D.Cook-Jacques Patrick-Jordan Scarlett?

Scarlett has about as much chance of becoming a Cane as Cook. LOL! Elite RBs all over S Fl, and Folden lands 2nd rate Yearby and calls it a day.

Do not disrespect Joe Yearby

Sorry to tell you but we get second choice, look like a slower version of Cooper with a better balance. Cook was in a class apart along with Sony and Collins. Thanks Folden! You mother ****er.

Yearby started over Cook because he had qualities Cook didn't have Yearby is a better back and we will see that when he gets the full load next year.

Advertisement
Scarlett has about as much chance of becoming a Cane as Cook. LOL! Elite RBs all over S Fl, and Folden lands 2nd rate Yearby and calls it a day.

I never have understood all the jawing about Cook. He is great but was never committed to Miami. Yearby was FSU commit who flipped to Miami. Cook flipped from Clemson I think, to UF then Jimbo raped gator for Cook and his boyfriend. We were never in it for Cook. You might prefer Cook's speed but Joe is more like Duke, But neither of them are Duke. The RB that it really hurt losing was Collins. We got nobody that year and the kid might be better than any on last years backs.

Fwiw, Hurlie and Ice were front and center for Scarlett at the game tonight. Keeping the FSU wolves away.

Yearby is still a freshman, and has great potential. But to be critical, I am not blown away by his overall play so far. Cook has been a difference maker for FSU and has come up huge in big games. We needed Yearby to have a great game against FSU and he didn't. If Cook played like Yearby and Yearby played like Cook, we win that game, and we might be 9-3 right now and in position to lock up a strong recruiting class.

On the bright side, if we get a new coach, it was worth it.

I think a good OC, will be able to make Yearby play elite by getting him open in space.

Advertisement
Yearby is a beast. Point blank period. Let it go man.

Not a coach in the country who would take Yearby over Cook in college. There i a reason Cook won player of year in Florida. Lets just hope Scarlett sticks. Based on what I heard, only way he stays as a Cane is if Frazier signs with FSU. If not, word is FSU for Scarlett.

Not a coach in the country who would take Yearby over Cook in college. There i a reason Cook won player of year in Florida. Lets just hope Scarlett sticks. Based on what I heard, only way he stays as a Cane is if Frazier signs with FSU. If not, word is FSU for Scarlett.

That is not definite though.... While cook is good, yearby is also a baller too.... Regardless if we sign our class of backs our rbs will be >>>> than fsu's running backs without a question...

Cook and Yearby are both studs.

Cook has the higher ceiling yes. But both will have good careers.

Yearby was not 2nd rate at all so that's crap and trying to throw **** against the wall.

Yearby was elite coming out as well.

Cook exploded more during his senior year similar to Scarlett this year.

Yearby historically is one of Dade county's greatest backs just like Cook and Duke and McGahee and Gore and Bobby and the list goes on.

Advertisement

We will see what plays out, the whole Frazier and Scarlett thing is fluff. FSU is after Scarlett regardless. They are not stupid.

Cook and Yearby are both studs.

Cook has the higher ceiling yes. But both will have good careers.

Yearby was not 2nd rate at all so that's crap and trying to throw **** against the wall.

Yearby was elite coming out as well.

Cook exploded more during his senior year similar to Scarlett this year.

Yearby historically is one of Dade county's greatest backs just like Cook and Duke and McGahee and Gore and Bobby and the list goes on.
Yearby has better vision and lateral agility, but he lacks strength and power and breakaway speed. Also doesn't have a thick base and injuries could be a problem. Hasn't much in the way of pass-blocking but could develop. Cook has bigger upside. FSU got the better back.

yep, everyone getting a little excited because Al's doing his "I'm a phucking loser who kills in recruiting every first week in December because Im home while the big boys play real games.." wait till the big boys show up next week and after the playoffs and Al gets his **** pushed, wash, rinse, repeat

Advertisement
Yearby will give defenses slow death. 5, 8,3,6,4,15,4 etc...

Cook is explosive. But can be bottled up by fast defenses who play disciplined
Like Chris Johnson after that one year.

In a playoff against better Defenses we will see

Both good freshman backs. Every play can't be 30 yards. Yearby has special vision and feet. Cook has special speed.

Speed tends to get neutralized if there are elite athletes on D too. You can't do that to vision.

Just like good QBs that can see the whole field and don't have rocket arms. See Montana.

Vision always trumps physical abilities.

Love cook would rather have a back with vision and lateral quickness pure speed backs are nice but eventually you need more than just that it doesnt work once you face a fast defense they play bama he wont do **** on them yearby on the other hand can gash em if they give him a gap cook might not see it thats why yearby is better

Cook changes the scoreboard. Yearby has better vision but it doesn't take much to bring him down.

Advertisement
I think in the end yearby will be better. Cook reminds me of Chris Johnson but he's thicker but those backs dont last long

Sorry to tell you but we get second choice, look like a slower version of Cooper with a better balance. Cook was in a class apart along with Sony and Collins. Thanks Folden! You mother ****er.

Yearby started over Cook because he had qualities Cook didn't have Yearby is a better back and we will see that when he gets the full load next year.

Yearby started over Cook, because Cook also played full time defense, I believe he also spent some times on special teams….

Advertisement
Back