D$, Pete; Question on Jeff James

#26-MEAST

Junior
I'm curious to know what you saw in him during practice. Does his ability make him a contributor moving forward? How did he look athletically compared to our current dbs?

Advertisement
I'm curious as well. I know he's raw but really liked his athleticism in his recruiting highlights. It sounded like he had some character/attitude issues as well from what I remember, but hopefully that hasn't been a problem while he's been at Miami?

He didn't look out of place but he wasn't spectacular, which is fine for a freshman with limited football experience.

I think he might be best as a nickel corner although he has good ball skills at safety.

Had great high school film I hope it translates. Like D$ said though.. very limited football experience.. the learning curve will be a big one. I'd expect it to be another year or 2. It's in his blood just hope it clicks and he stays out of trouble

Who do you think the better prospect coming out of high school was/is:

James or Lawrence Coleman

Advertisement
Had great high school film I hope it translates. Like D$ said though.. very limited football experience.. the learning curve will be a big one. I'd expect it to be another year or 2. It's in his blood just hope it clicks and he stays out of trouble

he has potential to be good, but "great" is a stretch at defensive back from his film. he looks like a good open-field runner once he has the ball in his hands, but the interceptions on his tape were terrible passes.

he has potential to be good, but "great" is a stretch at defensive back from his film. he looks like a good open-field runner once he has the ball in his hands, but the interceptions on his tape were terrible passes.

If you really watched his film at safety. All of his plays were made coming downhill which means he never was chasing a play down. He was always in the best position to make a play. You're crazy.

If you really watched his film at safety. All of his plays were made coming downhill which means he never was chasing a play down. He was always in the best position to make a play. You're crazy.

it's easy to be in that position when the quarterbacks are throwing ducks at you. i like the kid because he looks like a solid athlete that is very raw and could develop with some coaching, but the only "great" part of his tape is when the ball is already in his hands. he's here because of his last name more than anything.

Last edited:
He looks plenty athletic.

If he's raw then its better to play him at corner. There's less thinking at corner.

Advertisement

it's easy to be in that position when the quarterbacks are throwing ducks at you. i like the kid because he looks like a solid athlete that is very raw and could develop with some coaching, but the only "great" part of his tape is when the ball is already in his hands. he's here because of his last name more than anything.

He's early to his zones in coverage. Which gives him a better snapshot of the field. Has instincts and I think he put little Irvin out of practice this year.

Yall kill me with this sht smh...

Yall kill me with this sht smh...

He was 8 A all state because of his last name too. Smh

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but his tape was dope.

You need a little more than pure athleticism to play safety, and he's new to the game, so he needs to learn the position. Cautiously optimistic.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back