D$ shares exclusive spring practice insights

View as article
Are you saying here that his one year worth a **** and the year he ran most are one in the same? Last year Houston's F+ improved 35 rankings running the ball 5.6 attempts less per game while maintaining nearly identical yards per game and almost a full yard higher per rush.

My mistake if I'm reading your post wrong.

You’re reading it wrong.

Advertisement
Screenshot_20230328_210917_Kiwi Browser.png

So no one watches post practice interviews anymore?? Kelly himself said he’s up to 250, not no 225 like I just read lmao

And Dawson himself said the only reason he didn’t run much 12 at Houston is because he didn’t have the TE’s to do it. He says he caters his offenses to his personnel and he thinks we have a loaded TE room so he wants to use them
Naa TE are useless Mario is making him do it to run the ball 70 times a game up the middle.

Advertisement
I’ve read this ten times and I don’t know what it this means in English but my comment was a joke that any criticism of this staff means you’re a nole
I got your joke, and agree with the general sentiment of the joke. I was just messing with him for being able to agree with someone calling him a nole, even though it was coming from a place of jest.

Sorry, I have a bad habit of speaking like everyone lives in my head and can connect the dots.

Thats the thing, back in the day, a coach could ride an excuse for 3+ years but with the Portal jumpin, those excuses are gone. We had deficiencies at CB and everyone knew, we only got Porter through the portal the first year and he was a dud. This year the young kids have had a year to develop and we added two more Portal additions. The time to show noticeable improvement is NOW.
Nobody of importance is going to pressure Big Manny until Y4 at earliest.

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable until then.

Advertisement
I’ve read this ten times and I don’t know what it this means in English but my comment was a joke that any criticism of this staff means you’re a nole
Es verdad.

If you at anytime, disagree with current* porsting orthodoxy, of course you are a Miami-hating Nole.

I love these opportunities to get to know one another on a deep personal level.

*current could be defined as the porst immediately above any other porst

As it pertains to Dawson, I have a feeling he isnt going to be around that long. Thats not to say his stint here wont be succesfull. I really believe he is here to give Mario a course in modern CFB passing attacks. Like most people, Mario wasnt just going to jump in head first into styles he hasnt run. This is him dipping his toe into the water with a guy he has known for a while that can also revert to a style he is more acquainted with when necessary.
Possible but where will he go? He will be here at least 2 years and that is only true if TVD is good and the '24 starter. So, I think he is here for at least 3 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Seven spring practices in and people are already giving up because we run 12 personnel.

I wondee when people start to realize that personnel does not dictate formations and spacing. I can put Skinner or Arroyo inline, slot or out wide and have the Oregon TE be an inline blocker on an RPO.

And theres no problem with running the ball in College Football. Just do it smart like everything else and not like Gattis. Lincoln Riley abused the Counter Trey out of many personnel packages and people in here would get wet thinking about his offenses...

I was watching some of the RB drills and I have to say I got a little concerned. Chaney looks a bit slow and overweight, and Parrish actually looks like he’s lost weight and is a little thin IMO. I fully expect Fletcher to push for playing time, and does anyone know the prognosis on Citizen, like when he’ll be back?

Maybe.

But we’ve got a TE that is apparently purely a blocking TE.

If you’re running 12 with him, you’ve bunched them box, and put a non-receiving threat on the field.
Who said they have to bunch the formation? You can still have the wr‘s in wide splits with the te inline. Plus he’s not a great receiver but you’re acting like he’s a tackle eligible lol. He can catch just fine and would still need to be respected off a play action on short yardage. There’s nothing wrong with bunch sets especially if you know it’s man and you’re trying to cause natural picks. Last year the issue was we did it most plays. Majority of this offense will have wider splits and the te’s will be used like Lashlee did.

Advertisement
Back