Damarius Good commits

Bama just took a kid last cycle named Slade Bolden, white RB from LA. TCU was his only major offer and he was ranked around #1500 in the country. Then he camps at Bama, they like him and offer him. Within a couple months he's a Top-500 player.

Pretty much every major NC caliber program takes some kids just based on their own evaluations. You just don't notice it because when an unknwn kids commits to Bama or Ohio St or similar, his ranking gets a huge boost overnight.

****, Jhavonte Dean is an example of that too. Not much film but accepts a Bama offer and suddenly he's a 4*.

I agree they don't always work out, but I'd still rather have that than guys just use 247's ranking list. If the coaches can't evaluate talent, we're screwed anyways

Slade Bolden scored FOURTY touchdowns as a senior.

Advertisement

TEE3000 this for you
First off what do you know about recruiting? What about how other teams recruit? You dont know nothing but what you read. I think it's big mouth hating *** people like you, who hurt the program more than helping it. I never said it's not ok to give your opinion. At the end of the day that negative opinion is just like yours it don't mean ****. You think football is only about football, and I feel sorry for your dumb ***..you got that slave mentality i see....this kid committed to Miami Hurricanes, I wished I coulda went there, been a fan all my life..Give the kid a chance, before you run your hater wagon mouth, throwing all that negativity...You talking hay day , homie, that's the past, you're delusional...you talking like you put the pads on. I know you didn't play for the canes, if ya did ya wouldn't be hating so much. Congratulate don't hate homie. See me in two years when Good and Bethel are in the starting rotation. No I don't see Other National Championship teams doing this. First off what you mean doing this? You don't know ****...shut up...2nd Miami can't pick and choose which recruit they want, we have to win on the field first. When Miami was on top of college football alot of players in Florida was loyal to that program, typically south Florida kids. You get it? Loyalty...thats something you don't have...kick rocks old washed up, hating Larry Holmes wana be monday morning couch athlete..Lastly if you gone give your opinion, give opinion with some type of knowledge, facts, experience don't waste people time with that ignorant *** baseless opinion. I bet you know nothing about that kid, or half the kids you comment about. I hate your ***.

You must have CTE bc you’ve taken people giving their opinions & turned it into hating, delusion, even freaking slavery, & finished it with you hate me. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If you don’t sit your retarded *** down somewhere & control the slobbering bc I’m sure your splashing loads of spit across the screen on your dumb phone.

Go & get a paper towel & clean your ducking phone screen before I lock your retarded *** up in a closet like Mike Leach.

This kid has elite short area explosiveness and hits with intent and violence, not to mention this is happening in May not December/January which says this was a direct evaluation by the staff and a take.................not plan b, c, or d after misses late in the game. It's also pretty clear they're not taking the kid as a RB so there is very little you can take away from the film provided outside of athletic ability/potential. This program is moving in the right direction so overall I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. This is sure as **** a lot better than getting caught with your pants down and not even having enough numbers to fill a competent roster........................which came dangerously close to happening last cycle in a couple areas. I have no problems with this at all.

There are more than enough players that didn’t pan out & who freaking sucked that followed this route so stop trying to sell that story on every recruit bc it’s a gamble with all these kids. Do you see other recent NC winning programs doing this? Then understand the level we’re accustomed to & what we’re striving to get to Mr. SEC

In our hey day...what other Canes fit this bill? Pick a NC team & point to those guys that fit this bill.

Anytime someone gives their honest opinion..it’s always someone like you with the ****ery. Foh

All of our kids fit the bill, dumbass. Ed Reed was a 2 star recruit about to go to Tulane. Clinton Portis was going nowhere as a RB. Warren Sapp was a mfing TE that no one thought would turn into the best DT we've ever had. Jeremy Shockey was a nobody.

The past draft had like ONE kid from the 2014 consensus 5 star rankings make it to the 1st round. Every other kid was a a 4 star, 3 star, or even less.

Stars are for star whores. Are you a star *****, Mr High School Also Ran Nobody?

Advertisement
You must have CTE bc you’ve taken people giving their opinions & turned it into hating, delusion, even freaking slavery, & finished it with you hate me. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

If you don’t sit your retarded *** down somewhere & control the slobbering bc I’m sure your splashing loads of spit across the screen on your dumb phone.

Go & get a paper towel & clean your ducking phone screen before I lock your retarded *** up in a closet like Mike Leach.
.........this proves my point......you don't have a life....im going to read all your treads, and I'm get every kid you hated on, and they gone sit around and kick your sorry worthless ***...just stop saying stupid stuff and you'll be alright...find something positive to say, in that tankless, empty dark, hollow, depressed, grandiose brain of yours..yiu get no more of my time with your ignorance.

Bama just took a kid last cycle named Slade Bolden, white RB from LA. TCU was his only major offer and he was ranked around #1500 in the country. Then he camps at Bama, they like him and offer him. Within a couple months he's a Top-500 player.

Pretty much every major NC caliber program takes some kids just based on their own evaluations. You just don't notice it because when an unknwn kids commits to Bama or Ohio St or similar, his ranking gets a huge boost overnight.

****, Jhavonte Dean is an example of that too. Not much film but accepts a Bama offer and suddenly he's a 4*.

I agree they don't always work out, but I'd still rather have that than guys just use 247's ranking list. If the coaches can't evaluate talent, we're screwed anyways

For what it’s worth, Good got a huge boost on his 247 composite from last night to tonight. His national rank was N/A and after committing it is now at 583. Not sure how that works.

As you said, every team is going to have a few players that they add because of their evaluations and not what the “stars” say. To put it in perspective, if the Top 25 recruiting class each took the top 25 players in the country that’s the top 625 players. Now we know it’s not that exact. Very likely a lot of teams in Top 25 taking a few players outside top 625.

Size, elite speed and aggression. Those are things you can’t coach.

It’s a boom or bust move since Good hasn’t played corner and only has limited production on offense. But Banda saw him practice in person before pulling the trigger.

I like the approach because it reminds me of Butch. He aimed high with traits. Half the guys would wash out, and half would become superstars. This guy is in that high-risk, high-reward mold.

One area where he should be a lock to contribute is special teams.

this is all about where is this kid in 2021/22 in terms of his development as a player? Certain guys you have to project what their ceiling is, anyone can tell you about a polished guy

Recruiting/development is an art and part science.

Advertisement
Imo the fact that he plays offense - qb - is a positive.
Idk still think it’s a bit too early for this, with paradise camp I would have rather had him compete with the other cbs we were recruiting as well. By the way are we still recruiting John Dixon from Tampa hard? He has very good film as well.
Seems that regardless what we say, when someone has a publicly announced offer from us, its is completely committable.
We only send out offers to people we are willing to sign.
That should tell you what you wanna know about their evaluation of him.

Obviously evaluations can change though, so we'll see how it plays out.

All of our kids fit the bill, dumbass. Ed Reed was a 2 star recruit about to go to Tulane. Clinton Portis was going nowhere as a RB. Warren Sapp was a mfing TE that no one thought would turn into the best DT we've ever had. Jeremy Shockey was a nobody.

The past draft had like ONE kid from the 2014 consensus 5 star rankings make it to the 1st round. Every other kid was a a 4 star, 3 star, or even less.

Stars are for star whores. Are you a star *****, Mr High School Also Ran Nobody?

You are playing with the numbers and misrepresenting facts to fit your narrative. There were seven 5* recruits taken in the 2018 draft. However, most of them were from the 2015 recruiting class (because they were 3 and out guys).

And of course there are more 3* and 4* recruits drafted, because there are simply more of them, period. There are only about 30ish 5* recruits per cycle on 247, there are hundreds of 4* recruits, and there's over a thousand 3* recruits. However, there are multiple explanations readily available online (and which have been discussed here ad nauseam) demonstrating a 5* is more likely to be drafted than a 4* who is more likely to be drafted than a 3* (at least in the last 10 years). The odds are just better. So while there may be more 3* 1st rounders in a given year, a 5* has overall better odds of being taken in round 1.

Pointing these facts out doesn't make someone a star *****. But blindly obsessing over stars without looking at the quality of the player does.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Thought this was interesting. Good doesn't seem like he's been at many camps but he was at the 2017 Rivals Orlando camp.

He ran the fastest 40 of anyone there. 4.44 laser time. Yeah this kid can fly.

2017 Orlando Rivals New Speed Combine Results | adidas
For some reason he was a lot slower in 2018...
2018 Orlando Rivals Combine Results | adidas

2018 Damarius Good: HT: 5'11" WT: 172 40: 4.658 SH: 4.598 3-Cone: 7.508 BJ: 113 VJ: 28.6
2017 Damarius Good: HT: 6'0" WT: 000 40: 4.443 SH: 4.690 3-Cone: 7.840 BJ: 113 VJ: 28.0

Advertisement
For some reason he was a lot slower in 2018...
2018 Orlando Rivals Combine Results | adidas

2018 Damarius Good: HT: 5'11" WT: 172 40: 4.658 SH: 4.598 3-Cone: 7.508 BJ: 113 VJ: 28.6
2017 Damarius Good: HT: 6'0" WT: 000 40: 4.443 SH: 4.690 3-Cone: 7.840 BJ: 113 VJ: 28.0

Interesting. But for a HS kid, .2 isn't that big of a variaton, especially since you don't know other factors like he wind, for example. Plus his shuttle and 3 cone improved.

Actually, I saw that at the 2018 testing, only 2 kids broke 4.6 at the Orlando camp.

At the 2017 same camp, 23 kids broke 4.6.

So yeah, I'd say there were likely some different external factors that explain why 40 times were faster in 2017. My guess is the wind or something weather related

this kid is awful .. i turned off his film after 2 plays ... playing vs sorry competition .. I cannot belive this staff right now.
Yup. Gotta give you props for not wasting good time with this evaluation. If he don't show it in two plays, he don't have it.

I'm sure I woulda made up my mind after the first play, but I'm a recruiting genius.

Welcome aboard.

He's got the size and plenty of speed.

If our evaluations are on with a few of the lesser known CBs we've offered recently, then it'll definitely expand our horizon on future DB boards.

Advertisement
Back