2022 Cyrus Moss - DEFENSIVE END - COMMITS!

Interesting our fanbase is reading into that Angullo article as bad news for Miami, but he actually lowered the confidence score on his Moss to USC CB from 3 to 1
lol what is that? Why even make a prediction lol?

I have a CB confidence score of 1 that 10 billion dollars will be transferred to my account on Thursday.

Advertisement
Sucks if he didn't sign, but you'd think more time to learn of Miami would be beneficial. He's not learning anything he doesn't know from Oregon/USC other than maybe liking their new staffs better. Waiting until February doesn't seem like it would hurt us in any way.

I'm not going to guess were he goes, but he's definitely a need if we are going 3-4. We need to win this battle.

Advertisement
With the Early Signing Period in the rear-view mirror, Cyrus Moss is putting things on hold.

The four-star edge rusher from Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman was planning to sign Friday before revealing his choice publicly at the All-American Bowl on Jan. 8 inside the Alamodome, but will instead wait to put pen to paper.

Moss crammed official visits to USC and Miami on the final weekend and has also been high on the likes of Alabama, Arizona State and Oregon during the recruiting process. He is the nation’s No. 6 rated edge and No. 2 overall prospect in the state of Nevada for the 2022 class, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings.

“Miami was a really good time last weekend and I thought it was super insightful,” Moss told 247Sports. “I got to see more of what coach Mario Cristobal is trying to build down there. He had a clear vision of what that program is going to look like and it definitely gave me a lot more to consider. They showed me all the benefits of the program and the university.

“I had been to USC before and this was a different visit. It’s changing a lot and that coaching staff has definitely made a big impact. That’s huge because it’s what that program needed. For me, they were out of the picture because I didn’t believe they had that great of a culture. There was no championship culture, but I think coach Lincoln Riley and that staff are now trying to fix things and get the team back on track to jump-start big things.”

An important factor working in the Trojans' favor down the stretch? The recent involvement of new assistant coach Jamar Cain, who also left Oklahoma to join Lincoln Riley out West.

"Coach Cain was part of that Arizona State staff that was the first Power Five team to offer Cyrus early in the process," the source told 247Sports. "Coach Cain has been there from the beginning. Before the other offers came, he knew Cyrus was the real deal way back in the day."

Relationships have been big for Moss throughout the process. He has ASU on his list of finalists thanks to that early belief from Cain and assistant Antonio Pierce. Moss cut short his weekend trip to Los Angeles for a one-day official to Miami last Sunday to check in with new coach Mario Cristobal, who had been recruiting him the hardest of any head coach before leaving Oregon.

The 6-foot-5, 220-pound Moss is one of the top available players out West. A former safety who has continued to fill out physically, Moss is a twitchy and athletic edge rusher, flashes terrific speed and burst to the outside, constantly keeping offensive tackles on their heels. He's more dynamic with his pass-rush moves, too, looking fluid through his movements and reacting quickly with counter moves. This fall Moss displayed better hand usage than he did as a sophomore two years ago, keeping blockers at arms length.

Advertisement
With the Early Signing Period in the rear-view mirror, Cyrus Moss is putting things on hold.

The four-star edge rusher from Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman was planning to sign Friday before revealing his choice publicly at the All-American Bowl on Jan. 8 inside the Alamodome, but will instead wait to put pen to paper.

Moss crammed official visits to USC and Miami on the final weekend and has also been high on the likes of Alabama, Arizona State and Oregon during the recruiting process. He is the nation’s No. 6 rated edge and No. 2 overall prospect in the state of Nevada for the 2022 class, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite rankings.

“Miami was a really good time last weekend and I thought it was super insightful,” Moss told 247Sports. “I got to see more of what coach Mario Cristobal is trying to build down there. He had a clear vision of what that program is going to look like and it definitely gave me a lot more to consider. They showed me all the benefits of the program and the university.

“I had been to USC before and this was a different visit. It’s changing a lot and that coaching staff has definitely made a big impact. That’s huge because it’s what that program needed. For me, they were out of the picture because I didn’t believe they had that great of a culture. There was no championship culture, but I think coach Lincoln Riley and that staff are now trying to fix things and get the team back on track to jump-start big things.”

An important factor working in the Trojans' favor down the stretch? The recent involvement of new assistant coach Jamar Cain, who also left Oklahoma to join Lincoln Riley out West.

"Coach Cain was part of that Arizona State staff that was the first Power Five team to offer Cyrus early in the process," the source told 247Sports. "Coach Cain has been there from the beginning. Before the other offers came, he knew Cyrus was the real deal way back in the day."

Relationships have been big for Moss throughout the process. He has ASU on his list of finalists thanks to that early belief from Cain and assistant Antonio Pierce. Moss cut short his weekend trip to Los Angeles for a one-day official to Miami last Sunday to check in with new coach Mario Cristobal, who had been recruiting him the hardest of any head coach before leaving Oregon.

The 6-foot-5, 220-pound Moss is one of the top available players out West. A former safety who has continued to fill out physically, Moss is a twitchy and athletic edge rusher, flashes terrific speed and burst to the outside, constantly keeping offensive tackles on their heels. He's more dynamic with his pass-rush moves, too, looking fluid through his movements and reacting quickly with counter moves. This fall Moss displayed better hand usage than he did as a sophomore two years ago, keeping blockers at arms length.

Very good news for us. We're a brand new school for him, the fact that he's pumping the brakes is a very good thing.

GARY FERMAN FROM THE TOP ROPE
EDIT: I know gary is infamous for having no sources i was being sarcastic

Attachments

• 647F4140-C488-4D20-9B8B-D5D40A5FE5EE.png
    647F4140-C488-4D20-9B8B-D5D40A5FE5EE.png
    290.4 KB · Views: 767
Advertisement
Sucks if he didn't sign, but you'd think more time to learn of Miami would be beneficial. He's not learning anything he doesn't know from Oregon/USC other than maybe liking their new staffs better. Waiting until February doesn't seem like it would hurt us in any way.
@Cribby told us that sometimes the best news would be hearing that kids pushed back any decision making until regular NSD….

I have faith in Mario that he can close

Advertisement
Weird. "I'm 10% confident he'll pick X school." What's the point?
My glass-half-full suspicion is that Blair thought it was logical that Moss would attend USC given that he's a West Coast kid, Mario just left, and USC just made a splash hire and got him on an OV the last weekend of ESD, so he logged a CB with 3 confidence. But then in the course of interviewing Moss to write this article, Blair got a sense that Miami was the pick. He doesn't want to flip his CB to Miami, since that would ruin the surprise announcement. So instead he went ahead and lowered it all the way to 1.

Yeah I'm bored af right now.

My glass-half-full suspicion is that Blair thought it was logical that Moss would attend USC given that he's a West Coast kid, Mario just left, and USC just made a splash hire and got him on an OV the last weekend of ESD, so he logged a CB with 3 confidence. But then in the course of interviewing Moss to write this article, Blair got a sense that Miami was the pick. He doesn't want to flip his CB to Miami, since that would ruin the surprise announcement. So instead he went ahead and lowered it all the way to 1.

Yeah I'm bored af right now.
Exactly! Similar to when the Home team is favored by 1 pt, it basically means that Vegas odds are on the road team. He went from a low confidence score of 3 to 1 which means he's heard or feels even more strongly against USC.

Advertisement
Back