Dabo Swinney: ACC is the best conference in NCAA football.

Advertisement
I'm not a homer conference guy, that ish is ghey...however, I am tired of being disrespected too. ACC smashed in the bowl games. Meanwhile, the overhyped Small 10 and $EC got smashed. I'm tired of the teams in these conferences being overrated and then when they beat up on each other, it's considered a "quality win" propelling these chumps to the playoffs. Enough with the monopoly. If I had it my way, both teams would've lost, but I'm glad the Dabo out chessed Saban.

I don't know about the best but it is one of the most competitive I have seen this season.
Who knows what will happen next season with all the new QBs.

Advertisement
Finebaum did every thing but recognize the Clemson effort on his show today...Gave every excuse, even pouting that it was Kiffin's fault for being a distraction that contributed to Tide's downfall...The only excuse he didn't come forth with was Clemson scored more points than Alabama.....As for my opinion the ACC kicked a-s this year...

I'm not a homer conference guy, that ish is ghey..

You may not be, you have a right to be, or not to be one. I also get, and agree with the rest of your post.

But understand this: The SEC. gets more media coverage, more bias, and more favorable calls by the refs/NCAA because they are considered the bread and butter of CFB. Not saying it's deliberate, but a winning reputation does sway things in your favor. That's just the way things are in our way of life, whether it's CFB, NFL, or any other sport.

If the ACC hits a winning groove like the SEC, it means more revenue, more coverage, better recruiting, among many other benefits. I have hated on Blabo Tweeney ever since he's coached at Chlamydia. But yesterday, I was a fan of theirs.

It's about time that girl turned over to tan her butt.

Last edited:
Finebaum did every thing but recognize the Clemson effort on his show today...Gave every excuse, even pouting that it was Kiffin's fault for being a distraction that contributed to Tide's downfall...The only excuse he didn't come forth with was Clemson scored more points than Alabama.....As for my opinion the ACC kicked a-s this year...

Finebaum has no reason to get up in the morning, other than get his nose fertilized by Bama.

Advertisement

You may not be, you have a right to be, or not to be one. I also get, and agree with the rest of your post.

But understand this: The SEC. gets more media coverage, more bias, and more favorable calls by the refs/NCAA because they are considered the bread and butter of CFB. Not saying it's deliberate, but a winning reputation does sway things in your favor. That's just the way things are in our way of life, whether it's CFB, NFL, or any other sport.

If the ACC hits a winning groove like the SEC, it means more revenue, more coverage, better recruiting, among many other benefits. I have hated on Blabo Tweeney ever since he's coached at Chlamydia. But yesterday, I was a fan of theirs.

Look no further than the final rankings. How is Florida #13 /14 after FSU wiped the floor with them? 5 loss Auburn ranked ahead of us in the coaches? That's the ish that is ghey.

Funny thing is after completely dominating in every facet this season the ACC got completely disrespected in the final top25 rankings.

If this was the SEC that had this NON-Con record and bowl record, etc, you better believe that their teams with 8 wins would rank ahead of other conferences teams with 9 or 10 wins.

If it wasn't for Bama, the SEC would be 3rd or 4th best conference.

AND the B1G got absolutely smacked in bowl games. But they get ranked highly because they all beat eachother. Yet the ACC does it, while dominating every other conference, and its like it doesn't matter.

Look no further than the final rankings. How is Florida #13 /14 after FSU wiped the floor with them? 5 loss Auburn ranked ahead of us in the coaches? That's the ish that is ghey.

Exactly.

ESPN, who's pumped millions upon millions into covering the SEC is influencing this hype train. I mean, I was listening to the game on ESPN radio before I got home and then listened to the programming afterwards, and it was unbelievable how much they slathered on Saban's *******; stating the "excellent" coaching job he still did. Mentioning how they weren't so sure the better team won yesterday, but the better coach, FOR THE DAY, won. I mean, COME ON!

No way UF should be top 15. No way Auburn should be top 20. Watch Tennessee be on CFP watch next year. Watch UGA win their first game against Chapman University in Fullerton, CA. and get propelled to the top 15. It's ridiculous.

Advertisement
The media and NCAA bias for the SEC is deliberate. They are the four letter network's bell cow and money maker, and for the same reason - making crazy money - the NCAA isn't going to touch them. Does everyone think Bama's players are all giants in college and midgets in the league for no good reason? LOL. No one is monitoring what they do. No place on earth loves college football like the deep south - none. There is literally nothing else big going on other than CFB in many of those places - Tuscaloosa, Oxford, Auburn, etc., etc.

A strong ACC is great for Miami, and Dabo's comments prove the coaches absolutely sell the strength of the conference to recruits.

Dabo doesn't "root" for other ACC schools because he "likes" them. He does so because he knows it's good for the image of the conference.

Some of y'all post about the program needing to stop playing checkers, and start playing chess. Meanwhile, y'all are still playing checkers as a fan.

Advertisement
A strong ACC is great for Miami, and Dabo's comments prove the coaches absolutely sell the strength of the conference to recruits.

Dabo doesn't "root" for other ACC schools because he "likes" them. He does so because he knows it's good for the image of the conference.

Some of y'all post about the program needing to stop playing checkers, and start playing chess. Meanwhile, y'all are still playing checkers as a fan.

Dabo and Clemson are good spokespersons for the ACC, because they are the NC. Also good spokespersons for the ACC are the teams that won their bowl games against other conferences. If this trend continues, the ACC will attract the same attention the SEC has.

These polls that still favor SEC make my point. There's work to be done. It's not as instant as we'd like it to be. The SEC wasn't an overnight success. Win next year as a conference, and we begin to change the landscape.

Exactly.

ESPN, who's pumped millions upon millions into covering the SEC is influencing this hype train. I mean, I was listening to the game on ESPN radio before I got home and then listened to the programming afterwards, and it was unbelievable how much they slathered on Saban's *******; stating the "excellent" coaching job he still did. Mentioning how they weren't so sure the better team won yesterday, but the better coach, FOR THE DAY, won. I mean, COME ON!

No way UF should be top 15. No way Auburn should be top 20. Watch Tennessee be on CFP watch next year. Watch UGA win their first game against Chapman University in Fullerton, CA. and get propelled to the top 15. It's ridiculous.

Exactly.

Anyone could see this coming a few years ago, with the upgrades in the coaching department. With Babers, Fuente, Fedora, Petrino and yes even Richt this conference was gonna be on the upswing. This sport is all about competent coaching and that's something the ACC was always lacking behind the top conferences. Now IMO it's the TOP coaching conference in the country bar none.

Advertisement
Back