2023 Damari Brown - 2023 DB Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
?
Rt18 Look Busy GIF by Rooster Teeth
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey Yo! Tell him to hit the button

Does this kid have a timeframe he plans to commit? Or is he waiting till after the season?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m gonna be honest, I’m very very skeptical we get this kid.

It will be a huge credit to Addae & DVD if they’re able to pull this one off.

AH is always gonna AH, but we’ll see if we can overcome that obstacle & break this cycle.

Landing a 4-star CB from AH would be a compounding recruiting win of epic proportions, just based on the fact that we’ve been embarrassed so much on that Battle ground in previous recent classes that getting one is as shocking as landing a high ranked kid from OOS.

Recruiting CB’s at AH for us is practically like a recruiting an OOS prospect from SEC territory, actually we have more success recruiting CB’s from Georgia than we do from American Heritage lol

I’m gonna be honest, I’m very very skeptical we get this kid.

It will be a huge credit to Addae & DVD if they’re able to pull this one off.

AH is always gonna AH, but we’ll see if we can overcome that obstacle & break this cycle.

Landing a 4-star CB from AH would be a compounding recruiting win of epic proportions, just based on the fact that we’ve been embarrassed so much on that Battle ground in previous recent classes that getting one is as shocking as landing a high ranked kid from OOS.

Recruiting CB’s at AH for us is practically like a recruiting an OOS prospect from SEC territory, actually we have more success recruiting CB’s from Georgia than we do from American Heritage lol

even in the worst of the st. thomas aquinas days, landing kids looking to head to OSU or OOS, it was never like AH is with DB's and UM. (****, all positions really).

I'm at a loss here, because at this point, you can't just throw it all at the feet of rumph, andi'm not close to the AH situation the way you are. But this is a real problem in search of a solution. Only in South Florida would a major HS be so blatanlty antagonistic towards the hometown team, regardless of who is coach. Alabama, LSU, OSU, TAM .... none of them have to deal with this bullsh*t

Advertisement
even in the worst of the st. thomas aquinas days, landing kids looking to head to OSU or OOS, it was never like AH is with DB's and UM. (****, all positions really).

I'm at a loss here, because at this point, you can't just throw it all at the feet of rumph, andi'm not close to the AH situation the way you are. But this is a real problem in search of a solution. Only in South Florida would a major HS be so blatanlty antagonistic towards the hometown team, regardless of who is coach. Alabama, LSU, OSU, TAM .... none of them have to deal with this bullsh*t
It’s a cultural issue with the school more so than it is restricted to one coach or another.

That’s why the coach who is able to crack that titanium wall down will deserve a raise.

It’s a cultural issue with the school more so than it is restricted to one coach or another.

That’s why the coach who is able to crack that titanium wall down will deserve a raise.

Someone mentioned it here once, but it's an elitism/**** measuring thing for the kids at AH.

Some of their classmates are talking about going to Ivy League or other big time schools around the nation. So naturally, the kids who play sports there want to to be able to say they're going to a big time program within their sphere of expertise.

It's a theory that has some merit.

Advertisement
Someone mentioned it here once, but it's an elitism/**** measuring thing for the kids at AH.

Some of their classmates are talking about going to Ivy League or other big time schools around the nation. So naturally, the kids who play sports there want to to be able to say they're going to a big time program within their sphere of expertise.

It's a theory that has some merit.
I ask because I simply don’t know. Up here the catholic schools offer a great education. Then there are the ISL schools (Milton Academy, Belmont Hill, Nobles) are different animals academically as well as financially (55k p/yr). Catholics are roughly 25k.

Is AH on that level (privates). I think Columbus is like a Catholic school in Boston and Ransom is more like a private school (ISL) up here. Just trying to get a feel where AH falls. I have no idea, only searching for some context to all the grads out there.

I am a product of a Boston Catholic School not the privates. Too much scratch for my parents blood.

Your theory is sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back