2023 Damari Brown - 2023 DB Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flagg isnt an All Acc caliber LB but hes absolutely playing better than what is being reported on here by posters. Mario has already proven he will play the guys who make plays. (Colbie Young basically turning into our #1 WR overnight) So if the LBs behind Flagg were better, I think Mario would be playing them.
Corey has gotten better every game. Anyone hating on his play right now has an agenda

Advertisement
If Kevin Steele and Charlie Strong are telling and showing us Flagg if one of our best LBs right now, then I am inclined to believe them. These are legit coaches who showed up here without any loyalty to Flagg and even brought in a dude to possibly take his job. For the most part, Flagg has risen to the challenge and upped his game as the season has gone on. Yes, he's got physical and athletic limitations and weaknesses to his game (he's still a liability in coverage and can get overpowered), but his improvement has been a pleasant surprise.

If I had to make a list of players in the 2-deep that I'd like to see replaced asap, Flagg doesn't make my top 25. And if you told me in April I'd be typing that sentence in October, I'd have told you you'd lost your mind.

Flagg played bad first two games.

Since then, hes actually played pretty well.

Doesn't mean, there isn't a play or two where his physical restrictions show up.

I've been hard on Flagg his time here, but he hasn't been bad last 3 games. I am objective.
Agreed. He certainly has not been the reason we've struggled. He fits in perfectly on an average team. I can see ALL-ACC in his future.

Advertisement
Does anyone remember what a true Miami Mike looks like?

Ray Lewis
Mike Barrow
Dan Morgan
Nate Webster
Jon Vilma
Denzel Perryman
**** Colin McCarthy

Our standards have been lowered so far that we are okay with a midget that is slow that is a good blitzer which is where most of his TFLs happen.
The style of linebacker that is needed to defend 2022 offenses is dramatically different than the style of linebacker the majority of those guys were/are.

Advertisement
Your right my bad Flagg is the answer.
If you’ve watched the 2022 Miami hurricanes defense and think Corey Flagg is in the top 10 of issues on that defense then I don’t know what to tell you.

He’s probably going to be all ACC this year.

Yes, he's a Canes Legacy who's father happens to also be a defensive back.

You know how this story ends.
I mean his brother was recruited by Randy Shannon and so is he. There’s a personal relationship with Selwyn.

Advertisement
If Kevin Steele and Charlie Strong are telling and showing us Flagg if one of our best LBs right now, then I am inclined to believe them. These are legit coaches who showed up here without any loyalty to Flagg and even brought in a dude to possibly take his job. For the most part, Flagg has risen to the challenge and upped his game as the season has gone on. Yes, he's got physical and athletic limitations and weaknesses to his game (he's still a liability in coverage and can get overpowered), but his improvement has been a pleasant surprise.

If I had to make a list of players in the 2-deep that I'd like to see replaced asap, Flagg doesn't make my top 25. And if you told me in April I'd be typing that sentence in October, I'd have told you you'd lost your mind.
Yup and their recruiting the position also shows the need for guys. Bryant and the stud from Georgia will immediately contribute. Some people ( not you) think you just need coaches and they can turn average football players into a 10 win team. We stink clearly. When you look at the recruiting class there’s players at every position that will elevate the talent we lack.

Reactions: jsy
Advertisement
Corey has gotten better every game. Anyone hating on his play right now has an agenda
I will admit he’s gotten Better
He’s almost avg
Avg aka jag status won’t get us to where we want to go
Hopefully next year he won’t be playing much with the new guys coming in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back