D$'s Top 25 Prospects in Dade/Broward- #25-21

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Over the past two years, I’ve been lucky enough to see Dade and Broward’s best compete on the gridiron, at camps and at 7-on-7s. The list below is my personal opinion, and I don’t speak for Peter, Tito, Cam or Nash. All forty times are verified by SPARQ.

25. Trayone “Chocolate” Gray, ATH, Carol City (6’2, 194, 4.66)- Versatile athlete with a college-ready body. Like former Chief Allen Hurns, the Miami commitment lines up all over the field and takes snaps at quarterback. Gray can play offense but projects as a big safety at the next level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kySAuuCa4U

24. A’lique Terry, C, Hialeah (6’1, 294)- Coach’s son with stout body and very good athleticism. OL MVP of Al Golden camp and the only lineman who could block Travonte Valentine. Also excelled against top competition at Miami NFTC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcv7uKtNFEc

23. Sam Bruce, WR, University, (5’8, 165)- Despite his youth and lack of height, the 2016 star is one of the most confident players in the state. Bruce exploded during the 7-on-7 circuit as a member of the South Florida Express and already holds a Miami offer. He is the nephew of former Dillard star Isaac Bruce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrrdIUQSM-4

22. Nigel Bethel II, CB, Booker T, (5’9, 170, 4.61)- One of the fastest 200M sprinters in the country with a personal best of 21.13. Bethel reminds me of Kelly Jennings in the way he combines straight-line speed with smooth movement skills. Breakout performance in the state title game to go along with four interceptions and 13 pass breakups during the season.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1505838/highlights/30884373

21. Brandon Powell, ATH, Deerfield Beach (5’9, 170, 4.49)- The Tennessee commit is one of the most well-rounded athletes in Florida. Not only is Powell an accomplished runner (1,180 yards, 13 TDs) and receiver (4 TDs), but he also carries a sterling 4.1 GPA. Exceptionally quick player who earned an offer at the Al Golden Camp by competing as a running back, receiver and defensive back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wFVkEena6w

Advertisement
Bruce is going to put up crazy numbers this year with White throwing him the ball.

Good stuff D$, thanks for posting.

Have we offered Terry? If not do you have any reason why we wouldn't?

Advertisement

The staff likes Linder better at C and Terry hasn't been offered.

Correct.

courcy75 put me on to Terry, and every time I've seen him since he has impressed. More athletic than Linder, IMO.

But I understand the Linder offer, both because Linder continues to improve at a fast clip and because of off-field considerations.

Many of the top corners in south Florida have said many times that the best receivers they faced all year in 7-on-7 was Ermon Lane and Sam Bruce. As a 2016 kid that's incredible.

With the explosive and prolific offense of U-School, I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce puts up over twenty five TD's this year.

Advertisement
With the explosive and prolific offense of U-School, I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce puts up over twenty five TD's this year.

25 might be pushing it. They upped their schedule so they won't have it as easy this year. They also have two other good senior receivers in Emmanuel soto & Chris Taylor (Duke commit). When things get tight they will depend on Scarlett to get them through it. Him and Hunt make a good 1-2. I know they did lose some seniors on their line. They are going to give central a better game than most people think.

Correct.

courcy75 put me on to Terry, and every time I've seen him since he has impressed. More athletic than Linder, IMO.

But I understand the Linder offer, both because Linder continues to improve at a fast clip and because of off-field considerations.

appreciate it

Advertisement
Nigel Bethal is not a 4.6 , He is a 4.4 guy. And Sam Bruce is good but ppl praising him because his umcle is Isaac Bruce. I've seen him get taking out his game in press coverage. He is taken out ofhis game vs physical corners. Ppl praising him cause he is the 4th option on the Sf Express filled with top flight receivers, So he is going to get the favorable match up. I've seen kids just as talented as him and get no praise like him. He will benefit from playing with a stud like Sean White, He is talented no doubt , But ppl are blowing him to far up. You will see with the U school schedule He will be tested a lot. So we will see.

Nigel Bethal is not a 4.6 , He is a 4.4 guy. And Sam Bruce is good but ppl praising him because his umcle is Isaac Bruce. I've seen him get taking out his game in press coverage. He is taken out ofhis game vs physical corners. Ppl praising him cause he is the 4th option on the Sf Express filled with top flight receivers, So he is going to get the favorable match up. I've seen kids just as talented as him and get no praise like him. He will benefit from playing with a stud like Sean White, He is talented no doubt , But ppl are blowing him to far up. You will see with the U school schedule He will be tested a lot. So we will see.

I agree that Bethel is faster than a 4.6. However, that is what he ran at the SPARQ combine so it's the fairest way to compare him to everyone else's SPARQ numbers.

As for Bruce, he does need to get better against the press, which is not uncommon for young receivers. But he did impress me with the way he outquicked a very aggressive Chris Lammons at the line at camp (I believe it was the Miami NFTC). Lammons was bullying everyone until he faced Bruce.

Advertisement
D, at the end of season you should do an updated version as well. I believe Pete did this last year as well. Would be interesting to see who moved up and etc. I think Gray is going move up a good bit as the season goes on.

Correct.

What do you mean by off the field considerations?

Linder is a legacy and close friend of KC McDermott.

That's not a reason to offer him, but it could be a tie-breaker if everything else is equal.

Linder is a legacy and close friend of KC McDermott.

That's not a reason to offer him, but it could be a tie-breaker if everything else is equal.

The irony of this post regarding this recruiting class lol. I do agree with you though, I wonder if we will offer Diaz or terry in jan/feb if we strike out on a big time interior lineman prospect

Advertisement
Back