D2 WR JaQuae Jackson, California University of Penn offered

One9

Senior

JaQuae Jackson has been busy updating his offer list on Twitter in recent weeks. The 6-foot-3, 190-pound receiver is planning to use his final year of college eligibility at the FBS level, after earning Division-2 All-American honors at California University in Pennsylvania in 2022.

"I have been working my whole life just to get to this point," Jackson said.

Cincinnati, Colorado, Georgia Tech, Pittsburgh and USF are among the 15 programs that have quickly extended an offer to Jackson since he entered the transfer portal as a graduate on March 24. The Buffaloes' offer came through this Tuesday.

"I want to visit all these schools, or at least as many as I can, to see what they can offer," he said. "Especially being a D2 guy, I'm not saying they are taking a chance, but they are taking a chance. I just want to show them that I can play with those top tier guys."

Jackson is set to obtain his college degree on May 6, and that could also turn into his announcement date.

"I was thinking about announcing where I am going to play next season on graduation day," he said.

Jackson earned first-team all-state honors as a defensive back during his senior season at Pittsburgh (Pa.) Serra Catholic in 2017 before enrolling at "Cal U." He redshirted there in 2018, appeared in eight games with three starts in 2019, and his whole team was sidelined for the 2020 campaign due to COVID-19.

Following the height of the pandemic, Jackson was a man on the mission. He caught a total of 135 passes for 1,922 yards and 21 touchdowns the past two years for the Vulcans.

"Coming out of high school, I was a lot lighter," he said. "So I really progressed. I got bigger, stronger, faster. I have just continued to elevate my game since I've been here. I always wanted more. I always felt I was one of the best players in Pennsylvania. I was underrecruited so I knew when I got my shot, I was going to make it happen.

"Being at a D-2, I had to dominate. Not only in our league, but nationally. I always knew I was the type of player that was capable of doing that. I have been playing football for a long time, being a top player every time I was on the field so now I can't wait to prove it again at a higher level."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 7.22.52 PM.png

6-1, 6-3, 6-7, WR nonetheless come on down pal.

Advertisement

Miami is on the hunt for wide receiver help for the 2023 season and a name that emerged on the radar on Monday night is generating some quick traction.

InsideTheU learned that Division II All-American wide receiver JaQuae Jackson is set to visit to Miami this week. He will watch practice on Thursday and is expected to spend a few days in South Florida.

The listed 6-foot-3, 175-pounder out of California University in Pennsylvania brought in 77 passes for 1178 yards and 13 touchdowns as a redshirt junior last fall. That’s coming off a sophomore campaign in 2021 where Jackson was responsible for 58 catches for 744 yards with eight trips to the endzone.

Over the past 21 games, Jackson has found paydirt 21 times while averaging more than 14 yards per catch.

Wide receiver has been a priority position for the Hurricanes in the transfer portal with the program chasing USC transfer Gary Bryant Jr. and Alabama transfer Tyler Harrell.

The Pittsburgh native also holds an offer from the Panthers and the ACC rival is believed to be one of the programs who pose the biggest threat to Miami in this recruitment. NC State, West Virginia, Colorado, Georgia Tech, and Cincinnati are some more Power 5 options on the table for the graduate.

On his Twitter account, Jackson claims a 4.41 40-yard dash at a ‘Junior Day’ in front of professional scouts.

Miami is on the hunt for wide receiver help for the 2023 season and a name that emerged on the radar on Monday night is generating some quick traction.

InsideTheU learned that Division II All-American wide receiver JaQuae Jackson is set to visit to Miami this week. He will watch practice on Thursday and is expected to spend a few days in South Florida.

The listed 6-foot-3, 175-pounder out of California University in Pennsylvania brought in 77 passes for 1178 yards and 13 touchdowns as a redshirt junior last fall. That’s coming off a sophomore campaign in 2021 where Jackson was responsible for 58 catches for 744 yards with eight trips to the endzone.

Over the past 21 games, Jackson has found paydirt 21 times while averaging more than 14 yards per catch.

Wide receiver has been a priority position for the Hurricanes in the transfer portal with the program chasing USC transfer Gary Bryant Jr. and Alabama transfer Tyler Harrell.

The Pittsburgh native also holds an offer from the Panthers and the ACC rival is believed to be one of the programs who pose the biggest threat to Miami in this recruitment. NC State, West Virginia, Colorado, Georgia Tech, and Cincinnati are some more Power 5 options on the table for the graduate.

On his Twitter account, Jackson claims a 4.41 40-yard dash at a ‘Junior Day’ in front of professional scouts.

When can he commit?

Advertisement

JaQuae Jackson has been busy updating his offer list on Twitter in recent weeks. The 6-foot-3, 190-pound receiver is planning to use his final year of college eligibility at the FBS level, after earning Division-2 All-American honors at California University in Pennsylvania in 2022.

"I have been working my whole life just to get to this point," Jackson said.

Cincinnati, Colorado, Georgia Tech, Pittsburgh and USF are among the 15 programs that have quickly extended an offer to Jackson since he entered the transfer portal as a graduate on March 24. The Buffaloes' offer came through this Tuesday.

"I want to visit all these schools, or at least as many as I can, to see what they can offer," he said. "Especially being a D2 guy, I'm not saying they are taking a chance, but they are taking a chance. I just want to show them that I can play with those top tier guys."

Jackson is set to obtain his college degree on May 6, and that could also turn into his announcement date.

"I was thinking about announcing where I am going to play next season on graduation day," he said.

Jackson earned first-team all-state honors as a defensive back during his senior season at Pittsburgh (Pa.) Serra Catholic in 2017 before enrolling at "Cal U." He redshirted there in 2018, appeared in eight games with three starts in 2019, and his whole team was sidelined for the 2020 campaign due to COVID-19.

Following the height of the pandemic, Jackson was a man on the mission. He caught a total of 135 passes for 1,922 yards and 21 touchdowns the past two years for the Vulcans.

"Coming out of high school, I was a lot lighter," he said. "So I really progressed. I got bigger, stronger, faster. I have just continued to elevate my game since I've been here. I always wanted more. I always felt I was one of the best players in Pennsylvania. I was underrecruited so I knew when I got my shot, I was going to make it happen.

"Being at a D-2, I had to dominate. Not only in our league, but nationally. I always knew I was the type of player that was capable of doing that. I have been playing football for a long time, being a top player every time I was on the field so now I can't wait to prove it again at a higher level."

Can't tell if he's really fast or everyone around him is really slow.

Eh.... Quick feet, brings something a little different to the table on the outside but I don't see him beating out Jacolby

Read this kids interview, SI I believe, but this kid has the right mindset. Just wants to prove that he can play with the big boys because he says he was underrecruited out of HS. Redshirted his freshman year, played 8 games his SOPH year starting 3 of them, 2020 season was canceled due to C19, then he gets busy in 2021 and absolutely goes off in 2022. Hard work beats talent when talent isn't working hard....this kid will force himself onto the field and his game will rise as the competition rises. We need to lock him up this weekend. He's scheduled to commit at his graduation on May 6th.

Advertisement
Back