2023 Damari Brown - 2023 DB Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Swapping Ivey for Cormani, boi thats a glow up. Not sleeping on Stafford either. Think he will be a huge upgrade on Couch who to me doesnt have great instincts.
Agree plus my thing with Couch is he has had years in a college S&C program and is still scrawny. He has physical traits but I am done with us bringing in CBs that weight 160 or less. That day is dead unless the kid is running a legit 4.3 or better it's a no. Couch still lacks any physicality.

Swapping Ivey for Cormani, boi thats a glow up. Not sleeping on Stafford either. Think he will be a huge upgrade on Couch who to me doesnt have great instincts.
Couch is no slouch (unintended rhyme). Last game his tackling made a substantial difference. He’s a good slot corner becuase of his tackling but doesn’t really have the ball skills to play outside.

Agree plus my thing with Couch is he has had years in a college S&C program and is still scrawny. He has physical traits but I am done with us bringing in CBs that weight 160 or less. That day is dead unless the kid is running a legit 4.3 or better it's a no. Couch still lacks any physicality.
Opposing OC’s go after him week after week. I don’t blame them either.

Advertisement
Opposing OC’s go after him week after week. I don’t blame them either.
Not at all they are literally attacking the weakest link at DB. In this day and age with speed in space with pace you might have a tall, long fast corner but if he isn't big enough and strong enough to make an open field tackle consistently you're screwed.

Brown ia the perfect boundary cb to the CM field side. He’s a big physical cb that sticks his nose into the run game. He’s not scared of contact. Imo hes a total package. One of my favorites in this class.
Think we hold everyone off and keep him home?

Advertisement
Brown ia the perfect boundary cb to the CM field side. He’s a big physical cb that sticks his nose into the run game. He’s not scared of contact. Imo hes a total package. One of my favorites in this class.

So, the perfect compliment to a field cb like Cormani...👍🏿

Couch is no slouch (unintended rhyme). Last game his tackling made a substantial difference. He’s a good slot corner becuase of his tackling but doesn’t really have the ball skills to play outside.
I dont like DBs who dont play the ball and for me he doesn't do it often enough. He is decent at blanketing someone but i want CBs who want the ball

Advertisement
That’s real big boy recruiting. Stafford is a stud but long gone are the days where a project like him would be pressured into getting on the field right away. Usually we either whiff on a player like Stafford or he is the headliner of the CB class, now he maybe the 3rd guy coming in. Top tier athlete who can now be developed.

Insane how Addae and DVD have completely flipped the trajectory of the CB room. Went from saying I like the potential of Graves, Curtis, Rogers to this might be a strength of the team soon with Money McClain, Stafford and hopefully Brown. Awesome work.

That’s real big boy recruiting. Stafford is a stud but long gone are the days where a project like him would be pressured into getting on the field right away. Usually we either whiff on a player like Stafford or he is the headliner of the CB class, now he maybe the 3rd guy coming in. Top tier athlete who can now be developed.
I dont think he is a project. He played both ways in high school. He is physical and he is fast.

I dont think he is a project. He played both ways in high school. He is physical and he is fast.
He is physical and fast but my understanding is regardless of him playing both ways, he needs work at CB. He plays both ways because he is the best athlete on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back