D$ shares exclusive spring practice insights

Advertisement
Decent rotational guy, pretty solid against the run but has shown very little as a pass rusher.
I dont mind Chantz or beat him down like the other guys. He is a nice rotational guy with size( BIG PAUSE) and effort ability. He's a guy you bring in that doesnt give too much of a drop off and can work against tired tackles. Him having around 5-7 sacks a year is a ceiling imo. I dont mind it...i dont have him as a complete JAG. He serves a purpose an can start games

I dont mind Chantz or beat him down like the other guys. He is a nice rotational guy with size( BIG PAUSE) and effort ability. He's a guy you bring in that doesnt give too much of a drop off and can work against tired tackles. Him having around 5-7 sacks a year is a ceiling imo. I dont mind it...i dont have him as a complete JAG. He serves a purpose an can start games

I would murder my own face for Chantz to get seven sacks as a 2nd team rotational DE.

Of all the spots Mario is upgrading on defense, this is the one that will have the biggest impact. To think we started Flagg and Steed last season, Flagg and Jennings in 2021, McCloud and Jennings in 2020. F_ing Manuela, smh.

Francisco, Wes, Keontra, the Freshmen get us potentially to mid-level in the ACC, after having bottom quartile performance ever since Shaq graduated. Maybe Chase Smith plays a big role here once he is back from injury, too.

That said, we are far from playoff level there. We need at least a Mikel Jones level player form the portal, ideally better. I've always been a fan of Keontra. But we need a plug and play on the outside with a higher floor than him. Besides which, we're constantly injured at LB, so we need more depth.
Flagg is a better linebacker than Keontra Smith based on last year. Sorry to tell yall Flagg haters he will be tough to keep off the field.

Advertisement
Correct but 12 and even 0 personnel are used a lot too. We’ll be running 11 personnel most of the game because that’s what Dawson‘s offense is but it would be stupid not to use 12 personel when our te’s have wr skill sets and the most talented group. Malory and Arroyo in the slot would have been 12 personnel but let’s be real , that’s wide receivers. Same with Skinner and Arroyo. Te’s in this system is not the same as Gattis’s. They’ll be used completely different.

There’s 70-90 plays in a game , do you really think they’re all going to be 11 personnel? This isn’t madden. Showing 12 personnel makes life hard on a defense substituting because you have to decide if it’s going to be a run alignment or pass , then figuring out which personnel you’ll send out. That’s a huge advantage with our 3 te’s.

I mean why wouldn’t you want your best players on the field? I swear this board takes a little comment and freaks out like teenage girls It’s unreal to me.

It’s ptsd from trash coaching.

Hopefully Dawson can provide some healing.

New England road graded the NFL using Gronk and Hernandez because it was such a bind for NFL teams, they could split one or both wide, run a play then lineup with them tight and smash you in the face without a single substitution. Not sure why more coaches dont use it to be honest.
Most coaches dont have hall of fame talent at te lol

Advertisement
All of em.
Bouncing Season 5 GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Robby Washington is playing flanker and getting the ball in numerous ways, including jet sweeps. This is just my personal opinion, but I believe he ultimately ends up as a hugely talented corner.
You think Robby will end up playing cornerback?

Flagg is a better linebacker than Keontra Smith based on last year. Sorry to tell yall Flagg haters he will be tough to keep off the field.
Keontra had an incredibly rough string of games last year. I hope we don’t have to endure something like that again. Depth helps resolve that. I think at that point, we didn’t have anyone with whom to replace Smith, basically. But, I remember screaming that Wesley should have gotten those snaps. Missed tackles galore. Hopefully, the weight drop helps Smith.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You have to understand most of these guys ARE transitioning and ARE undergoing estrogen therapy and their hormone levels ARE all over the place. Those that have been castrated and ARE further along ARE experiencing their first menstrual cycle and ARE freaking out.

Its the only logical explainarion and unfortunately, we all suffer.
Your post is quite offensive… misgendering them as “guys”… 😏

Seven spring practices in and people are already giving up because we run 12 personnel.

I wondee when people start to realize that personnel does not dictate formations and spacing. I can put Skinner or Arroyo inline, slot or out wide and have the Oregon TE be an inline blocker on an RPO.

And theres no problem with running the ball in College Football. Just do it smart like everything else and not like Gattis. Lincoln Riley abused the Counter Trey out of many personnel packages and people in here would get wet thinking about his offenses...
It’s not the formation it’s the dearth of proven talent that has me down.

Advertisement
Back