D.J. Ivey recaps official visit, feels confident in DB class

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
A common theme from this weekend’s official visit chatter is just how tightly knit this group of commitments is. Cornerback commit D.J. Ivey caught up with CanesInSight following his trip to Coral Gables and shared those same sentiments.

Ivey has been to campus countless times for unofficial visits, but this was a unique experience for him.

“I‎t was different because of the surroundings and the people there. I was with the commits, but it really felt like we were brothers who have known each other for our whole life.”

Ivey, born and raised in Florida City, explained how this visit opened his eyes about the city of Miami.

“I was able to go to places I hadn’t been and see things I hadn’t seen before. I‎t made me realize there’s a lot more out there than what I know about Miami,” he said.

With Josh Jobe’s decommitment yesterday, Ivey remains confident in Miami’s class of DB recruits.

“We have a good, solid group of defensive backs committed. I know we might add a couple more, but I really feel comfortable with the guys we have already too,” Ivey said.

Ivey enrolls at Miami in January and he sounds ready to go.

“I‎t feels like it’s getting more and more real,” he said. “I’m in an excited mindset to be there.”

Last edited:
Advertisement

I agree man. I feel like we can put him on anybody in man coverage & that's that. The versatility in this class is something else. Each one of them has their own unique skill set. Our coaches should be able to do anything they want with the secondary. These guys should allow us to roll out any package or plays we want. Man, zone, 4-2-5, nickel, dime, cover 2, safety/CB blitzes, etc. Such a relief.

Advertisement
Bail technique... zone corner at this point. I'm a man to man guy and I'm noit sure about his man to man skill at nthis point. Will be good in the red zonen because of the short area and his length but his lack of man to man skills concern me at this point

Freshman DB's :
Ivevy
Gurvan
AL Blades
Frierson

New additions :
Campbell
Surtain
Asante

Cant wait to see them on the field [emoji1487]

Pete, will Richt use that in Home on Jobe this week before Wednesday, or has that ship sailed? Also, is this the work or is it still coming?

Advertisement
I've been very high on this guy every since his very impressive showing against Jeff Thomas in the Sam Madison tournament. He was the only corner at the event that was able to hold his own against Jeff.

This db class is ***** insane!!!

Bail technique... zone corner at this point. I'm a man to man guy and I'm noit sure about his man to man skill at nthis point. Will be good in the red zonen because of the short area and his length but his lack of man to man skills concern me at this point

At this point

This guy also belongs in the Ambassador’s Circle - kid has been a solid commit for eons, doesn’t care for the camp circuit and quietly gets the job done on the field.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Mike rumph says hi!!

Pete, will Richt use that in Home on Jobe this week before Wednesday, or has that ship sailed? Also, is this the work or is it still coming?

He gone, good riddance to him.

Latest I heard this morning is that Miami actually isn’t giving up yet. But I know you guys don’t want to hear that.

Pete, we just have Jobe fatigue. We have a stellar class without him. Do you think the ship has sailed on Asante? He seems all F$U right now.

Latest I heard this morning is that Miami actually isn’t giving up yet. But I know you guys don’t want to hear that.

Please no.

Asante!!!

They were going to go after Asante regardless if Jobe came or not

Pete, we just have Jobe fatigue. We have a stellar class without him. Do you think the ship has sailed on Asante? He seems all F$U right now.

Hasn’t sailed at all

Advertisement
Back