Dabo Swiney

Golden sucks *** but am I the only one who thinks Dabo is overrated? Chad Morris and Venables are as good as it gets when it comes to coordinators. Not if but when Chad Morris leaves I think this Tiger team will be exposed. Not saying Canes have a chance tomorrow just saying Dabo will be fired within 4 seasons.

Dabo is a cheerleader and motivator. However, he surrounds himself with tremendously talented and loyal coaches. He knows exactly how to win in the ACC and against top-tier programs. Also, he knows how to recruit SoFlo talent away from Florida teams. He also sends a good amount of NFL-ready talent to the next level. Statistically, Dabo is one of the most accomplished coaches in NCAAF right now.

Basically what I'm saying is you're wrong...

he's also lost multiple games ever year he's been at clemson over the past 7 years all while outrecruiting 95% of the country. against some mediocre teams too

Name some coaches that hasn't lost to mediocre teams in the last 7 years...

they didn't just lose, they got blown out smart ***. do some actual research. dabo has done his fair share of corching and hasn't come close to a national championship despite recruiting as good as anyone. i'm not saying he's golden bad which apparently a lot of the people on the board are, i'm saying he's bad in comparison to those who are elite in recruiting. trust me when i say that recruiting makes up for his lack of game planning and application

Spot on. I don't think you need to win National Championships to be considered elite but he's not even close to elite. BYOG

Advertisement
While not a great coach in any specific area, Dabo is smart. He's smart enough to take a pay cut to bring in top flight coordinators. If only Miami was smart enough to do the same...

Dabo is smart enough to surround himself with great coaches. If one area of the team isn't up to par, he makes a decision. He puts his players in the best position to win.. Something we need in Miami

100% agree. He has always surrounded himself around really good assistants.

Golden sucks *** but am I the only one who thinks Dabo is overrated? Chad Morris and Venables are as good as it gets when it comes to coordinators. Not if but when Chad Morris leaves I think this Tiger team will be exposed. Not saying Canes have a chance tomorrow just saying Dabo will be fired within 4 seasons.

Dabo is a cheerleader and motivator. However, he surrounds himself with tremendously talented and loyal coaches. He knows exactly how to win in the ACC and against top-tier programs. Also, he knows how to recruit SoFlo talent away from Florida teams. He also sends a good amount of NFL-ready talent to the next level. Statistically, Dabo is one of the most accomplished coaches in NCAAF right now.

he's also lost multiple games ever year he's been at clemson over the past 7 years all while outrecruiting 95% of the country. against some mediocre teams too so i get where the OP is coming from. he's a real definition of recruiting equalling wins but he isn't quite outcoaching everyone. there has been some questionable play by the tigers against ACC foes and he has definitely been jimbo's doormat every season..

This is true but it takes time to change things. If you look at the current team we dont have a single player on the roster that has ever lost to an unranked team OR a team that didnt finish the season in the Top 12. We are also the only team in the country to finish higher than our preseason rankings four years in a row. If that is underachieving sign me up for more please.

Not to throw a monkey wrench in this whole theory but you guys realize Morris is no longer OC at Clemson right? Hes the head man at SMU this season.

OP is a ******... Aka me
Who's calling plays for Clemson now?

Jeff Scott and Tony Elliot are listed as Co OC's but Elliot calls the plays on game day. He was recommended for the play calling duties by Morris. He was basically a Morris understudy from day one since it was a given Morris would take a HC job sooner or later. Scott was given the title(and raise) to keep Morris from hiring him away since hes our main recruiter in Florida and south Georgia.

Advertisement
Still think Dabo is as useless as paying for Tinder though

Dabo hires the right people and lets them do their job. He plays his role as motivator and the closer for recruiting. Also if you notice in every interview he does he is selling the program hard. You can find interviews online with our players who basically say they would run through walls for him if he asked. Guy knows how to lead.

Also, he knows more about football than you think. To walk on at Bama and earn a scholly is impressive for anyone. Read an interview with Gene Stallings once where he said Dabo had a very deep knowledge of the game and has always had a plan on how he would run a program. Clemson gave him that chance and so far its doing pretty well with it.

he's also lost multiple games ever year he's been at clemson over the past 7 years all while outrecruiting 95% of the country. against some mediocre teams too

do some actual research.

i'm saying he's bad in comparison to those who are elite in recruiting.

Do some research?Lmao...elite recruiter? Clemson's past 5 classes per 247:

2015- #8
2014- #24
2013- #15
2012- #23
2011- #11
avg=16

An elite recruiter is someone that finishes with at least some top-5 classes..

Last edited:
Omg not this s.hit again.

People said the same thing about Jimbo for years. Same thing they say about the UF coach now.

Realize a good coach when you see one f.ucking retards.

Show me someone saying Jimbo was a bad coach and I'll show you someone jacked up on crystal. Jimbo was hand picked by Bowden to take over FSU.. That tells me all I needed to know bout ole Jimbo

He got bashed his first 3 years because he coaches at our rival and his name is Jimbo.

Just because you coach at FSU, or UF, or Notre Dame or you're called Jimbo or Dabo doesn't mean you can't coach.

People on here are f.ucking retarded

Advertisement

they didn't just lose, they got blown out smart ***. do some actual research. dabo has done his fair share of corching and hasn't come close to a national championship despite recruiting as good as anyone. i'm not saying he's golden bad which apparently a lot of the people on the board are, i'm saying he's bad in comparison to those who are elite in recruiting. trust me when i say that recruiting makes up for his lack of game planning and application

Lmao...elite recruiter? Clemson's past 5 classes per 247:

2015- #8
2014- #24
2013- #15
2012- #23
2011- #11
avg=16

That is about where we have been. Our guys have similar level of talent. Dabo and his staff runs circles around Alfraud and his staff.

do some actual research.

2015- #8
2014- #24
2013- #15
2012- #23
2011- #11
avg=16

do you no how many teams there are in division I fbs football? and like how you completely neglected what i said about them getting dominated by mediocre teams. seriously don't be an amateur and act like you actually watch what's going on with other teams throughout the country besides the canes.

Last edited:
Not to throw a monkey wrench in this whole theory but you guys realize Morris is no longer OC at Clemson right? Hes the head man at SMU this season.

i was seriously counting the comments before someone corrected this thred.. smdh

I actually waited to see if someone else was going to correct it before I did. I was hoping it would be a cane fan so I wouldnt come off like a douche. I am a guest here after all. :uncomfortableness:

Advertisement
A elite head coach is a guy who hires the right guys.

Hence the coaching tree they create.

Dabo is underrated IMHO.

What is a head coach? Leader, CEO, GM etc. While at the top of any organization, the unspoken expectation for those individuals is to get consistent positive and upward results. The great ones know one of the keys in obtaining those unspoken results is, getting results through others. You surround yourself with the best and brightest. You are not afraid of their success and encourage their growth and development.

Does any of the above mirror the Canes coaching staff at present. Regrettably no. Have we had that formula in the past? Yes we have, and we need it again now more than ever!

Last edited:
Advertisement

do some actual research.

2015- #8
2014- #24
2013- #15
2012- #23
2011- #11
avg=16

do you no how many teams there are in division I fbs football? and like how you completely neglected what i said about them getting dominated by mediocre teams. seriously don't be an amateur and act like you actually watch what's going on with other teams throughout the country besides the canes.

You're pretty comical. So in your mind , since there are 128 FBS schools, a coach that averages a #16 recruiting class is elite but when his teams finishes the season ranked higher than those classes he's considered a corch? Lmao, what's wrong with ya?

As far as being dominated by mediocre teams, he has a 34 game winning streak against unranked opponents. Again, what teams are you talking about?

Last edited:
Some food for thought on this topic- Dabo's skilled players during one season were Tahj Boyd, Andre Ellington, Sammy Watkins, Deandre Hopkins, and Martavis Bryant... And he didn't make it to a BCS game that year

do some actual research.

2015- #8
2014- #24
2013- #15
2012- #23
2011- #11
avg=16

You're pretty comical. So in your mind , since there are 128 FBS schools, a coach that averages a #16 recruiting class is elite but when his teams finishes the season ranked higher than those classes he's considered a corch? Lmao, what's wrong with ya?

As far as being dominated by mediocre teams, he has a 34 game winning streak against unranked opponents. Again, what teams are you talking about?

georgia tech, nc stats, wvu throttling him by 70 points. once again, do you actually know what's going on in college football besides are sorry *** team bc golden can't be used as a benchmark

Advertisement
Back