2023 Damari Brown - 2023 DB Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Saban has the #1 class in America . No one disputes that. We also took a bunch of 3 stars. Our 4 stars keep dropping like crazy. It's almost like it's a business huh? And with all that being said, all the guys they wanted from us they were able to land 2 at best. I PROMISE you that Malik Bryant would at worst be a top 75 player had he committed to Bama. All you need to know about the services is that they dropped Cormani from 2 to 9. How Miami
is top 3/4 is minor miracle with the shenanians that occur. They should have a 300 class right now. But who cares. The guys Mario wants Mario gets. It doesnt matter if its Saban, Dabo , or Day.
A lot of classes had people drop, sorry to burst your bubble. Jalen Brown dropped a ton. Are LSU fans crying?

Cormani dropped from 4 to 9 in 247s ranking. He’s still #2 overall. Guess what? Bobby Washington is a 4 star now. Why do you selectively choose who to talk about?

The truth is Miami sucking has made a ton of you pussies. We say this every year. “247, etc devalues our recruits after they commit to us”. But then we suck. There isnt some vendetta against Miami from 247. We have a top 4 class because we finally have good recruits.

A lot of classes had people drop, sorry to burst your bubble. Jalen Brown dropped a ton. Are LSU fans crying?

Cormani dropped from 4 to 9 in 247s ranking. He’s still #2 overall. Guess what? Bobby Washington is a 4 star now. Why do you selectively choose who to talk about?

The truth is Miami sucking has made a ton of you pussies. We say this every year. “247, etc devalues our recruits later”. But then we suck. There isnt some vendetta against Miami from 247. We have a top 4 class because we finally have good recruits.

Yeah, sorry, but this is spot on. The “he dropped because he committed to Miami” is just dumb. Why has Francis stayed top ten everywhere basically since June? My dawg Horton got an extra star the day after he committed. There’s no master plan here.

The truth is Miami sucking has made a ton of you pussies. We say this every year. “247, etc devalues our recruits after they commit to us”. But then we suck. There isnt some vendetta against Miami from 247. We have a top 4 class because we finally have good recruits.
Well said

If anything we have routinely proven that the recruiting services actually overrate our players every single season

Advertisement

I hear you but didn’t one of the recruiting services come out and say they drop recruits rankings or increase them depending on what schools are recruiting them and the school’s track record?

Miami isn’t the only school this happens to so we agree there but that logic makes no sense.

If we’re going there, then any Qb that’s being recruited by OSU should drop because of all the busts they have in the nfl.

Recruits should be evaluated and rewarded or punished based on their play on the field not what teams they commit to.

I hear you but didn’t one of the recruiting services come out and say they drop recruits rankings or increase them depending on what schools are recruiting them and the school’s track record?

Miami isn’t the only school this happens to so we agree there but that logic makes no sense.

If we’re going there, then any Qb that’s being recruited by OSU should drop because of all the busts they have in the nfl.

Recruits should be evaluated and rewarded or punished based on their play on the field not what teams they commit to.
To your point there’s definitely been some weird **** over on 247 this year.

I’m not a big conspiracy theorist but they’ve re-ranked immediately after a couple of big commits we’ve gotten.

In the end though, **** em. It’ll work out.

He is being a homer in his posts. Robby and Malik are recruiting wins over Saban but he doesn’t count Benson or Young on the other side.

They may bust in the NFL but chances are a QB recruited by Taint will produce there. As will a WR. So yes, when a certain school offers an under the radar kid, services will take notice, as they should. It’s another layer of scouting, actually looking at whether or not the schools are reciprocating their scouting reports. Back in the mid 2000s everytime we offered a kid they usually became a 4 star shortly after.

Advertisement
Well said

If anything we have routinely proven that the recruiting services actually overrate our players every single season
Or, a player go to us, he's underdeveloped and/or misused, and the services just look like they whiffed on their initial assessment.

247 flat out came out and said if a player commits to a top tier program (aka Bag School) they have a higher chance of being a 5 star player just because they have a better track record of developing them or some BS like that.

Most of the times when a big program offers an unknown recruit they become an automatic 3 star at minimum. What changed? The fact that that program has a large subscription base, they trust those coaches to make evals and not offer a rando.

Now granter I would have bought that BS excuse say with our previius staffs. But when your head coach is Mario Cristobal ( 3 straight years with a top 10 pick
and only Nick Saban can say that), then that excuse goes out the window. There is a Miami bias and yes we can point to an outlier or 2, but for the most part, our big studs dropped despite balling out like blue chip caliber players. Some of the drops were criminal. Why? Go look at our class rating. We were 92.08 a couple days
ago and then mysteriously we dropped to 91.98 without anything happening.

Despite THAT BS, we went head to head with a bunch of blue chip programs including Bama for top dudes at their position. In any other year

Mark Fletcher
Jayden Wayne
Robby Washington
Ray Ray
Francis
Cormani
Samson
Damari ( if he commits)
Popo Aguirre
Malik Bryant
Chris Johnson
Riley Willams

would be committed elsewhere. Usually Bama/ OSU/MSU/ FL/LSU types. All those dudes would have had a spot open if they wanted to come . Meaning that whoever they filled in their current class although very good were contingency plans when nabbing the above dudes failed.

The Miami "big board" has been raided forever by the Bamas/ Clemsons/ OSUs of the world. This year miami is fighting back with a vengence.

The last big hurdle is Hartline.

247 flat out came out and said if a player commits to a top tier program (aka Bag School) they have a higher chance of being a 5 star player just because they have a better track record of developing them or some BS like that.

Most of the times when a big program offers an unknown recruit they become an automatic 3 star at minimum. What changed? The fact that that program has a large subscription base, they trust those coaches to make evals and not offer a rando.

Now granter I would have bought that BS excuse say with our previius staffs. But when your head coach is Mario Cristobal ( 3 straight years with a top 10 pick
and only Nick Saban can say that), then that excuse goes out the window. There is a Miami bias and yes we can point to an outlier or 2, but for the most part, our big studs dropped despite balling out like blue chip caliber players. Some of the drops were criminal. Why? Go look at our class rating. We were 92.08 a couple days

Despite THAT BS, we went head to head with a bunch of blue chip programs including Bama for top dudes at their position. In any other year

Mark Fletcher
Jayden Wayne
Robby Washington
Ray Ray
Francis
Cormani
Samson
Damari ( if he commits)
Popo Aguirre
Malik Bryant
Chris Johnson
Riley Willams

would be committed elsewhere. Usually Bama/ OSU/MSU/ FL/LSU types. All those dudes would have had a spot open if they wanted to come . Meaning that whoever they filled in their current class although very good were contingency plans when nabbing the above dudes failed.

The Miami "big board" has been raided forever by the Bamas/ Clemsons/ OSUs of the world. This year miami is fighting back with a vengence.

I don’t mind the offer baseline being used to further evaluate players that had 0 stars and hadn’t been heavily viewed. But once the site fully evaluated the player, then whatever school offers shouldn’t effect their ranking

Or, a player go to us, he's underdeveloped and/or misused, and the services just look like they whiffed on their initial assessment.
I mean it happens sure but just go back through the classes man. These guys aren’t going on to bigger things elsewhere very often

Advertisement

Possibly but I’d argue that the same would happen to Bama though. If no one else wanted a recruit they got that recruit would drop some.

Mark Fletcher
Jayden Wayne
Robby Washington
Ray Ray
Francis
Cormani
Samson
Damari ( if he commits)
Popo Aguirre
Malik Bryant
Chris Johnson
Riley Willams

I’d like to see a link if you have one on what 247 said. But I’d argue if a recruit is committed to OSU or Bama and no one else wanted them that recruit would drop in the rankings.

Advertisement
I’d like to see a link if you have one on what 247 said. But I’d argue if a recruit is committed to OSU or Bama and no one else wanted them that recruit would drop in the rankings.
It was definitely said but I also believe that it was interpreted with heavy confirmation bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back