Dalvin Cook commits to FSU

Cook comes across as an ***. He really toyed with Florida in my opinion.

Failure is a hurtful word with negative connotations.

We didn't fail. We just couldn't reach our ultimate goal despite Herculean efforts.

We didn't fail. We merely ran out of time. If we had until February we would have got Cook.

Al is ranked #1 in the nation in effort, and I wouldn't trade any recruit or number of wins for that.....

That's because you're a winner not a whiner. An appreciater not a hater.

I'll take Al's effort over Jizzbo's results any day of the week. When a guy tries as hard as Al does you can build nations.

Did you see how much he sweated at the bowl game? He spilled more sweat than Charlie Strong and all the haters on this site combined.

Advertisement

Very true. We don't need ruffians and hooligans like that. I feel badly for the gators the way this insipid little jerk toyed with them.

In the end, he proved he wasn't UM material and will fit in much better with those aggressive, rough customers in Tallahassee. Those guys have put too much emphasis on acquiring great players and winning football games. At what cost I ask? At what cost?

nice :ibisroflmao:

Failure is a hurtful word with negative connotations.

We didn't fail. We just couldn't reach our ultimate goal despite Herculean efforts.

We didn't fail. We merely ran out of time. If we had until February we would have got Cook.

Al is ranked #1 in the nation in effort, and I wouldn't trade any recruit or number of wins for that.....

That's because you're a winner not a whiner. An appreciater not a hater.

I'll take Al's effort over Jizzbo's results any day of the week. When a guy tries as hard as Al does you can build nations.

Did you see how much he sweated at the bowl game? He spilled more sweat than Charlie Strong and all the haters on this site combined.

8.jpg

IDK if you guys are ok.. but cook did not commit to florida state university(fsu) but he actually committed to a new start up football program called the university of florida state(ufs).. they are 2 completely different schools. i think ufs is on the east coast somewhere, not far from miami, close enough for his family to still see him on weekends. he says it clearly in the video of his committment that he was a florida commit but he will be spending the next 3-4 ears at the university of florida state.. i think they are strting out as a d2 or d3 program before eventually moving up

Advertisement
That's BS. Where's that vid from when he was committed to Clemson?

I did that interview and he definitely had Miami up top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CkejrRdKcY

So Pete, in your pinion what happened? I think at the end of the day no matter what he says he didn't want to play with Yearby.

Nothing happened. We were never really in it for this kid. Don't fool yourself. You're delusional if you ever thought we were really in it. And some of you retards think we can always get, and have always gotten, every single blue chip kid in south Florida--you're wrong. We never have, and never will. We just have to try to shut the escape hatch as much as possible, but it will never close entirely. Get used to competition for south Florida. People who thought Jimmy Johnson got every south Florida kid he wanted are dead wrong. We lost recruiting battles back then, just like now.

Just because he didn't sign with Miami doesn't mean they were never in it. He would not have signed those financial aid papers if Miami was not in it. The staff just lost the recruiting battle.

Pete, I concede. You knew the situation better than I did. I'm not in south Florida, and I don't talk to recruits, players, etc. I just had a feeling the whole time, and based only on the thousands of words written by you and others, that he wanted to go away. I've seen it before, so it just triggered my instincts. I've often been right about these things. He might have signed those papers, but he could have done that as a courtesy, and because he was under so much pressure from his friends, some family, etc. True, he visited when he wasn't feeling well, but that's no big deal. He might have seriously been torn, and thinking seriously about Miami, but I just always had a feeliing about this kid. I don't really think he wanted to play with Yearby, even if they were buddies. I think he wanted to get out of Joe's shadow and strike out on his own.

The most important thing is, we have a dominating DT on the bubble, and if you read a post I made somewhere else, I don't remember where, it is much harder to find that extraordinary elite DT who might remind us of Jerome Bown, Warren Sapp or Vince Wilfork. We have had a number of elite RBs in the last decade and a half, and several more who were very good, but it seems much more difficult to find the great dominator in the interior defensive line. I think Valentine might be more important than Cook in the long run. I wanted Cook, but I think we've got some terrific backs already in the fold.

Advertisement
Cook is a front runner....when your not winning you dont have a shot with those types.

1.) He goes to Miami Central but lives in Carol City. Carol City High School has been down, so since then early on he showed the front running. (Duke was at Norland the closest school next to Carol City to his home so he didnt go there)

2.) Clemson gets hot..beat Lsu has alot of hype...BAM...He verbals their

3.)UF has alot of sec hype...early hype top 10 ranking..seen to be the big team in fla...BAM....he verbals their

4.) UF Sucked it up...FSU goes on magical run...their the talk of the town...playin in mnc...You know thats where he's headed. lol

Kid is a beast of a prospect...but i never gor attached to him...i treated him similar to how i did Johnnie Dixon..those were guys EARLY ON i had pegged elsewhere so just wathced their recruitment tentatively and from a far..What hurts though imo...is that kid is headed to fsu..and we have to see him....as i fully believe he is a 3 and done talent...so he will run roughshod over us. But i love me some Joe Yearby and dont think he is a consolation prize.

Cook is a front runner....when your not winning you dont have a shot with those types.

1.) He goes to Miami Central but lives in Carol City. Carol City High School has been down, so since then early on he showed the front running. (Duke was at Norland the closest school next to Carol City to his home so he didnt go there)

3.)UF has alot of sec hype...early hype top 10 ranking..seen to be the big team in fla...BAM....he verbals their

4.) UF Sucked it up...FSU goes on magical run...their the talk of the town...playin in mnc...You know thats where he's headed. lol

Kid is a beast of a prospect...but i never gor attached to him...i treated him similar to how i did Johnnie Dixon..those were guys EARLY ON i had pegged elsewhere so just wathced their recruitment tentatively and from a far..What hurts though imo...is that kid is headed to fsu..and we have to see him....as i fully believe he is a 3 and done talent...so he will run roughshod over us. But i love me some Joe Yearby and dont think he is a consolation prize.

To be fair....who doesn't?

Close tread please...lets talk about Yearby, C. Thomas and Valentine instead of this fake Miami kid.

Nailed it with this post Gogeta

Advertisement
Cook went to F$U because of their relationships with TPD, looked stoned in numerous photos of him, University of Florida....State.

I agree totally with gogeta4
I also think the way he conducted his recruitment lately was shameful. It is one thing to change your mind and switch schools. But to keep doing the gator chomp every chance he got and insist he was committed to UF when he verbally committed to FSU a few weeks ago (and everybody new it) is very disrespectful.

Having said that, mods used to lock threads when they run their course. Not anymore I guess. As long as it's generating traffic then all good business.

I also think the way he conducted his recruitment lately was shameful. It is one thing to change your mind and switch schools. But to keep doing the gator chomp every chance he got and insist he was committed to UF when he verbally committed to FSU a few weeks ago (and everybody new it) is very disrespectful.

Having said that, mods used to lock threads when they run their course. Not anymore I guess. As long as it's generating traffic then all good business.

If the thread was locked you would not have been able to post your 2 cents and then complain about it still being open.

Advertisement

If the thread was locked you would not have been able to post your 2 cents and then complain about it still being open.

And look who liked your post LOL
My $.02 is what it is, $.02. For someone like you it is a lot of money.

Dammit mods, are you going to allow these personal attacks? Lock thread please!

No one would know you had $.02 if the thread was locked. I'm grateful that the mods allowed us to see your opulent wealth.

Advertisement
Back