D$ shares exclusive spring practice insights

View as article
No, I’m just looking for a timeline for when we should expect something more than mediocrity.

But, if we’re just gonna keep blaming the previous staff I’m good with that too.
Just drop your standards, dude. We should be happy if we can luck out a 7-5 season. I mean why shouldn’t it take two years just to get back to the level of the last staff?

Advertisement
I wonder what happens if Mario fails.

I can't imagine that people would be willing to invest into the program anymore.
It wouldn't matter, we are a basketball school now, didn't you get that memo?

text conversation GIF

Possible but where will he go? He will be here at least 2 years and that is only true if TVD is good and the '24 starter. So, I think he is here for at least 3 years.
It’s not Miami’s concern on where he will go. I expect him here for two years.

Advertisement
If Chaney can stay healthy, our offense will be so dangerous. He has that IT factor, but can't stay on the field. Hopefully Fletcher and CJ get some opportunities because those are also two guys who can easily play right away and make an impact.

If Chaney can stay healthy, our offense will be so dangerous. He has that IT factor, but can't stay on the field. Hopefully Fletcher and CJ get some opportunities because those are also two guys who can easily play right away and make an impact.
CJ has Elite FB Speed....I have no doubt he'll break off some Long TDs before all is said and done. Love his on Turf speed.

Are some of these cats really freaking out about a 12 personnel comment? You mean the most common formation in all of CFB and the NFL? Y’all are so weird lol.

It’s been 11 for quite some time now

Hearing that we are running a lot of 2 TE sets is pretty discouraging, but not surprising.
Have a few TE's that can catch the ball so he would be pulling a "Gattis" if he didn't use them. Especially when so far no big outside WR threat has emerged.

Advertisement
I was watching some of the RB drills and I have to say I got a little concerned. Chaney looks a bit slow and overweight, and Parrish actually looks like he’s lost weight and is a little thin IMO. I fully expect Fletcher to push for playing time, and does anyone know the prognosis on Citizen, like when he’ll be back?
Citizen? Should definitely be good to go for 2024 ... anything before that would be a pleasant surprise. Had a very bad injury and the recovery had been extended. Tremendous talent and I really hope he is 100% for 2024 and can reach his potential.

So far sounds like our Canes are tracking to be a solid mid-ish ACC team. Believe it or not, that's improvement. Stabilize strong recruiters, key additions next year and Y3 could be ACCCG run...

Could they catch lightning in a bottle Y2? Sure, but unlikely.
I think that it's a 7-5 to 8-4 team that looks much, much better going into the conclusion of the season. Something more akin to the 1998 or 1999 squad.

It’s been 11 for quite some time now
Correct but 12 and even 0 personnel are used a lot too. We’ll be running 11 personnel most of the game because that’s what Dawson‘s offense is but it would be stupid not to use 12 personel when our te’s have wr skill sets and the most talented group. Malory and Arroyo in the slot would have been 12 personnel but let’s be real , that’s wide receivers. Same with Skinner and Arroyo. Te’s in this system is not the same as Gattis’s. They’ll be used completely different.

There’s 70-90 plays in a game , do you really think they’re all going to be 11 personnel? This isn’t madden. Showing 12 personnel makes life hard on a defense substituting because you have to decide if it’s going to be a run alignment or pass , then figuring out which personnel you’ll send out. That’s a huge advantage with our 3 te’s.

I mean why wouldn’t you want your best players on the field? I swear this board takes a little comment and freaks out like teenage girls It’s unreal to me.

Advertisement
Citizen? Should definitely be good to go for 2024 ... anything before that would be a pleasant surprise. Had a very bad injury and the recovery had been extended. Tremendous talent and I really hope he is 100% for 2024 and can reach his potential.
How bad was his injury? I thought it was the standard (so to speak) knee ligament tear. Was it something more akin to Teddy Bridgewater or Robert Edwards?

No, I’m just looking for a timeline for when we should expect something more than mediocrity.

But, if we’re just gonna keep blaming the previous staff I’m good with that too.

Timeline for me is 7+ this year, 9+ next year, Top 10 thereafter. Most people on here want 9+ this year. I don’t see it without an epic portal haul over the next two to three months.

Correct but 12 and even 0 personnel are used a lot too. We’ll be running 11 personnel most of the game because that’s what Dawson‘s offense is but it would be stupid not to use 12 personel when our te’s have wr skill sets and the most talented group. Malory and Arroyo in the slot would have been 12 personnel but let’s be real , that’s wide receivers. Same with Skinner and Arroyo. Te’s in this system is not the same as Gattis’s. They’ll be used completely different.

There’s 70-90 plays in a game , do you really think they’re all going to be 11 personnel? This isn’t madden. Showing 12 personnel makes life hard on a defense substituting because you have to decide if it’s going to be a run alignment or pass , then figuring out which personnel you’ll send out. That’s a huge advantage with our 3 te’s.

I mean why wouldn’t you want your best players on the field? I swear this board takes a little comment and freaks out like teenage girls It’s unreal to me.

As long as we don’t come out running that in-line+hback 12 predominantly like Gattis did I’m cool with it.

Advertisement
New England road graded the NFL using Gronk and Hernandez because it was such a bind for NFL teams, they could split one or both wide, run a play then lineup with them tight and smash you in the face without a single substitution. Not sure why more coaches dont use it to be honest.

Advertisement
Back