Dabo gon Dabo

Well if the players getting paid makes their education a sham, what does His $9.3M annual salary make Him? It's always a one way street with quislings like Him.

And last I checked these players have been playing the game since they learned how to walk, so they ARE professionals.

Upvoted for use of the word quisling.

I’m fairly certain that the word quisling has to lead as the least used word on CIS.

Advertisement
Saban fears today's NIL landscape.

I suspect Bama and Auburn are going to struggle mid/long term unless they can get consistent T Boone Pickens-esque support.
Why should he? They've been on the cutting edge of this stuff since the beginning. The fact that the NCAA seems incapable of defining the parameters of this feeding frenzy doesn't mean that it doesn't get eventually defined by federal guidelines in the near future. In the meantime, guys like Dabo are just calling it as it is.

Advertisement

Shocked Futurama GIF

Advertisement
How do you even do this?

"Everyone who has a football scholarship raise your hand"

"Whoa whoa Timmy, Chad, and Jason put your hand down"
I hope they ceremonialize it the same way they do when they give these walk-ons scholarships.

"Timmy come up on here in front of the team. I brought your parents down as well to witness this monumentous moment."

Portal comments are the most interesting. Alabama has had 10+ consecutive years of top 2 classes and they still rape and pillage the portal every year.

Beat me to it!

Where in Hades - In the past decades - has Alabama and other annual powerhouses - including Clempson - been on an even keel with other NCAA teams?

Alabama is and HAS BEEN the greatest Semi-Pro football team playing in the NCAA. Have the greatest, most well-oiled booster bag men in history!

Clemson had/have their own bag men - but the handful of top teams with bag men don't have the same number of top recruits and splits among top players they had available in the past. Even Tennessee really crashed the party. Gotta adapt! Now Bama has both bag men AND NIL working.

Advertisement
Oh no, he's so evil.

This is what happens with walk ons. ****, even scholarship players. The portal will likely take care of three spots, what they're over. If it doesn't though, three walk ons they gave a scholarship to, because they had them available, will have theirs dropped.

This is one of the reasons scholarships are year to year. Nothing is guaranteed. Everyone knows this and if you get one free year, all the better. It's common as ****, but surprising to see an article on it.

Oh no, he's so evil.

This is what happens with walk ons. ****, even scholarship players. The portal will likely take care of three spots, what they're over. If it doesn't though, three walk ons they gave a scholarship to, because they had them available, will have theirs dropped.

This is one of the reasons scholarships are year to year. Nothing is guaranteed. Everyone knows this and if you get one free year, all the better. It's common as ****, but surprising to see an article on it.

With walk-ons you're correct, but P5 scholarships are guaranteed for 4 years with a few exceptions...they did away with the year to year thing in 2015.

He is 100% correct. Many of us have said the same thing for years.
“My transfer portal is right there in that locker room because if I'm constantly going out every year and adding guys from the transfer portal, I'm telling all those guys in that locker room that I don't believe in them, that I don't think they can play," Swinney said. "We're also not doing our job as coaches and recruiters if we're bringing in a bunch of transfers."

FSU fans and coaches 🤔

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back