2022 Cyrus Moss - DEFENSIVE END - COMMITS!

Well, Flo and his co-host both said that 80% or greater that he ends up in Miami.

Doesn’t shock me that he throws out this bit of news that Georgia is making the bag rounds.

Gives him an out but it’s also the reality of recruiting. Last minute bags are always out there.
Bingo. How those guys thought we had a shot with him when that same day he put out a top 4 and we weren’t in it is beyond me. Has Miami ever shocked the world when our hat wasn’t on the table? There’s a higher chance of them picking up our hat, wiping their *** with it and then picking another school than us being the hat mysteriously under the table. I enjoy Flo and watch those guys but that was a wacked out call by them.

Advertisement
A little late here - is this bag talk pertaining to Moss, or just in general?

Better not be Moss - he hasn’t even mentioned them

Advertisement
Cliff notes, please.

Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman High School DE
Cyrus Moss had a whirlwind weekend, visiting USC Thursday-Saturday and then arriving in Miami on Sunday for a one-day visit with the dead period hitting that evening.

It was a last chance for Moss to really hone in on what he wants to do tomorrow (he is targeting potentially graduating early so doesn’t want to wait till February to sign), and the Canes are very much in the mix.

A reason for that? Simple: Mario Cristobal.

CaneSport spoke with Bishop Gorman assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Chris Brown on Tuesday. And Brown said prior to Cristobal leaving Oregon that “Cyrus was probably leaning there.”

“Coach Cristobal is a great guy, and he knows that,” Brown said. “Oregon looked at him as the next Kayvon Thibodeaux, wanted to put him in as the next guy to compete to take Thibodeaux’s spot. He really liked that, built that relationship with the coaches and they embraced him, really thought he could excel at Oregon. He was starting to fall in love with Oregon.”

That changed, of course, with Cristobal’s departure.

So where do things stand now?

Well, Brown said there will be four hats on the table tomorrow for Moss: Miami, USC, Alabama and Arizona State.

Many think this is a tossup between Miami and USC, so it’ll be interesting to see what shakes out.

For his part, Brown says he would not be shocked if Moss picks the Canes, and says the 4-star had a "great" time at Miami.

“I’m telling you this: I know that he thinks the world of coach Cristobal,” Brown said. “If there’s anything that makes him go that way, it’s the school and what The U brings, but it’s also just the relationship that he’s built with coach Cristobal.”

Brown adds that Moss’ USC visit “also went great” and that “I know he likes Arizona State a lot. And Bama is always Bama. They have to be up there. But him taking this last trip to both schools shows a lot.”

Miami also, of course has the Bubba Bolden and Brevin Jordan connection to Bishop Gorman. So maybe it was a little odd that the previous staff didn’t recruit him.

But UM’s all in on Moss now.

“He wanted to visit Miami because he didn’t want to miss out on getting to know what is down in Miami,” Brown said. “I know he had already set a plan to go to USC. But then he asked me, what do you think, I said `Take the opportunity, you never know how you would feel, The U is legendary in just the atmosphere, the energy of the school.’ I said `You need to go down there and experience that energy and see if that’s what you truly want in your heart.’”

Moss will reveal what’s in his heart at 3:15 p.m. ET tomorrow.

“His mind is still going (as for what he’ll decide),” Brown said.

As for Moss’s skills on the field?

That’s off the charts, and Bishop Gorman uses him as an OLB/rush end.

“As a freshman he was a safety, and I’ve had him since he was a sophomore,” Brown said. “He was long, lanky and I looked at him and his body structure and I said `you have to play linebacker. I can see it in you already.’ I said `do that and you’ll be one of the best in the country.’ He’s really, really fast, quick and can run to the ball. He just had to learn that he’s 6-6, didn’t realize how long he was and the advantage he has at that. He’s really quick off the edge.”

The comparison here?

“We’ve watched a lot of stuff on Von Miller, on Khalil Mack,” Brown said. “The difference was Von is very quick off the edge, but Khalil also is strong. So we mixed the both of them in between. Using the long arms is huge, using the speed rush off the edge was huge like Von does. But the inside move and aggressiveness looks a lot like Khalil. So he’s got a little of both of them.”

Advertisement
Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman High School DE
Cyrus Moss had a whirlwind weekend, visiting USC Thursday-Saturday and then arriving in Miami on Sunday for a one-day visit with the dead period hitting that evening.

It was a last chance for Moss to really hone in on what he wants to do tomorrow (he is targeting potentially graduating early so doesn’t want to wait till February to sign), and the Canes are very much in the mix.

A reason for that? Simple: Mario Cristobal.

CaneSport spoke with Bishop Gorman assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Chris Brown on Tuesday. And Brown said prior to Cristobal leaving Oregon that “Cyrus was probably leaning there.”

“Coach Cristobal is a great guy, and he knows that,” Brown said. “Oregon looked at him as the next Kayvon Thibodeaux, wanted to put him in as the next guy to compete to take Thibodeaux’s spot. He really liked that, built that relationship with the coaches and they embraced him, really thought he could excel at Oregon. He was starting to fall in love with Oregon.”

That changed, of course, with Cristobal’s departure.

So where do things stand now?

Well, Brown said there will be four hats on the table tomorrow for Moss: Miami, USC, Alabama and Arizona State.

Many think this is a tossup between Miami and USC, so it’ll be interesting to see what shakes out.

For his part, Brown says he would not be shocked if Moss picks the Canes, and says the 4-star had a "great" time at Miami.

“I’m telling you this: I know that he thinks the world of coach Cristobal,” Brown said. “If there’s anything that makes him go that way, it’s the school and what The U brings, but it’s also just the relationship that he’s built with coach Cristobal.”

Brown adds that Moss’ USC visit “also went great” and that “I know he likes Arizona State a lot. And Bama is always Bama. They have to be up there. But him taking this last trip to both schools shows a lot.”

Miami also, of course has the Bubba Bolden and Brevin Jordan connection to Bishop Gorman. So maybe it was a little odd that the previous staff didn’t recruit him.

But UM’s all in on Moss now.

“He wanted to visit Miami because he didn’t want to miss out on getting to know what is down in Miami,” Brown said. “I know he had already set a plan to go to USC. But then he asked me, what do you think, I said `Take the opportunity, you never know how you would feel, The U is legendary in just the atmosphere, the energy of the school.’ I said `You need to go down there and experience that energy and see if that’s what you truly want in your heart.’”

Moss will reveal what’s in his heart at 3:15 p.m. ET tomorrow.

“His mind is still going (as for what he’ll decide),” Brown said.

As for Moss’s skills on the field?

That’s off the charts, and Bishop Gorman uses him as an OLB/rush end.

“As a freshman he was a safety, and I’ve had him since he was a sophomore,” Brown said. “He was long, lanky and I looked at him and his body structure and I said `you have to play linebacker. I can see it in you already.’ I said `do that and you’ll be one of the best in the country.’ He’s really, really fast, quick and can run to the ball. He just had to learn that he’s 6-6, didn’t realize how long he was and the advantage he has at that. He’s really quick off the edge.”

The comparison here?

“We’ve watched a lot of stuff on Von Miller, on Khalil Mack,” Brown said. “The difference was Von is very quick off the edge, but Khalil also is strong. So we mixed the both of them in between. Using the long arms is huge, using the speed rush off the edge was huge like Von does. But the inside move and aggressiveness looks a lot like Khalil. So he’s got a little of both of them.”
This could be an article in green and orange eyes but I'm cautiously optimistic here. Feels like we legit have a 50/50 shot. Him flying across country just for a day to meet with Coach and see UM is legitmate interest. He could start here day 1 if he enrolls early and puts on 20 pounds which I think he can.

Idk man. Flo has been pretty spot on and has admitted when he got something wrong not really known for being a spin artist.
True to an extent. But to say on Sunday Kamari was coming here as fact, then on Monday say UGA is circling with bags so now he aint sure? Like come on, it is not like UGA just offered the #1 safety a bag in between Flo's Sunday comment and Monday morning. That bag has been there if he wants it.

Advertisement
True to an extent. But to say on Sunday Kamari was coming here as fact, then on Monday say UGA is circling with bags so now he aint sure? Like come on, it is not like UGA just offered the #1 safety a bag in between Flo's Sunday comment and Monday morning. That bag has been there if he wants it.
Agreed. But again I don’t hold any of these insiders to the 100% rule there is so many moving parts to these kids stuff changes. Just be honest.

So he's announcing his decision tomorrow. Interesting.

Surprised they think highly enough of him to say he's gonna replace Thibodeaux
That’s significant considering in the article from his visit with Mario, it closed by saying he was an AA announcement. I can only imagine that bodes well for us given all the evidence.

Where did Flo say this bag stuff?

Advertisement
Kamari has been UGA for a long time , I mean we didn’t even make his final four other day did we? Guys don’t tend to pick schools that’s not in their final four. Like I said I was willing to give props but I’m not sure where he got that info.

I know its lazy to just compare him to our former players but the kid kinda reminds me of GR15. Tall somewhat lanky kid that has the frame to grow into a monster.
Not gonna lie.. haven't watched 1 second of tape on the kid.. but he's got good schools pursuing him and I trust Cristobal's evaluations. Elite length for sure with a crazy frame to build on. Definitely light in the *** though

Advertisement
Back