2023 Damari Brown - 2023 DB Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is his dad in the picture? Selwyn retweets a lot of Miami stuff related to his son. You have to think a former Cane from the late 80s would be pushing hard for his kid to be a Cane.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wasn't Addae supposed to be an upgrade on the recruiting trail? Sorry but not seeing the ROI so far
Reasonable Post
“It’s a down year for Florida DBs and it’s hard to get a good read on the DB board at the moment. It’s still early though so we could be in a much better situation than we realize. Addae has his work cut out for him, curious to see how he does.”

Unreasonable Post
**** you said.

So far being the key part. The concern I don't think is Addae but optics wise it appears like our board for corner isn't very big.
That’s the concern. We all still have ptsd from previous regimes where the board wasn’t nearly big enough at majority of positions. So far with Mario every position not named Db we have legit 7-10 options out there….. so why is DB board so small?

I also understand that many of the DB’s were talking to could be hush hush but can’t think there’s more than maybe one or two of those. I’m more concerned with corner board than I am safety at this point

I know no one wants to hear this and it has been said multiple times already, but in the NIL environment we're in, we've got to be patient. This is a legal bidding war now and it is bad business for a highly sought after athlete at a highly sought after position to make any kind of decision prior to when they absolutely have to. So if you're expecting any recruiter to prove themselves in June, July, heck November, then you best check your expectations.

Advertisement
Wasn't Addae supposed to be an upgrade on the recruiting trail? Sorry but not seeing the ROI so far
1654282353058.gif

Advertisement
Brown took an OV to Clemson last weekend. Here are some highlights of what he said afterwards:

- "It’s such a family-oriented program that has all the tools to set you up for success and with the right people to help. You know, with the people and the atmosphere, I really enjoyed it. There were no real negatives."

- "It kind of blew his mind away," Damari said when asked about his dad's thoughts on the Tigers. "You know, with what they are doing for their players both on and off the field, they are setting them up for life after football."

- Brown continues to talk up Alabama, and that's a school set to host him for an official visit the weekend of June 17.
"I just want them to show me how bad they need me," Brown said while discussing the Crimson Tide. "I know Coach [Nick] Saban develops DBs. So, I want to see if they can take me to the next level."

"T-Rob has been preaching to me that if I want to win, then I need to go to Alabama. He thinks I can fit in there,"

When it comes to other contenders in the recruitment, Brown said that Miami will likely get an official visit from him during the winter months and that he's also eyeing trips Oklahoma, FSU and LSU.

Brown doesn't have a timeline for a decision, but it does sounds like it will come much closer to the Early Signing Period or even in January right before February's National Signing Day.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back