NFL Damar Hamlin - Bills & Former Pitt Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
That's pretty much all the news but he needed CPR and an AED on the field.
Caught the end of a conversation with ESPN anchors and they mentioned CPR was administered for several minutes. Unbelievable.

What would keep him from breathing on his own though? He took a good hit to the back of the head when he fell, but he had a helmet on. Hope there's no trauma to the stem.

Last edited:
I’m honestly in a state of shock. Some or many many of us have played football here whether in high school or beyond and I’ve never seen anything like that. It’s scary the way he just fell. I hope they got his heart rhythm back. But please. oh, God, let him live.
You said it all.

Whether he plays again or not isn't significant, I just want him to live to see another day.

Advertisement
Not in football.

Closest thing would be Denmark Player Eriksen when he had a heart attack at the Euros and was brought back to life on the field.
Last time I remember an ambulance on an NFL field was a 1997 game when Lions LB Reggie Brown was injured. A neck injury, and given CPR as he was loaded onto the ambulance. He spent 17 minutes on the turf. Spinal cord contusion.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This has been some horrid television by ESPN. What they think they are doing is beyond me. Put on some f&ckin DARTS or something.
Beat me to it. These people are completely worthless without a teleprompter.

Reactions: D7.
Advertisement
This has been some horrid television by ESPN. What they think they are doing is beyond me. Put on some f&ckin DARTS or something.

Understand the sensitivity but they can't just cut away at this point.

But it is understandable and probably right action if game is called.

They seem as shocked as anyone else watching. I'm reading some of these messages about prior similar scenarios, but I couldn't immediately think of any. Someone above mentioned the player who got CPR. I remember that neck injury, but don't remember the CPR. Everyone just seems stunned and lost.

I'd actually be surprised if there's any more football for the night.

Advertisement
Goodell needs to fūcking postpone the game. Unless they somehow know for sure, he’s going to be OK, if it’s still up in the air, nobody can be focus enough to play. Honestly, I only care of that this kid lives. That’s it that’s all I care about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back