Dade vs Broward high school football

Imukat

Recruit
I’m not from Florida, so can someone give me a quick summary between Dade and Broward teams, players, systems, etc?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not from Florida, so can someone give me a quick summary between Dade and Broward teams, players, systems, etc?

Broward is north of Dade county and at a higher elevation, so punts and passes tend to go farther. Because of elevation and colder climate you tend to see more of the Big10 "3 yards and a cloud of dust" in Broward vs the more wide open air raid offenses in Dade.
Similarities?
In Dade you have lots of folks from Latin America who won't speak English whilst in BROwad you have lots of folks from the northeast who can't speak English.

Advertisement
Broward is north of Dade county and at a higher elevation, so punts and passes tend to go farther. Because of elevation and colder climate you tend to see more of the Big10 "3 yards and a cloud of dust" in Broward vs the more wide open air raid offenses in Dade.
Similarities?
In Dade you have lots of folks from Latin America who won't speak English whilst in BROwad you have lots of folks from the northeast who can't speak English.
This is true. In Dade, being closer to the Southern hemisphere, the ball is thrown and/or kicked with a counterclockwise rotation, compared to Broward which has a clockwise rotation. Any true fan knows this.

This is true. In Dade, being closer to the Southern hemisphere, the ball is thrown and/or kicked with a counterclockwise rotation, compared to Broward which has a clockwise rotation. Any true fan knows this.

A valid point often overlooked by folks quick to criticize our players and coaches, especially since we practice in Dade and play in north Broward.

A valid point often overlooked by folks quick to criticize our players and coaches, especially since we practice in Dade and play in north Broward.
Exactly. Too often, fans forget that Baxa practiced kicking with a counterclockwise snap, only to suddenly switch to a clockwise snap on gameday. It’d wreak havoc on any kicker, it’s a godsend he made any kicks at all.

Advertisement
This past season, there were state championships in eight different divisions, and Miami-Dade won 5 championships (Northwestern, Central, Booker T Washington, Champagnat and Columbus) and Broward won 2 championships (St. Thomas, Hollywood Chaminade). The state championship from the smallest division came from North Florida

Another phenomenon is that Northwestern, Central and Booker T Washington are public high schools within about seven miles of each other, while the other schools are private schools, dispersed throughout Miami-Dade and Broward.

I think that sums up the type of successful programs in South Florida. Then, just look at all the NFL players from Miam-Dade and Browar, and that tells you how good high school football is In those two counties.

Advertisement
Back