2025 Dakorien Moore 5* WR/ATH from Duncanville, TX

Advertisement
Outside of Colin Simmons I can't think of any Texas guys we've legit had traction with.
2024:
Drelon Miller & Colin Simmons only 2 TX guys to OV.

2023:
DJ Hicks
Reid Mikeska
Jaylon Braxton

Outside of Mikeska, didn’t seem like there was any real traction at these guys.

2024:
Drelon Miller & Colin Simmons only 2 TX guys to OV.

2023:
DJ Hicks
Reid Mikeska
Jaylon Braxton

Outside of Mikeska, didn’t seem like there was any real traction at these guys.
I left off Miller because 1mur said Miami gave him the cold shoulder. Very underwhelming to say the least.

I left off Miller because 1mur said Miami gave him the cold shoulder. Very underwhelming to say the least.
Yeah i just wanted to see who we hosted & brought in on our limited visits & see how hard we hit the state being that MANY of us have clamored for more Texas.

Doesn’t make much sense being that in 2022 cycle alone at Oregon, 7 Texas guys during the Summer OV period, including guys who eventually committed (and decommitted once Mario departed):

- Kelvin Banks
- Cameron Williams
- Stephon Jackson
- Landon Hullaby
- Nic Anderson (decommitted in Nov before Mario left).

Advertisement

2024 4-star RB Caden Durham
2025 5-star WR Dakorien Moore
2026 (unranked) WR Ayson Theus

Texas Speed 🔥🔥🔥

CHECK TO SEE WHO CAME SECOND TO THEM IN THAT RACE.........WHO DIDNT RUN WITH ONE OF THEIR FASTER RUNNERS.

FLORIDA/ BROWARD COUNTY SPEED WE AINT DUCKING NO SMOKE.

AMERICAN HERITAGE WAS ON THAT *** (NO DIDDY) WITH OUT ZAMARII RUNNING.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
It simply a matter of effort.

If we put forth the same effort that we put into signing GA, Alabama, Illinois & Louisiana kids that we put into Texas it would bear results.

We will make serious inroads in Texas recruiting after we're in the Big 12.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

It simply a matter of effort.

If we put forth the same effort that we put into signing GA, Alabama, Illinois & Louisiana kids that we put into Texas it would bear results.
Mario had success recruiting TX kids at Oregon.

As a University, we haven’t had success in a LONG time. Any chance that TX high school coaches just don’t mess w/Miami and try to steer their kids away? I mean it just doesn’t add up, as Mario had some STUDS committed from TX in his 2022 class before he left and took the UM job.

I’ve heard that kids from the South Dallas area, and Houston area tend to be a bit more “Miami friendly” but recently outside of Flagg and Arroyo (who off the top I cannot remember his HS area), we’ve literally struck out on every TX kid we’ve recruited.

Mario had success recruiting TX kids at Oregon.

As a University, we haven’t had success in a LONG time. Any chance that TX high school coaches just don’t mess w/Miami and try to steer their kids away? I mean it just doesn’t add up, as Mario had some STUDS committed from TX in his 2022 class before he left and took the UM job.

I’ve heard that kids from the South Dallas area, and Houston area tend to be a bit more “Miami friendly” but recently outside of Flagg and Arroyo (who off the top I cannot remember his HS area), we’ve literally struck out on every TX kid we’ve recruited.
No not at all.

Texas HS Coaches don't operate like that, they send their kids to literally everywhere. Over the last 5 classes, Notre Dame, Purdue, Nebraska, Minnesota, AZ ST, Stanford, Mizzou & Vanderbilt have signed more TX prospects than us, they haven't won sh*t either.

It has nothing to do with "success" & everything to do with effort.

I'm close friends with one the top 7v7 Coaches in Houston who used to Coach Team Fast but is now with Team Trill & we have regular conversations about Texas kids who like & love Miami.

We strike out on the TX kids we've recruited recently because we don't really recruit them hard. Compared to how much we put into the Alabama & Illinois kids we're after every cycle, we pretty much wave the white towel on TX early on in the process & don't really go after them at all.

Why? That's a question only the staff can answer, but the idea that we can't sign them just isn't true.

(And Arroyo is from Frisco, which is North Dallas/Plano region)

No not at all.

Texas HS Coaches don't operate like that, they send their kids to literally everywhere. Over the last 5 classes, Notre Dame, Purdue, Nebraska, Minnesota, AZ ST, Stanford, Mizzou & Vanderbilt have signed more TX prospects than us, they haven't won sh*t either.

It has nothing to do with "success" & everything to do with effort.

I'm close friends with one the top 7v7 Coaches in Houston who used to Coach Team Fast but is now with Team Trill & we have regular conversations about Texas kids who like & love Miami.

We strike out on the TX kids we've recruited recently because we don't really recruit them hard. Compared to how much we put into the Alabama & Illinois kids we're after every cycle, we pretty much wave the white towel on TX early on in the process & don't really go after them at all.

Why? That's a question only the staff can answer, but the idea that we can't sign them just isn't true.

(And Arroyo is from Frisco, which is North Dallas/Plano region)
Sad to hear. We should be focussing in Texas

Advertisement
Back