Cyrus Moss position

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Should we be talking about Moss more as an Anthony Barr-style OLB? He looked pretty slight at the Polynesian All-Star game.

Moss started his career as a DB and looks comfortable off the ball. Verified 4.6 forty and 4.2 shuttle. Even as a pass rusher, he does better from distance where he can use his change-of-direction and speed. And for a verified 6'6, he does a nice job taking on blocks in space.

Advertisement
football-dogs.gif

Maybe his first year here because of our LB issues. I think this kid fills out fairly quickly here, the question is will he be as affective with his hand on the ground as he is standing up. Kid looks like a problem.

Advertisement
Maybe his first year here because of our LB issues. I think this kid fills out fairly quickly here, the question is will he be as affective with his hand on the ground as he is standing up. Kid looks like a problem.

Why does he have to put his hand in the ground. Let him stand up even if it’s at DE. I’m sure we will run off man fronts and games under Steele and whoever comes after him

He seems really quick in space. Hard to believe he's 6-6. Unsure how he does in coverage, but was thinking it would be a shame to waste that quickness by having him get consistently overpowered by 300-lb linemen. Hopefully he puts on good strength and can stay at second level. Think he could be a nightmare for TEs and extra blockers

Even Barr was a bit more filled out than him coming out of HS. He is enrolled early right? I think he sees time in some packages on obvious passing downs but we really see what we signed up for in 2023 after 2 off seasons of S&C. He has to fill out, and he will. He seems like a no nonsense type who is going to handle his business off the field to prepare. He is a front 4 guy all day IMO. A 6’5+ 250+ terror off the edge eventually. He can be unblockable once he learns the nuances of pass rushing. His athleticism and length will be too much for OTs to handle.

With that being said…
If he can’t pack on the necessary weight for front 4 or we get better guys up front better suited for front 4…still think he is ultimately too talented to keep off the field. Get this kid getting after the passer in some capacity, whether 1st or 2nd level.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A lot depends on what weight he will maintain.

Will he end up weighing 245 as a senior? Or 260?

But yes, he has the god given ability to play off-ball. Probably even at 260!

Even Barr was a bit more filled out than him coming out of HS. He is enrolled early right? I think he sees time in some packages on obvious passing downs but we really see what we signed up for in 2023 after 2 off seasons of S&C. He has to fill out, and he will. He seems like a no nonsense type who is going to handle his business off the field to prepare. He is a front 4 guy all day IMO. A 6’5+ 250+ terror off the edge eventually. He can be unblockable once he learns the nuances of pass rushing. His athleticism and length will be too much for OTs to handle.

With that being said…
If he can’t pack on the necessary weight for front 4 or we get better guys up front better suited for front 4…still think he is ultimately too talented to keep off the field. Get this kid getting after the passer in some capacity, whether 1st or 2nd level.

Do you think Nyjalik has more of an immediate impact with his size?

Advertisement
Do you think Nyjalik has more of an immediate impact with his size?

I believe that he is hurt and not participating in spring practice? So that will obviously affect him and slow him down some. I’m not sure when he will be 100% fully ready to go. If it weren’t for that, then yeah.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back