower body strength looks good and it doesn't look like he will need a ton of time to fill out.

I really like the potential of this kid.

Advertisement
What's really funny is that this kid's film looks no different than ******* Henderson, yet ******* was unanimously lusted after by the star whores on here and Good is being seen as a questionable take.

Are stars that important to you? These are literally identical prospects, yet because ******* was a 5 star kid and Good isn't, you're gonna throw shade at Good?

Love the pickup. This is one where the coaches saw a tremendous ceiling, anticipated Good blowing up during his senior year, trusted their evals and pulled the trigger.

My take is similar to D$ in that he has an elite skill set with the potential to develop into an elite level CB. Personally, I see this kid blowing up over the course of the upcoming season and think he will be in high demand come November/December. I'm here in Orlando so I will most definitely be going to at least 1 of his games this year. Great move by the staff to get in on the ground floor with Good and already have him in the fold while we go after more well known prospects.

Advertisement
If their is one thing Rumph could do it is develop talent. Let him coach the kid up for a season or two and he will be a contributor.

Size, elite speed and aggression. Those are things you can’t coach.

It’s a boom or bust move since Good hasn’t played corner and only has limited production on offense. But Banda saw him practice in person before pulling the trigger.

I like the approach because it reminds me of Butch. He aimed high with traits. Half the guys would wash out, and half would become superstars. This guy is in that high-risk, high-reward mold.

One area where he should be a lock to contribute is special teams.

His physical traits remind me of Marcus Peters. I don't see how you can watch that film and not be excited but most of the board evaluates off of star rankings so... :sleeping::sleep:

Advertisement
There is room for a few of these type of three star, local "eyetest" takes every class. Just can't have too many of them filling out the bottom third of your class. These are the types of guys that end up elsewhere and we ask ourselves "why

South Florida quarterbacks converting to skill or DB isn't a bad projectable conversion.

South Florida is weak by DB standards this year. Outside of Stevenson, every DB has flaws
Richards, sang, battle, davis, n im leaving out elam n dent. Weak maybe the wrong adjective. Srry i would rather take a proven so flo DB than a wing back that projects to the position but thats just me. I dont like the idea of a bunch of project playlers we already have bethel.

So? He's a kid no one wanted but Bama took a flyer on him cause they saw something. Same with Good.

No one wanted? Based on what besides your abcests mouth?

Kid had offers from LSU, TCU, Ole ****, etc & you got the nerve to write me this garbage like it’s true.

Why do certain fans always trying to compare what Bama does when we don’t have Bama coaches.

Advertisement
People seem too focused on the CB thing. The kid very well could end up at Safety or stick on offense. The reality is he's a kid built like Frierson who also has elite speed.

You're delusional if you think this is a backup plan. You take backup plans in Jan, not in May. He's obvioiusly someone they eval'd in person and thought could play here. Happy to have him.

And what Dmoney said seems pretty evident. They could have higher ranked kids like Jaden D if they pushed for them. They just don't seem to like any of the local CBs outside of Brownlee and I guess Elam. So when you need 3 CBs in a class, you have to expand the board

Disagree. Frierson is a narrow framed, high-hipped, straight-linish athlete. Good has a bigger, more proportionate frame, better change of direction and converts speed to power much better.

Agree with the rest of the post.

Shields and burns were consensus 4 star recruits, Jackson was rated a 4 star but multiple sites. While shields was mostly a receiver in highschool, burns and Jackson played ALOT of db in highschool

So if Good were a 4* you'd be ok with the commit? Did you question the commitment of Rousseau?

All I know is this staff have offered a lot of known recruit's throughout their time here at UM and for some they stuck and signed here (after getting plenty of offers Miami pulled the trigger on them) BUT their were a lot of others that Miami have uncovered early and started getting heavily recruited and Miami lost them to other schools!!

No Different with this kid, Miami offered him and took his commit, NOW watch how fast this kid's recruitment blows up.. Most ppl on here that isn't 100% sold on him, is only looking at his offer list and star quality BUT LET HIM TAKE A LEAP IN THE RANKINGS, NOW ALL OF SUDDEN THOSE SAME PPL WILL BE SAYING "THIS IS A GOOD PICK UP AND A MUST KEEP COMMIT"..

Advertisement
.........this proves my point......you don't have a life....im going to read all your treads, and I'm get every kid you hated on, and they gone sit around and kick your sorry worthless ***...just stop saying stupid stuff and you'll be alright...find something positive to say, in that tankless, empty dark, hollow, depressed, grandiose brain of yours..yiu get no more of my time with your ignorance.

Please do bc then you’ll actually learn football from the MASTER!

The kid film is trash just like your film was.

You were GARBAGE. Quit selling me those wolf tickets you CTE case patient.

I’m not going to like every kid that commits but I’m going to support every kid that makes it to the roster. Understand the difference fluffer.
You are a blind homer, devoid of thought, logic , and intelligence.

What's really funny is that this kid's film looks no different than ******* Henderson, yet ******* was unanimously lusted after by the star whores on here and Good is being seen as a questionable take.

Are stars that important to you? These are literally identical prospects, yet because ******* was a 5 star kid and Good isn't, you're gonna throw shade at Good?

You are TRASH & exposed yourself as not knowing anything about football.

You think his film is similar to ******* Henderson? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🚮🚮🚮🚮🚮

******** Henderson film clearly shows him RUNNING AWAY from guys scoring TD after TD. He’s doing this in Miami Dade county...
🤣🤣🤣🤣oh my gawd

Last edited:
As long as the kid plays DB his senior season I like having his commitment early.

Because if he struggles his senior year at quarterback It doesn't really matter. That's not giving you proper a evaluation. Youre taking him solely on measurables anyway.

The more film he has the more likely he succeeds.

Advertisement
Back