D.J. Scaife.........

Advertisement
Many moons ago in high school , was being trained by Steve Alvers a Cane TE whom played 5years in NFL Bills and Giants as TE / long snapper.
He did anything to stay in the NFL for 5 years to qualify for NFL pension.

I asked him constantly what was it like playing in the NFL .
1st Speed is unbelievable till your in the mist of it in practice and even faster in games is scary if you aren’t ready to raise your game to levels you never experienced.
2nd brute power of the hitting stunningly beyond comparison to get hit by a scout team 180 pound DB that your not even sure what is was and where it came from and your almost knocked out trying to not act like it trotting back to huddle stunned.

I asked him to explain: what is there to compare it to NOTHING.

Imagine the beast in the interior DL and OL SHOCKING

DJ probably ran into this exact description

GOCANES

The years of poor players have made them all run into one - but Scaife was the bloke with a reasonably athletic OG's body that wanted to play OT, right?

Does not bode well, but it doesn't have to be the end. He's got to get stronger and work on his craft. Maybe XFL or USFL is the best spot for him right now.

Advertisement
The Dolphins handling of the OL, in all capacities, coaching, drafting, signing FAs has been such a joke
Absolutely. First they keep the OL coach who produced the worst line in Dolphin history as an asst when they brought in Applebaum. Then they fire Applebaum, still keep Jeanpierre but then hire a guy who’s failed at his last few head OL jobs and has mostly only been an asst OL coach in the NFL. Oh and let’s not forget he got run out of Denver for putting notes on lockers bc he lacks all people skills.

As bad as that is - trading up for Eichenberg when they had a significant need for center and Creed Humphrey sitting there was just the cherry on top of poor OL management. Williams has worked out well at C but imagine him with creed and armstead on one side.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nothing like some of the CIS porsters ****ting on our kids.
Mmmmmmm
AE6805B6-E942-447A-A6BA-22AFC869EB8B.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nothing like some of the CIS porsters ****ting on our kids.
Lot of ***** making themselves known in this thread. I could maybe understand someone that **** on this U and didn’t contribute, but why hate on a young man like Scaife that never did anything wrong? Dude had limitations, but I can’t remember him ever stepping out of line or not trying. Good luck to the young man and I hope he succeeds at whatever comes next.

Yes sir. Said in the heat of passion. Not proud of it either. The difference is I don't revel in the fact the kid is struggling and if the kid transfers or graduates I am going to wish him the best. How about you *******?

Sorry you feel the need to call me a name because you got a called on your hypocrisy.

We all make porsts that don’t age well, maybe try not to act so much holier than thou.

When I see his name the first thing that pops into my mind is the Musical Chairs he was the poster boy for- the staff didn't do themselves or him, any favors when the bounced him from position to position. Had he had those years to focus on one position one one side of the line, he may have developed more.

Advertisement
Scaife has the body of a center and the skill set of a finesse left tackle. He’s not nearly strong enough to play on the inside and nobody in the NFL wants a 6’2” tackle. He was far from our worst player while here. Not sure why “fans” need to bury him.

tHE DOLPHINS CLEARED THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE BRINGING IN SOME VET OL...SIGNED WYNN FROM THE PATS THE SAME DAY.

NOT MUCH IN REFERENCE TO HIS PLAY CONSIDERING THEY WERE ONLY IN SHIRTS N SHORTS SO FAR.

Advertisement
Back