NFL Damar Hamlin - Bills & Former Pitt Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This is beyond tragic.
My father in law (who was a surgeon) dealt with Commotio Cordis in a baseball pitcher who died after being hit in the heart with a baseball

Reminds me of that lacrosse kid that got hit in the chest and had to be revived on the field.

Kid is 24 years old… praying for good news.

Reactions: ben
Advertisement
Worst hit I remember was Ike Taylor knocking out the Dolphins Pat White. I got a chill when that hit happened as I didn’t think White was getting up. Don’t know if White ever had another pro play after that one

There was an NHL hockey game in the 80’s with the blues and I think sabres. Goalie took a skate blade across his throat on a freak play. I didn’t see it live but I can only imagine it was something like this. They had to save his life on the ice that night.

Looked like a pedestrian play. Nothing particular violent. Pre-existing condition?
Many of the scariest scenarios requiring critical care come from routine, nondescript play. I find that compound leg fractures are less terrifying than anything involving the heart and lungs.

Reminds me of that lacrosse kid that got hit in the chest and had to be revived on the field.

Kid is 24 years old… praying for good news.

I’m familiar with that situation and this seems just like that

It’s a one in a million shot that can happen when an impact to a certain part of the chest disrupts the electrical rhythm of the heart and causes cardiac arrest.

It’s absolutely horrific

Advertisement
I’m familiar with that situation and this seems just like that

It’s a one in a million shot that can happen when an impact to a certain part of the chest disrupts the electrical rhythm of the heart and causes cardiac arrest.

It’s absolutely horrific
Yeah sure looked like Higgins lowered his shoulder right into his chest. Didn’t look that violent but location of the impact

Too many dollars & cents on the line to cancel it. I can’t see that happening although I agree it should.

Advertisement
Is there some reason they can't just move the game to tomorrow? Would give the same interval between games as having a Sunday-Thursday arrangement.

Prayers to the young man.

So dam sad man.

Idk wtf is taking them so long to just cancel the game. I got chills just watching.. can’t imagine how his teammates feeling.
I have to *hope* that they haven't cancelled yet because there is good news or at least optimism over his condition.. If it was bad news I'd think/pray/hope that they'd cancel pretty quickly.

Advertisement
Just got home about 20 minutes ago and still trying to gather all the details. Have seen a clip and it’s stunning how he just fell backwards after a seemingly mundane hit.

Sincerely hope he’s OK.

Worst hit I remember was Ike Taylor knocking out the Dolphins Pat White. I got a chill when that hit happened as I didn’t think White was getting up. Don’t know if White ever had another pro play after that one

Brian Dawkins on M.Vick and Ryan Clark on McGahee were two times I kind of cringed a little. I thought McGahee was done for good.

Just got home about 20 minutes ago and still trying to gather all the details. Have seen a clip and it’s stunning how he just fell backwards after a seemingly mundane hit.

Sincerely hope he’s OK.
That's pretty much all the news but he needed CPR and an AED on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back