Dabo would NEVER “slip and slide” after that win today!!!

Advertisement
I'll slow it down for you: Why you making such a big deal about ***** dancing in the locker room if you see it all the time?

Won't condescend with the same response. Said it half a dozen times already, It was never about whether he should, shouldn't, does or doesn't.

It was about all the scorching hot takes that Dabo would never celebrate like Manny after a sloppy, near loss game like that. He'd be cracking skulls in the locker room all ****ed off.

No need to flatter me with your Dabo earned it Manny hasn't response, that was never the issue.

Advertisement
Won't condescend with the same response. Said it half a dozen times already, It was never about whether he should, shouldn't, does or doesn't.

It was about all the scorching hot takes that Dabo would never celebrate like Manny after a sloppy, near loss game like that. He'd be cracking skulls in the locker room all ****ed off.

No need to flatter me with your Dabo earned it Manny hasn't response, that was never the issue.
First of all, I never said ***** would never celebrate a close win, so I won't even enter that fray.

Here's the issue in a nutshell: Mabo isn't Dabo. What Dabo does, Mabo doesn't necessarily get to do.

This is the issue despite you claiming it isn't. The knock on Mabo is that he's running a daycare facility where the players don't respond to his leadership, and he's looked at as a friend. Because that's the knock on him, he shouldn't be doing the slip n' slide after a ****** performance because that adds more fuel to the players thinking he's happy with them underperforming.

Dabo doesn't have that issue with his team. They clearly respect him and play hard for him, so if he wants to dance in the locker room after a close win against an inferior team, his players won't see it as him lowering the standard and being happy with poor play. Does that make any sense, or are you too dug in at this point?

First of all, I never said ***** would never celebrate a close win, so I won't even enter that fray.

Here's the issue in a nutshell: Mabo isn't Dabo. What Dabo does, Mabo doesn't necessarily get to do.

This is the issue despite you claiming it isn't. The knock on Mabo is that he's running a daycare facility where the players don't respond to his leadership, and he's looked at as a friend. Because that's the knock on him, he shouldn't be doing the slip n' slide after a ****** performance because that adds more fuel to the players thinking he's happy with them underperforming.

Dabo doesn't have that issue with his team. They clearly respect him and play hard for him, so if he wants to dance in the locker room after a close win against an inferior team, his players won't see it as him lowering the standard and being happy with poor play. Does that make any sense, or are you too dug in at this point?

You’re continuing to paint my position as who should and shouldn’t do it.

I don’t care what coach does what. All of them know their teams better than any one of us. And if they don’t, they’ll suffer the consequences.

The point, and only point of thir thread is that all the hot takes about Dabo never doing something celebratory after a ****** win are complete bull****.

Totally agree brother. Its funny watching the "Dabo would never" crowd change it to "Dabo can do it cause he's a winner"

Lol I was thinking the same thing.

"Dabo is a savage and would never dance in front of his team because his players are scared of him " has become
"Well of course Dabo can wear a pink frilly dress and dance the macarena in the locker room because he's won a championship."

Of all the years I've been on this site and read the ridiculous takes, the criticism of Diaz for celebrating after beating UVA is legitimately one of the silliest.

Lol I was thinking the same thing.

"Dabo is a savage and would never dance in front of his team because his players are scared of him " has become
"Well of course Dabo can wear a pink frilly dress and dance the macarena in the locker room because he's won a championship."

Of all the years I've been on this site and read the ridiculous takes, the criticism of Diaz for celebrating after beating UVA is legitimately one of the silliest.

A lot of goal post moving occurred thats for sure.

Advertisement
A lot of goal post moving occurred thats for sure.

It's a lot worse to be viewed as inauthentic than to be seen as a "nice-guy" coach. Diaz isn't going to develop a hardass persona. I think a big part of why Diaz is crushing Dabo in recruiting when their first 3 years are compared is that recruits personally like Diaz. That's what works for him and the results show in recruiting.

Class ranks
Miami
2019- 27
2020- 16
2021- 13

Clemson
2009- 36
2010- 27
2011- 10

Miami's problem isn't that Diaz is too nice. Miami's problem is that the staff just isn't good enough yet. As has been said many times on this site, Dabo became Dabo when he added 1. Morris 2. Venables 3. had 5 star QB Taj Boyd at QB, and 4. Clemson boosters stepped up the bag game (which is related to #3) Diaz has made progress towards #1 with Lashlee . We will see if he addresses #2 in the offseason. #3 and #4 depend on a lot more than Diaz. Whether he's on a slip n' slide or making frowny faces on the sidelines is going to have little effect on Diaz being able to copy any of the actual factors that were key in making Dabo successful.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's been doing it forever. These rubes act like they just found the smoking gun at trial and now everyone's in a panic to move the goal posts. ***** dances, and ***** wins NCs. Mabo slips n' slides, and Mabo's players see him as their goofy old friend.

Yeah I’m the “entrenched” one.

He's been doing it forever. These rubes act like they just found the smoking gun at trial and now everyone's in a panic to move the goal posts. ***** dances, and ***** wins NCs. Mabo slips n' slides, and Mabo's players see him as their goofy old friend.
I think OP pigeon holed his premise in a way that it is difficult to beat. He was solely going after the posters who said that Dabo and Saban would never dance or celebrate after a close win. When a person speaks in such definitive terms (never, always etc) it is easy to poke holes. I imagine the poster who said that is also in the crowd of don't dance after TD's act like you have been there. They were eluding to Dabo or Saban being some crazy disciplinarian that would have the team doing up downs before getting on the bus.

As you pointed out, he (Dabo) has been doing this corny ish forever. But it works so who cares. I think he started as a recruiting coordinator at bama or clemson so he has the personality recruits like and has carried that over to him being a HC.

My only disagreement is you say Dabo does this and wins NC and Manny does it and they see him as their goofy friend. That may be this team's opinion, but if Dabo was dancing in 2010 when he went 6-7, why can't manny and still get to that level?

I don't really have a dog in the fight either way but just trying to see where you are coming from. Am I sold on Manny? F-no, but this whole thread is just odd. Dabo went to clemson in 08, 2 years later, he finished 6-7, wins against North Texas (3-9), Presbyterian (2-9), Maryland (9-4), Ga. tech (6-7), NC State (9-4), and Wake (3-9). Losses to Auburn (14-0), Miami (7-6), UNC (8-5), BC (7-6), FSU (10-4), uSCAR (9-5), and USF (8-5). If he did his corny dance ish then and turned it around, Manny can as well is all I am saying.

Yeah I’m the “entrenched” one.

If a player got seriously injured and Diaz got choked up talking to the media, we'd have dummies coming out of the woodwork claiming that it proves he doesn't have what it takes to be a big time college coach. After all, Saban walked over the body of a player having a seizure, and Saban is the GOAT. Players won't play hard for a nice guy.

Advertisement
I think OP pigeon holed his premise in a way that it is difficult to beat. He was solely going after the posters who said that Dabo and Saban would never dance or celebrate after a close win. When a person speaks in such definitive terms (never, always etc) it is easy to poke holes. I imagine the poster who said that is also in the crowd of don't dance after TD's act like you have been there. They were eluding to Dabo or Saban being some crazy disciplinarian that would have the team doing up downs before getting on the bus.

As you pointed out, he (Dabo) has been doing this corny ish forever. But it works so who cares. I think he started as a recruiting coordinator at bama or clemson so he has the personality recruits like and has carried that over to him being a HC.

My only disagreement is you say Dabo does this and wins NC and Manny does it and they see him as their goofy friend. That may be this team's opinion, but if Dabo was dancing in 2010 when he went 6-7, why can't manny and still get to that level?

I don't really have a dog in the fight either way but just trying to see where you are coming from. Am I sold on Manny? F-no, but this whole thread is just odd. Dabo went to clemson in 08, 2 years later, he finished 6-7, wins against North Texas (3-9), Presbyterian (2-9), Maryland (9-4), Ga. tech (6-7), NC State (9-4), and Wake (3-9). Losses to Auburn (14-0), Miami (7-6), UNC (8-5), BC (7-6), FSU (10-4), uSCAR (9-5), and USF (8-5). If he did his corny dance ish then and turned it around, Manny can as well is all I am saying.
I don't know if ***** was dancing after wins when he went 6-7. And I doubt he's danced in the locker room after his team's 3rd straight ****** performance.

I don't think Mabo slip n' sliding after a ****** performance automatically means he's going to continue to struggle as a HC. It's more of a symptom to me than it is conclusive proof. It's the embodiment of Mabo's overall approach, which is proving not to work when it comes to getting his team to play at a high intensity level week in and week out. If your HC is celebrating like he won a NC after his team's 3rd straight desultory performance, that tells the players that the HC is happy with how they're playing. It tells them that if they do just enough to beat a bad team that he's going to perform for them afterward like a monkey, and it's going to be all fun and games.

There a difference. I'm sure Dabo gave them some business and then celebrated as he and they should. Manny on the other hand celebrated first before giving them the business. Big fracking difference.

Advertisement
Back