D.J. Johnson explains why he never wavered in commitment

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2017 Miami signee D.J. Johnson is coming to Coral Gables all the way from Sacramento, California. He explained why his commitment to Miami was always solid.

[TWEET]842390552293330944[/TWEET]

Advertisement
Pete,

As a reminder, how fast is DJ running the 100 meters in his high school track meets?

Thanks.

Pete, Do we start looking at DJ as a possible situational TE or a piece of another offensive package? This kid is an athlete.

Pete, as the spokesperson for most posters on this site, I would like to formally request that all interviews include gathering a recruits position on the following:

1) color of sock/cleat preference

2) pants above/below the knees preference

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm just hoping this turns into another awesome track thread.

If it does, it won't be because of me. I'm just here to talk about Pete's podcast which was quite good. If you haven't yet, give it a listen. Love that DJ wanted a Miami offer and picked up the phone when he didn't get one. That's a ton of confidence for a guy his age.

TRACK!
Sorry, couldn't help myself.

If it does, it won't be because of me. I'm just here to talk about Pete's podcast which was quite good. If you haven't yet, give it a listen. Love that DJ wanted a Miami offer and picked up the phone when he didn't get one. That's a ton of confidence for a guy his age.

TRACK!

True. It also makes me wonder why we didn't contact him first. There might be more interest out there from top players that don't pick up the phone and call. We should call them all and guage their interest. You never know who might jump at a UM offer, like DJ did.

TRACK!

True. It also makes me wonder why we didn't contact him first. There might be more interest out there from top players that don't pick up the phone and call. We should call them all and guage their interest. You never know who might jump at a UM offer, like DJ did.

I assume that due to limited time the staff focuses on SFLA and specific dudes they know are interested. The standard argument is some silliness about never leaving the state of Miami, but I think it's more about logistics.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Crazy part is this kid plays raw. He has some pretty simple fixes especially working with Coach Kul.

We ain't seen nothin yet.

If for no other reason than how he handled his recruitment I hope DJ rips the arm physically off of an FSU QB while wearing that U on his helmet.

I also hope he beats that QB unconscious with his own arm.

Advertisement
Back