2022 Cyrus Moss - DEFENSIVE END - COMMITS!

Advertisement
New info from Angulo:

“Miami was a really good time last weekend and I thought it was super insightful,” Moss told 247Sports. “I got to see more of what coach Mario Cristobal is trying to build down there. He had a clear vision of what that program is going to look like and it definitely gave me a lot more to consider. They showed me all the benefits of the program and the university.

“I had been to USC before and this was a different visit. It’s changing a lot and that coaching staff has definitely made a big impact. That’s huge because it’s what that program needed. For me, they were out of the picture because I didn’t believe they had that great of a culture. There was no championship culture, but I think coach Lincoln Riley and that staff are now trying to fix things and get the team back on track to jump-start big things.”

An important factor working in the Trojans' favor down the stretch? The recent involvement of new assistant coach Jamar Cain, who also left Oklahoma to join Lincoln Riley out West.

"Coach Cain was part of that Arizona State staff that was the first Power Five team to offer Cyrus early in the process," the source told 247Sports. "Coach Cain has been there from the beginning. Before the other offers came, he knew Cyrus was the real deal way back in the day."

Relationships have been big for Moss throughout the process. He has ASU on his list of finalists thanks to that early belief from Cain and assistant Antonio Pierce. Moss cut short his weekend trip to Los Angeles for a one-day official to Miami last Sunday to check in with new coach Mario Cristobal, who had been recruiting him the hardest of any head coach before leaving Oregon.
If he emphasises relationships then Cristobal visiting him in Las Vegas during the PAC12 Championship weekend must hold a lot of weight. Albeit he had a different logo on his polo shirt.

If he emphasises relationships then Cristobal visiting him in Las Vegas during the PAC12 Championship weekend must hold a lot of weight. Albeit he had a different logo on his polo shirt.
I think if it was USC he would’ve signed early. Like he said, he’s been there before.

Advertisement
A USC writer with a very strong track rocord gave him a CB today, albeit with a low confidence score (3). Not worth much, but I still don't like it.

It was Blair. If you listen to the podcast they had when Skinner committed though, he essentially said he doesn’t know and Moss could very well be here. I think he’s betting on a West Coast kid staying on the west coast.

Advertisement
New info from Angulo:

“Miami was a really good time last weekend and I thought it was super insightful,” Moss told 247Sports. “I got to see more of what coach Mario Cristobal is trying to build down there. He had a clear vision of what that program is going to look like and it definitely gave me a lot more to consider. They showed me all the benefits of the program and the university.

“I had been to USC before and this was a different visit. It’s changing a lot and that coaching staff has definitely made a big impact. That’s huge because it’s what that program needed. For me, they were out of the picture because I didn’t believe they had that great of a culture. There was no championship culture, but I think coach Lincoln Riley and that staff are now trying to fix things and get the team back on track to jump-start big things.”

An important factor working in the Trojans' favor down the stretch? The recent involvement of new assistant coach Jamar Cain, who also left Oklahoma to join Lincoln Riley out West.

"Coach Cain was part of that Arizona State staff that was the first Power Five team to offer Cyrus early in the process," the source told 247Sports. "Coach Cain has been there from the beginning. Before the other offers came, he knew Cyrus was the real deal way back in the day."

Relationships have been big for Moss throughout the process. He has ASU on his list of finalists thanks to that early belief from Cain and assistant Antonio Pierce. Moss cut short his weekend trip to Los Angeles for a one-day official to Miami last Sunday to check in with new coach Mario Cristobal, who had been recruiting him the hardest of any head coach before leaving Oregon.

So that writer, who has a very strong track record gave him a CB today, albeit with a low confidence score (3). Not worth much, but I still don't like it. He's the "Mountain Region Recruiting Analyst" but he hits 93% of the time. Anyway, I hope he chokes on his little crooked 3.

I think it is us. The way he talked about USC in that most recent interview post sounded a lot like how the local kids talked about UM when Manny was here. Which means. . . He ain't going to USC lol
Like I said, he already USC before. If he felt comfortable there on the 2nd visit then he probably would’ve committed Wednesday IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back