D-line recruiting

Don't underestimate the Don. Just give it a little time. I'm willing to bet the farm that he digs up some quality JC, or 5th year Grad student-transfer NEXT SPRING/SUMMER to play in 2014, just as he did this year.

Al isn't sittin' around like some of us comiserating the situation. He's taking action. Keep the faith!

What on Earth is making you optimistic?

Actually, there's some support for this historically. I've seen situations where areas of weakness transformed within a year to areas of strength. Sometimes it's a matter of younger players developing, sometimes injection of new talent such as a juco transfer, or both.

Advertisement
2024 starting dline -

LE - Charlie Pickle
DT - Dafetus Jones
DT - Lafetus Jones (the twins)
RE - Javon Nanton the 3rd

you heard it here first folks. thats when our DL will finally get better. I gotta get back to the delorian.

Pickle's the truth! I've been saying that since I watched him as a HS sophomore in 2019.

I'm not so hung up on the recruiting or talent exactly, it's the absence of players' progress that gets me. They were freshman and sophomores but did anyone get better as the season continued? Pierre did and that's about it. All I want to see is better coaching right now.

Chick got worse.

Hopefully it was just a soph slump.

I feel like he bulked up too quickly and lost the little burst he had.

Don't worry guys, it's totally normal that a local DT recruit likes Rutgers more than us. No concern at all.

Advertisement
Don't worry guys, it's totally normal to expect that every player in South Florida wants to go to Miami.

Should I expect the majority of DT recruits, that are local, that know they can get quick playing at our school because we ain't got **** there, to want to come here, or is that completely unrealistic?

Or we can just keep on giving excuses, much like our beloved coach, even though his famous motto is "no excuses".

I'm not so hung up on the recruiting or talent exactly, it's the absence of players' progress that gets me. They were freshman and sophomores but did anyone get better as the season continued? Pierre did and that's about it. All I want to see is better coaching right now.

Chick got worse.

Hopefully it was just a soph slump.

I feel like he bulked up too quickly and lost the little burst he had.

He really didn't get worse... He just didn't improved... I seen Chick get about 2sacks his freshman year where plays broke down in the backfield which was created by someone else but his motor allowed him to make plays... He never had any moves... I'm not a dline expert but it used to look like he cheated when he lined up on the line... It's like he used to line up at an angle hoping to get an advantage on the linemen... I could be wrong but I recall KSU 2011... He was boxed in on several plays coming at a predictable angle... On one play they boxed him and Spence in for a long run...

Don't worry guys, it's totally normal to expect that every player in South Florida wants to go to Miami.

"Every?"

Let's start with one.

I'm not a doom & gloomer. I think Golden is gonna get this thing turned around, but the DT recruiting has been abysmal. Golden himself said he was disappointed with the DT recruiting last NSD. It needs to be corrected quickly, or our defense will continually struggle.

We've got offers out to eleventy billion DTs, so hopefully we can bring in at least 4 this cycle.

Advertisement
Ain't worried.

Hear we're going to a 1-8-2 Defense.

We'll only need one DT.

You might want to go look at our LB depth before making the switch.

One DT at nose, three more off the line either left heavy or right heavy, depending on how the offense lines up. When the QB checks off, they flip sides. It's like Russian Roulette. But this way, you get killed quickly.

I actually reached around and pulled this out of my a . . nether region.

3.gif

Advertisement
Back