Dabo got rid of golden

Advertisement
Dabo is a legit m'fer. Even without him putting the final nail in Golden's coffin, I don't know how anyone doesn't really like him. Speaks from the heart, says what's on his mind, and gets those boys up these days. Legit dude.

If you buy that, I've got some beachfront property in Arizona you'll really love! It's got great character, catch phrases, self promotes incessantly and thinks you're bush league.

Really don't understand people who like to bad mouth Dabo on these boards.

No matter what you think of him as a person, he's the man who kept his foot on the throttle in the 58-0 beat down against Golden and led to his dismissal. Without that horrid Clemson loss, Golden stays the rest of the year and *might* have gotten another pass with how the team finished the season (4-2, 8-5 overall, 5-3 in ACC).

For that alone, I would have no problem buying Dabo a drink if I ever saw him. Much respect.

Last edited:

No matter if you think of him as a person, he's the man who kept his foot on the throttle in the 58-0 beat down against Golden and led to his dismissal. Without that horrid Clemson loss, Golden stays the rest of the year and *might* have gotten another pass with how the team finished the season (4-2, 8-5 overall, 5-3 in ACC).

For that alone, I would have no problem buying Dabo a drink if I ever saw him. Much respect.

I guess that should give him a pass for being part of the pathetic 'Bama team that scrounged its way to a 'ship in '92 ... the "Lamar Thomas giveaway" game

Advertisement
Its premature, but even before this game it just seemed Iike Saban didnt have that fire anymore. Almost reminds me of Carroll's last few seaeons at USC.

I think he wants one more go in the pros while he still has the energy to coach.

14-0 with a true freshman quarterback and the best defense in the game, going into a consecutive title game... and he doesn't have that fire anymore?

And if the game ended two seconds earlier, they win and He's "Saban da gaw!!!!"

No matter if you think of him as a person, he's the man who kept his foot on the throttle in the 58-0 beat down against Golden and led to his dismissal. Without that horrid Clemson loss, Golden stays the rest of the year and *might* have gotten another pass with how the team finished the season (4-2, 8-5 overall, 5-3 in ACC).

Yet another team/coach that has benefited from Miami's mediocrity. I hope to God we get back to the point where we put FSU/Clemson/Louisville back in their place.

Its premature, but even before this game it just seemed Iike Saban didnt have that fire anymore. Almost reminds me of Carroll's last few seaeons at USC.

I think he wants one more go in the pros while he still has the energy to coach.

14-0 with a true freshman quarterback and the best defense in the game, going into a consecutive title game... and he doesn't have that fire anymore?

Not saying their defense isn't any good but they don't exactly play offensive juggernauts in the sec!

Yet another team/coach that has benefited from Miami's mediocrity. I hope to God we get back to the point where we put FSU/Clemson/Louisville back in their place.

I remember Clemson being sorry af, next thing you know half of their team's from Florida balling out.

Advertisement

Are you joking? I hate Saban but hes not lacking fire.

Will be the first to admit I didn't think he'd make it after his interim tag was removed. He's a great coach with a better story. Reaches GOAT level if he tells Bama to F themselves when Saban retires and they go after him

Are you joking? I hate Saban but hes not lacking fire.

He has the fire -- just not for Alabama Football any more. At least not like he used to. It's lonely at the top. The program sells itself. They get the best players. They're expected to win every game. He's over it. Saban is a true coach who's about building. Right now, he's maintaining. Not nearly as much fun.

Advertisement
Saban to the NFL would make me very happy. I don't think it's going to happen though.

Won't happen unless it's the right situation. He feels like he got burned to a certain degree by the Dolphins w the Ricky Williams situation, but he also played a huge role in all of that by choosing Culpepper's knee over Brees' shoulder.

I give Dabo tons of credit... that guy has built Clemson into a monster, recruited well, won the ACC, beats FSU, gotten them to the National Title twice in a row and finally won it.

His players love him, hes enthusiastic and like everyone has said he was responsible for getting Golden the F...outta here

Advertisement
Here's SFBay's Official Dabo Appreciation post:

Dabo since taking over at Clemson:

2008: 7-6 (took over mid season)

2009: 9-5

2010: 6-7

2011: 10-4

2012: 11-2

2013: 11-2

2014: 10-3

2015: 14-1 Runner up

2016: 14-1 National Champions

4-4 overall against FSU

Since his reset year in 2010, Clemson has beaten:

LSU
Auburn (twice)
UGA
Ohio State
Oklahoma (twice)
Alabama

I think when they got waxed in the Orange bowl by Geno and WV, is when they finally turned the corner. Dabo went out and got Venerables from Oklahoma and they started actually building the defense they're now known for; a fast, attacking, get upfield and pursue defense.

Last edited:
al-golden-dabo-swinney-1000.jpg

NEVER FORGET.

Gotta give OP credit for the title. He makes it sound like Dabo quietly dumped Golden's carcass out in the Everglades. With Golden now coaching for the Lions, that's pretty much true.

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Dabo - the man who chased Golden out of town.

Did he EVER.

Advertisement
Back