D$/staff: why blackout on last week's camps?

grover

Senior
Premium
Was this due to concerns over recruits reading on this site, or HS Coaches or even the staff & administration? Is it temporary or should we expect more caution going forward on what is reported?

Advertisement
Pete tweeted this morning that "the work" coming today

i'm sure he'll recap the camps this weekend & inform of us anything else that is of importance. If there was something worth knowing, they'd let us know

i'm sure he'll recap the camps this weekend & inform of us anything else that is of importance. If there was something worth knowing, they'd let us know

That sounds a little like the government. "If there is something you should know, we will tell you." The question is worthy. They was a thread about camp like always and then suddenly it was gone. Not unreasonable to ask why. So, what happened?

That sounds a little like the government. "If there is something you should know, we will tell you." The question is worthy. They was a thread about camp like always and then suddenly it was gone. Not unreasonable to ask why. So, what happened?

1.gif

Advertisement
My issue is that there has always been transparency on this board. It was built by Canes fanatics for Canes fanatics. I've "known" D$ for a decade over on Canestime (grassy) and here, and he's always been very open. I have no problem with the admins telling us the truth, even if it hurts. If a coach or player or family member went ballistic over something written on this board, we should know.

There was a father of a recruit and camp attendee on the first camp thread and some of the discussion got personal (very friendly, btw, just very detailed). I was wondering if that was the reason. Maybe we shared a little too much information. But if that's the case, we need to know so we can help avoid risks in the future. Having guys who care about the team and the quality of the board understand the situation can only help.

My issue is that there has always been transparency on this board. It was built by Canes fanatics for Canes fanatics. I've "known" D$ for a decade over on Canestime (grassy) and here, and he's always been very open. I have no problem with the admins telling us the truth, even if it hurts. If a coach or player or family member went ballistic over something written on this board, we should know.

There was a father of a recruit and camp attendee on the first camp thread and some of the discussion got personal (very friendly, btw, just very detailed). I was wondering if that was the reason. Maybe we shared a little too much information. But if that's the case, we need to know so we can help avoid risks in the future. Having guys who care about the team and the quality of the board understand the situation can only help.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Very nice exchange, but some fools may have misconstrued a pleasant exchange with recruiting. If one of our porsters said "best of luck to your son, hope he earns that offer and comes to play for the U" and happened to give $50 to the Hurricane Club, the geniuses at the NCAA would construe it as illegal booster involvement in recruiting. Luckily nothing like that happened and thread got zapped to make sure it wouldn't.

61.gif

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Very nice exchange, but some fools may have misconstrued a pleasant exchange with recruiting. If one of our porsters said "best of luck to your son, hope he earns that offer and comes to play for the U" and happened to give $50 to the Hurricane Club, the geniuses at the NCAA would construe it as illegal booster involvement in recruiting. Luckily nothing like that happened and thread got zapped to make sure it wouldn't.

61.gif
62.gif

Sorry, haven't been on the site all day. It was a compliance issue. There apparently is a rule against media reporting from the camps, which is why none of the other sites have reports.

Advertisement
Sorry, haven't been on the site all day. It was a compliance issue. There apparently is a rule against media reporting from the camps, which is why none of the other sites have reports.

Well that sucks but rules are rules. I appreciate all that you guys do!!

Thanks D$. Makes sense. Glad to hear it wasn't anything more problematic. Too bad no more tweets or real-time updates from camp.

Advertisement
Back