D$, Drew, Lu, Pete

UMFarArcher

All-ACC
OK. Water under the bridge, and we sure enough took another hit today.

Some of us love our Canes but don't have our fingers on the pulse of the team like you guys do.

1. Knowing our other players and their skill levels, how much of a hit does this do to our season overall, IN YOUR OPINION?

2. Knowing our coaches and how they've been pushing everyone, and knowing that for the first time in years we'll be able to make adjustments during a game, how fast do you think these young men can step in to stop the bleeding?

3. Knowing who we have, who we have committed, and those recruits still out there on the fence - how do you see this affecting our chances with a few top recruits that may still flip or commit to UM?

Advertisement
I recently listened to a **** Rutan* talk about pilot's decision making. He talked about thinking ahead to "what can happen in the next five minutes."
From what I've read on this board Rich's staff has not formed their defense around the two players just dismissed.

The players, on the other hand, weren't thinking that far into their future.

*holds record for around the world unrefueled flight

OK. Water under the bridge, and we sure enough took another hit today.

Some of us love our Canes but don't have our fingers on the pulse of the team like you guys do.

1. Knowing our other players and their skill levels, how much of a hit does this do to our season overall, IN YOUR OPINION?

2. Knowing our coaches and how they've been pushing everyone, and knowing that for the first time in years we'll be able to make adjustments during a game, how fast do you think these young men can step in to stop the bleeding?

3. Knowing who we have, who we have committed, and those recruits still out there on the fence - how do you see this affecting our chances with a few top recruits that may still flip or commit to UM?

Same question for [MENTION=4597]Paranos[/MENTION]

I went back and listened again to Richt's and Diaz's post practice interviews, and while the decision was out of the coaches hands, I now see some of their comments suggest they anticipated the worst, and have been getting our backups lots of reps - stressing again and again that "things can change fast" and how the younger players need to prepare to play.

I'm just curious on how our admin team analyzes this most recent event.

Advertisement
Without seeing this staff coach a game and without seeing our freshman (highly thought of) linebackers play in a game it is very difficult to say how badly this hurts us. I think we will be fine at DE sparing injuries. Linebacker was a concern before the beginning of the season. Grace brought experience but he wasn't a guy that would was going to have a monster season and work his way into the 1st round. Lu, Pete and Danny know this these players better than I do. I would like to hear their thoughts.

Remember how the old staff was......guys had there best years as freshman and failed to getbetter they got worse. This staff i expect ballers to become ballers as soon as they play and progres from there.

Advertisement
Great questions. The early reaction has been full-on panic, but I'm curious to see how it will play out.

this defense wont be that good.
3 of the better players on that defense just left. Then guys that were logging 1st team snaps all camp are gone with limited time.
You do realize if another lb or 2 drop we will have walk on guys out there....

AQM is probably our best dl. Juwan Young was a starting caliber linebacker...YALL trippin....

I dont know what to say....alot of peeps are good until after that first snap and yous ee sh*t get real....

3 -4 freshman backers logging time??...and yall "GOOD"?. I didnt even get into depth guys like Gayot, james King that left either.

This defense wasnt that good last year...

Advertisement
You roll with what you have and you make no ******* excuses! Tell the young guys, you're time is now, we need you and learn your ******* playbook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Demetrius Jackson, Joseph jackson can help shore up the dline. No idea how to fix the clusterphuck at LB.

I will say this and with certainty: thank the lord for coach Diaz and Coach K. Imagine Dorito's response to this? Something like "let's all line up 30 yards deep and hold hands."

FSU game which is the only game I really wanted to win this year just got a lot tougher

I recently listened to a **** Rutan* talk about pilot's decision making. He talked about thinking ahead to "what can happen in the next five minutes."
From what I've read on this board Rich's staff has not formed their defense around the two players just dismissed.

The players, on the other hand, weren't thinking that far into their future.

*holds record for around the world unrefueled flight

Dang Chuckles, never knew you were such an aviation enthuiast; His brother Burt was such a pioneer with the Vari Eze, Long Eze and Defiant. Check out a Eurofighter Typhoon's canards and give a toast to Burt.

Staying with the aviation theme: In this case, CMR is going to have to do some really good CRM!

*Crew Resource Management

Demetrious Jackson will have to earn his keep this year. I believe he will surprise us at his position .

Advertisement
Back