dalvin cook interview today

Advertisement
Since this thread is still alive.....

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/UM-Recruiting-Report-Dalvin-Cook-167540
A new article was posted today about Cook.

Summary?

Prob something like....................... Miami feels like family. He would have a chance to play with Yearby. His brother is at Miami. His family wants him to go to Miami.

no....probably something like he knows where he is going, it feels great not having to worry about recruiting and his family and ex teammates understand. this ship has sailed boys.

Since this thread is still alive.....

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/UM-Recruiting-Report-Dalvin-Cook-167540
A new article was posted today about Cook.

Summary?

Prob something like....................... Miami feels like family. He would have a chance to play with Yearby. His brother is at Miami. His family wants him to go to Miami.

- Announcing at UAAA Game
- still committed to UF
- Knows where he's going
- Has known for a couple weeks
- Yearby is his brother

/just my guess

Cook has been my favorite prospect in this class since spring of his JR year.

I have also never, not once allowed myself to entertain the idea of him coming here. why you ask?

look at his actions. committed to Clemp$$$$$on early on. that is the biggest red flag that any FL kid can put out. just blatantly obvious what is going on here

Advertisement
Cook has been my favorite prospect in this class since spring of his JR year.

I have also never, not once allowed myself to entertain the idea of him coming here. why you ask?

look at his actions. committed to Clemp$$$$$on early on. that is the biggest red flag that any FL kid can put out. just blatantly obvious what is going on here

Somebody finally gets it... He was never coming here we did everything LEGALLY to get him....

It's probably a big deal because Cook is one of the top RBs in the country and a TD waiting to happen on every play. Think CJ Spiller. And the other 2 are two of the top WRs in the country. It'll be an especially big deal if they wind up at our main rival that has been stomping our asses for almost 10 years now. But if you don't think losing local talent like that is a big deal, then carry on whistling, champ.

So we aren't getting any of that great SoFla talent?

You guys either don't understand the importance of elite guys like Cook, or you're just ignoring it to prop up the corches you seem to worship. We're putting together a very good class, but this class won't be enough to beat teams like fsu. FSU's putting together an even better class AGAIN. And they're looking to nab more of our best players from our backyard. This class might put us over the hump where guys like you can't even convince yourselves that Duke is more talented than us.

But if you keep losing guys like Cook and Sony and Lane and Rudolph and Collins and Thomas, etc., and you're losing them to your chief rival that happens to be dominating you, then you're not likely to get to that next level. You might get to the level where you can beat up Wake instead of being in a death struggle with them, but you won't get to that next level where UM fans expect to be. That same level where Al Golden said he expected to be in his initial speech when he was hired.

We've always lost guys like them. ALWAYS! It has nothing to do with propping up current coaches. No coach at Miami has ever gotten them all, and no coach ever will. And F$U has pretty much always had a 'better' class than us (on paper). Luckily for us, they don't play games on paper. I understand completely that Cook is an elite player, but I also understand three more things that guys like you don't understand. (1) Not every elite SoFla kid wants to stay and play at Miami (and I don't blame them), (2) we have an elite SoFla RB already committed (maybe 2 of them), and (3) we have the best defensive player in SoFla committed (who we need a lot more).

OK.

I agree with Chise.
More importantly though we need to develop what we have. Or player dev = add mass reduce speed and roll them on the field.

Coach technique. Why did Portis have to demonstrate proper ball handling to Duke? If those basics are being missed ...

Cook (5-11, 200) rushed for 1,940 yards and 34 touchdowns during his senior season.

Read on as we breakdown Cook’s recruitment as he is set to make his announcement on January 2nd.

Contenders: Miami, Florida, and Florida State.

The Latest: Cook is still maintaining his commitment to Florida, but his actions show that he is far from a strong commit to the Gators. Cook is also giving Florida State and Miami a strong look. He has taken official visits to Miami and Florida State. He never took one to UF. Cook is set to announce his final decision on January 2nd at the Under Armour Game. He will enroll early at his future school.

Miami’s best pitch: The Hurricanes give Cook the opportunity to play close to home for the school he grew up cheering for. Miami gives Cook the opportunity to play in front of his family. Cook’s brother, Deandre Burnett, is also a point guard for the Hurricanes. Cook could also join his Miami Central teammates Joseph Yearby and Trevor Darling at UM. Cook calls Yearby his best friend. If Cook decides he doesn’t want to leave home, then Miami is in good standing.

Miami’s biggest negative: The Hurricanes are recruiting against the school he has been committed to since the summer in Florida and the hottest school in the country in Florida State. Also, while Cook says it would be nice to play close to home in college he has no problem going away and playing at any school.

Why Miami needs Cook: The Hurricanes are still searching for a number two running back that can share carries with Duke Johnson next year. Cook has the talent to come in and play right away at UM. With Johnson likely held out of spring football while he recovers from his injury and early enrollee Joseph Yearby also out with an injury, Cook would get a great opportunity to receive major carries in the spring and hit the ground running going into the 2014 season. There is a very good chance Cook would be Miami’s number two running back as a true freshman.

Biggest threat: Florida State has done a good job of recruiting Cook this fall. Going into his visit to Miami in early December, FSU was the team to beat in Cook’s recruitment. Did Miami make any ground with that visit? We will find out on January 2nd. The Seminoles are the top team in the country at the moment and FSU is looking to ride that momentum to close with top recruits like Cook.

The darkhorse: Cook still has not decommitted from Florida and there is some value in that. Cook had strong feelings for the Gators until their season took a turn for the worst this year. Now the question is if Cook will have those same feelings for UF on January 2nd. Florida is another school that can offer immediate playing time.

Miami’s Chances: Cook feels like all three of Miami, Florida, and Florida State each have their own strengths. Miami did their best to show heavy interest down the stretch and put themselves in a good position. Now it is just up for Cook to make what he feels is the best position.

Cook quote on the recruiting process: “In my mind I know where I’m going. The coaches that I feel comfortable around, they came in, kept it real with me and I just feel comfortable around them coaches. I’m trying to go to an offense that’s really balanced, run the ball, pass the ball, and have that mix…I want an offensive coordinator that really fits me and can relate to my game.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/...ation.Success=You+have+successfully+logged+in!

Advertisement
So we aren't getting any of that great SoFla talent?

You guys either don't understand the importance of elite guys like Cook, or you're just ignoring it to prop up the corches you seem to worship. We're putting together a very good class, but this class won't be enough to beat teams like fsu. FSU's putting together an even better class AGAIN. And they're looking to nab more of our best players from our backyard. This class might put us over the hump where guys like you can't even convince yourselves that Duke is more talented than us.

But if you keep losing guys like Cook and Sony and Lane and Rudolph and Collins and Thomas, etc., and you're losing them to your chief rival that happens to be dominating you, then you're not likely to get to that next level. You might get to the level where you can beat up Wake instead of being in a death struggle with them, but you won't get to that next level where UM fans expect to be. That same level where Al Golden said he expected to be in his initial speech when he was hired.

We've always lost guys like them. ALWAYS! It has nothing to do with propping up current coaches. No coach at Miami has ever gotten them all, and no coach ever will. And F$U has pretty much always had a 'better' class than us (on paper). Luckily for us, they don't play games on paper. I understand completely that Cook is an elite player, but I also understand three more things that guys like you don't understand. (1) Not every elite SoFla kid wants to stay and play at Miami (and I don't blame them), (2) we have an elite SoFla RB already committed (maybe 2 of them), and (3) we have the best defensive player in SoFla committed (who we need a lot more).

OK.

I agree with Chise.
More importantly though we need to develop what we have. Or player dev = add mass reduce speed and roll them on the field.

Coach technique. Why did Portis have to demonstrate proper ball handling to Duke? If those basics are being missed ...

We've always gotten guys like cook? Who was the last? Listen to chise.

I've been saying that this class as it stands, is great. But, there are no elite game breakers on it as of yet. There are some ifs assuming they can work hard in the classroom and develop over a couple years but cook is the only game breaker from day 1.

I can't remember the last guy we signed with that kind of talent. Maybe najeh, maybe Andre.

Make no mistake, cook is a once in a decade talent.

All I needed to do was check the first page OP to see if the article was favorable or not. Not looking that way so I'll ignore the article and these 16 pages thus far.

OK.

I agree with Chise.

We've always gotten guys like cook? Who was the last? Listen to chise.

I've been saying that this class as it stands, is great. But, there are no elite game breakers on it as of yet. There are some ifs assuming they can work hard in the classroom and develop over a couple years but cook is the only game breaker from day 1.

I can't remember the last guy we signed with that kind of talent. Maybe najeh, maybe Andre.

Make no mistake, cook is a once in a decade talent.

ummm how about Duke Johnson and Stacy Coley u know ALL ACC guys right of the bat smh.. Cook is great but lets chill on the once in a decade talent.. Patrick Peterson was that not Cook... Gore, McGahee, AJ was that.. Duke Johnson has started his career as back to back 1st team ALL ACC and baring a devastating injury next season he will make it 3 years in a row... Duke was a once in a decade type talent here.. And Coley will be a 1st round pick as will Cook... But stop underrating our guys because they committed to us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back