D.J. Dallas

Advertisement
He should move to DB. The one cat that's coming in next year I know for a fact is going to start over DJ at the wr position.

Most teams use 2-3 backs ....with the loss of Walton I'd install a few packages for Dallas...dont need to pound Homer until the wheels fall off...something like 60% Homer....30% Gray....10% Dallas....gonna need him at full strength vs VT and ND...

I agree with this. Burns is a total stud but lets give him a year off to get fully healthy.

brendan_fraser_laugh.gif

Most teams use 2-3 backs ....with the loss of Walton I'd install a few packages for Dallas...dont need to pound Homer until the wheels fall off...something like 60% Homer....30% Gray....10% Dallas....gonna need him at full strength vs VT and ND...

Gray had 2 carries last week. Looks like they are riding Homer and Rosier for runs. I'd be surprised if the 3rd string running back gets any burn until we have a game with garbage time, which is looking doubtful this year.

I'm all for young freshmen playing BUT for parents to be demanding that their kids play is crazy to me... This kid has every opportunity to play BUT he has to prove it at practice first!! If DJ isn't getting the PT is just saying that he's not performing better than other players getting more PT then him and HE'S A FRESHMAN so he has time to improve and get better... I'm a father that has kids that play sports and of course I want to start and get PT, BUT if their are kids better then them it is what it is, they just have to wait their time and improve and get better..

Advertisement
Um he's played 5 games so far.

The ideal situation is kids have to wait in line a couple years, work hard, get better, and then ball out once it's their turn.

The bowl game last year showed just how much the extra practice allows for Freshman to be integrated into game planning. I would not be shocked at all if Dallas, DJ Johnson, Ford, and Garvin get more burn as the season progresses.

Excellent point.

i absolutely love the idea of him playing rb on this team, if he can put on alittle muscle with the size he already has and the ball skills he has to be able to catch out of the backfield, has good speed and the moves to make people miss, if he can learn to read blocks and run between the tackles CMR may be onto something here, wouldnt be surprised to see him 2nd on the depth cart later in the season.

Can't believe he didn't get more reps at WR when Harley, Cager, and Mulliins have been disappointing. (so far)

how has mullins disappointed? he made a nice sideline catch on the 1st half td drive when rosier got a bad snap and ran to his right. he was also in on the last drive making good blocks.

How many drop passes does he have for the year though? He’s been kinda disappointing.

Advertisement
I think we'll crush Cuse and Deejay will get 5 carries. The guy is a RB. Short and heavy. He'll be a good reserve back here and if asked to be the bell cow he'll deliver.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back