D-line recruiting

i might shoot the next poster of a dline thread, if your a canes fan you know the roster up and down. dont need a daily reminder

There are plenty of threads on this forum. If there are thread topics that do not interest you, might I suggest that you simply not click on them. I'd hate to see a good Canes fan end up going Aaronthal Hernandez.

Or the board could be cleaned up by the mods?

Beating a dead horse clutters the board, fires people up and leads to attacking coaches, players and recruits which can't possibly be a positive.

Or, as you may see; We have a free flow of information approach to this site. You will see information and discussion on topics that members of this site want to discuss. If one topic seems over-represented on page 1, perhaps its because that's what a significant number of posters want to discuss.

Again, If anyone doesnt want to discuss a specific subject, simply click only on the threads related to subjects you want to discuss. Or perhaps start a thread if that subject isnt currently being discussed.

Advertisement
Don't underestimate the Don. Just give it a little time. I'm willing to bet the farm that he digs up some quality JC, or 5th year Grad student-transfer NEXT SPRING/SUMMER to play in 2014, just as he did this year.

Al isn't sittin' around like some of us comiserating the situation. He's taking action. Keep the faith!

What on Earth is making you optimistic?

Don't underestimate the Don. Just give it a little time. I'm willing to bet the farm that he digs up some quality JC, or 5th year Grad student-transfer NEXT SPRING/SUMMER to play in 2014, just as he did this year.

Al isn't sittin' around like some of us comiserating the situation. He's taking action. Keep the faith!

Because Al mother ******* Golden is the HC. If Al Goldenberg were the HC you would be more optimistic. Am I right?

Mr. Golden's proven track record here this year. Or is this your first day visiting this Board?

By the end of his senior year grimble dropped, he wasnt a 5 star

This. Only scout left his ranking the same and their rankings are a joke. Grimble feel 200+ spots in every other sites rankings during his senior year. USC was happy we took him off their hands.

Advertisement
We are renting Dline players and mid majors like UVA is starting to stock pile Killer DT's. They just got a commit from the nations #1 DT Andrew Brown to almost certainly add Derrick Ndadi who is a strong UVA lean. This dline class plus the 2013 dline class and oh main is UM's future oline going to get a workout.

**** Jethro is being out recruited by UVA for dlinemen. This is getting shameful.

Um Andrew Brown is a local talent for UVA and they got all the 5 star guys from Virginia the last 2 years

And we have lost all of ours top recruits, a very telling theme considering it is harder to get into UVA then UM. Keep in mind i am just referring to Dline recruiting. Jethro really needs to step it up this triage Juco and last minute recruiting will hurt the program long term

Here we go... Paranos is going to give us his "expert" opinion on D-line recruiting? Let's keep in mind Forston was the #1 DT in the nation he did exactly jack **** while at Miami. How about we all wait and see what the talent Golden has brought in over the past couple years does this season on the field before passing judgement? Olsen Pierre was supposedly a nobody and yet he's going to be the best DT on the roster this season IF Porter doesn't get injured and decides to finally produce.
Not every #1 player is a bust. Timmy Jernigan was the #1 DT in 2011 and is one of the best DT's in CF. Clowney #1 DE and the best player in CF. Just saying.

Mr. Golden's proven track record here this year. Or is this your first day visiting this Board?

You mean Golden's proven record of recruiting every position except DT?

It's year 3 and our DT situation is ****. We shouldn't have to be digging up JC or 5th year transfer players.

I don't know why this is difficult for you people to understand, but Golden is not perfect. Does he recruit well? Overall, yeah, he's been doing a pretty good job, but we have not been recruiting DT well at all.

It's year 3 and our DT situation is ****. We shouldn't have to be digging up JC or 5th year transfer players.

I don't know why this is difficult for you people to understand, but Golden is not perfect. Does he recruit well? Overall, yeah, he's been doing a pretty good job, but we have not been recruiting DT well at all.

And I don't understand what it is with you people. You're basing your BS off of last years production when the d-line consisted of true Sophomores and Freshmen. How about waiting to see what the d-line looks like this season before calling the current players scrubs?

Yes, that is what youre doing...

2024 starting dline -

LE - Charlie Pickle
DT - Dafetus Jones
DT - Lafetus Jones (the twins)
RE - Javon Nanton the 3rd

you heard it here first folks. thats when our DL will finally get better. I gotta get back to the delorian.

Advertisement

And I don't understand what it is with you people. You're basing your BS off of last years production when the d-line consisted of true Sophomores and Freshmen. How about waiting to see what the d-line looks like this season before calling the current players scrubs?

Actually, I didn't mention anything about production in my post. That was all you.

Simply put, Golden and co have struck out on almost every single major DT talent in Florida. Thus, we're stuck recruiting no-names like we have been. Last year after we lost Keef, it was, "Don't worry guys! We'll get Bostwick and some Juco DT, so we'll be fine!!" Obviously that never happened. So after we lost them, it was, "Don't worry guys! We'll get Clark and Moten next year, we'll be fine!!" Obviously that didn't happen. Do you see a pattern? I sure as **** do.

DL recruiting has been atrocious. Not sure what the disconnect is regarding this position; however if we WIN, they will come. Getting past the NCAA and producing a winning/competitive team will renew interest from some of these kids. We still have 7 months to recruit and get them interested.

Actually, I didn't mention anything about production in my post. That was all you.

Simply put, Golden and co have struck out on almost every single major DT talent in Florida. Thus, we're stuck recruiting no-names like we have been. Last year after we lost Keef, it was, "Don't worry guys! We'll get Bostwick and some Juco DT, so we'll be fine!!" Obviously that never happened. So after we lost them, it was, "Don't worry guys! We'll get Clark and Moten next year, we'll be fine!!" Obviously that didn't happen. Do you see a pattern? I sure as **** do.

Pretty sure it's understood that people griping about the D-line is due to production from last season. The D-line sucked so the village idiots claim we don't have any good talent on the D-line. Your pattern conveniently left out the DT class of Ivery, Moore, and Briscoe? Briscoe didn't pan out but those things happen. How do you know King, Ivery and Moore don't become beasts? Is it because they didn't produce as true freshmen?

I have a feeling the D-line is going to be a lot better than some of you think. Porter and Pierre could be an excellent first string. Robinson just might finally be what we have all expected him to be. Maybe Ivery or King takes that next step? So like I've said, let's wait and see what we have because nobody really knows and this chicken little BS is for *******.

Advertisement
I'm more angry about us missing out on elite, local DT's. Apparently that's not a problem though. Good to know!

I'm more angry about us missing out on elite, local DT's. Apparently that's not a problem though. Good to know!

Angry? Because a HS football player didn't pick the Canes you're angry? Why should the elite DT's pick Miami? What the **** has Miami done on the football field in 8 years? You do know the NCAA has been investigating Miami while Golden has been at Miami right? You do also know that elite DT's don't grow on trees and that all of the elite programs that have actually won something are coming at these kids hard right? I think when you consider all of those variables that Golden has done a great job getting players to do the job.

Also, how do you know that King, Moore, Ivery, or Pierre won't end up being elite? They were all true Sophomores and Freshmen last year? Sounds like you're getting angry prematurely. Man the **** up!

Forget about Elite DT's its about coaching and development BAMA is killing people with no name NTs who came to bama with no stars then of course were bumped up to 3* star status.

They know their role and play it well, saban looks for naturally strong hungry big bodied kids like Brandon Ivory ( memphis, TN), Darron Lake (york, AL), and Wilson Love ( Mountain Brook, AL) who are Sophs or R-Fresh yet they played at a championship level for bama in 2012 mind you after being in Bama's S&C program for 1 yr only. Thus proving on the field success is about evaultion and coaching the talent.

Jethro is not cutting it, Rumph is working with Freshman and Sophs an getting completely different results, D. lake is still learning to play the game he only played 3 yrs in HS and thats it, 3 yrs of Alabama countryside football is his total experience yet he was in the three deep rotation for Bama.

Darren Lake talks about what it takes to play NT( this what we need at UM)
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/01/darren_lake_on_the_role_of_the.html

Also this is how a quality Dline coach develops talent
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/04/watch_assistant_coach_chris_ru.html

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm not so hung up on the recruiting or talent exactly, it's the absence of players' progress that gets me. They were freshman and sophomores but did anyone get better as the season continued? Pierre did and that's about it. All I want to see is better coaching right now.

I'm not so hung up on the recruiting or talent exactly, it's the absence of players' progress that gets me. They were freshman and sophomores but did anyone get better as the season continued? Pierre did and that's about it. All I want to see is better coaching right now.

It takes longer for interior DLineman especially to come into their own early in their career opposed to skill positions. Breaking down towards the end of the season would be more understandable than progressing. Duke even ran into that wall but just like the young DLineman, another year to mature and prepare will have him better suited for the season. I think our D will be much better and the line play will begin to trend upward. Then, we will start getting those big fish(Elite DTs) that everyone is dying for.

i might shoot the next poster of a dline thread, if your a canes fan you know the roster up and down. dont need a daily reminder

There are plenty of threads on this forum. If there are thread topics that do not interest you, might I suggest that you simply not click on them. I'd hate to see a good Canes fan end up going Aaronthal Hernandez.

Beating a dead horse clutters the board, fires people up and leads to attacking coaches, players and recruits which can't possibly be a positive.

Or, as you may see; We have a free flow of information approach to this site. You will see information and discussion on topics that members of this site want to discuss. If one topic seems over-represented on page 1, perhaps its because that's what a significant number of posters want to discuss.

Again, If anyone doesnt want to discuss a specific subject, simply click only on the threads related to subjects you want to discuss. Or perhaps start a thread if that subject isnt currently being discussed.

This is the pretty much the only thread about DL recruiting, excluding specific players, on page 1.

This is the pretty much the only thread about DL recruiting, excluding specific players, on page 1.

these threads pop up weekly

Advertisement
Back