D$'s Post-Season Top Prospects in Dade/Broward: 10-6

View as article
Advertisement
There's a long thread from before the season where we go back and forth splitting hairs on whether Lane was a top player or "super elite" (what I'd consider one of the top 3 players, if not the top, in South Florida). Are you knocking him down to this area because of his lackluster senior season or do you see him a notch below as a prospect? If you see him a notch below as a prospect, I'd be curious to hear why. You've watched him as much as anyone.

Other guys just jumped head of him. Two of the Top 5 weren't playing football down here last year, and Sean White continues his ascent. It's just a crazy year in Dade/Broward. There are potential superstars everywhere.

Lane's performance at the Under Armour really impressed me and confirmed to me that he is still one of the elite receivers in the country.

I don't know what to make of Lane. All of the physical traits seem to be there, but nothing really jumps out on the field. What I mean by that is he ran a 4.52 electronic which is very fast especially at his size, but that speed doesn't really jump out during the game. I think his best attributes are how he high points the ball and extends. He's a very natural catcher of the ball and I think he'll be good in college, but something just seems to be missing. He also looks frail for his listed weight of 192.

Advertisement
Back