Dade County Recruits

There's no excuse for any of these teams to be "down". There's so much **** talent down there it's sickening. Even the schools that are "down" have enough talent to produce a winning record.

Advertisement
Interesting post [MENTION=7984]Cane01[/MENTION]

Even the best players on that 2014 Booker T team were from down south: Antonio Callaway, Devonta Davis and Maurice Alexander.

Was the only year that isaw that..and quite strange. Most of Booker T's talent is home grown through their optomiost feeder system. **** our Jackson (de), Matthew Thomas, ICE'S SON all played together since optomist.

@gogeta

Not talking strength of teams because school populations play into that. I'm talking about quality of prospects. It seems that outside of Central and CC the other northern Dade schools aren't producing as many top prospects as they used to. Particularly MNW, Norland, Jackson, and to a lesser extent BTW.

We're in the middle of about a 4 year period where we will want virtually nobody from those 4 schools who have always been good to us in terms of talent. Just seems strange.

MNW kids are getting snuck to Central to build up that Monster...they always split kids kinda..but when Roland Smith's staff got in ..with all the old MNW guys...they just have been loading up. Half of that team with Devonta Freeman were from the Pork n Beans..walking distance to MNW.

Norland never produced a bunch of talent..but they just sent a kid to AUburn that we coveted and likely is a high round pick in Carlton Davis. But Norland splits kids with Carol City/ Krop/ Pace/Miramar. Krop aint sh*t..but C.C. seems to be back ont he rise...and Miramar would take maybe one or 2 kids usually.

BTW is ok...They will continue to produce.

you just got ti ubderstand when theres a powerhouse in s.fla...the big time talent will flock...as you saw central become that..they are the top dog until MNW knocks that off and it starts back all over again..the probem with MNW is that they have been switching coaches at a high rate since.

The West gone come back. I'd be shocked if they stay down for a long time.

they have already been down for a long time. its been all down hill for them since they smashed southlake carroll on espn. that was almost a decade ago.

I remember watching that game! That game was must see TV for Hurricane fans. It was so much fun watching Spence, Forston, Aldarius, Streeter, BWash, Jacory and Breakaway Tompkins represent the 305 and ball out against Southlake Carroll. Southlake being the highschool where Drew Needs and Nick Foles played.

I can't remember the name of the Southlake QB that day though. I don't believe it was Foles that played against us that game. Whoever it was, I remember them being really annoying always crying and begging the refs for a flag. Spence layed the wood to that dude a few times that night. It was a lot of fun to watch.

Last edited:
Advertisement
[TWEET]766106413437448192[/TWEET]
Rollins just won a Gold medal, so congrats to her.

Advertisement
Back