2022 Cyrus Moss - DEFENSIVE END - COMMITS!

Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman High School DE
Cyrus Moss had a whirlwind weekend, visiting USC Thursday-Saturday and then arriving in Miami on Sunday for a one-day visit with the dead period hitting that evening.

It was a last chance for Moss to really hone in on what he wants to do tomorrow (he is targeting potentially graduating early so doesn’t want to wait till February to sign), and the Canes are very much in the mix.

A reason for that? Simple: Mario Cristobal.

CaneSport spoke with Bishop Gorman assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Chris Brown on Tuesday. And Brown said prior to Cristobal leaving Oregon that “Cyrus was probably leaning there.”

“Coach Cristobal is a great guy, and he knows that,” Brown said. “Oregon looked at him as the next Kayvon Thibodeaux, wanted to put him in as the next guy to compete to take Thibodeaux’s spot. He really liked that, built that relationship with the coaches and they embraced him, really thought he could excel at Oregon. He was starting to fall in love with Oregon.”

That changed, of course, with Cristobal’s departure.

So where do things stand now?

Well, Brown said there will be four hats on the table tomorrow for Moss: Miami, USC, Alabama and Arizona State.

Many think this is a tossup between Miami and USC, so it’ll be interesting to see what shakes out.

For his part, Brown says he would not be shocked if Moss picks the Canes, and says the 4-star had a "great" time at Miami.

“I’m telling you this: I know that he thinks the world of coach Cristobal,” Brown said. “If there’s anything that makes him go that way, it’s the school and what The U brings, but it’s also just the relationship that he’s built with coach Cristobal.”

Brown adds that Moss’ USC visit “also went great” and that “I know he likes Arizona State a lot. And Bama is always Bama. They have to be up there. But him taking this last trip to both schools shows a lot.”

Miami also, of course has the Bubba Bolden and Brevin Jordan connection to Bishop Gorman. So maybe it was a little odd that the previous staff didn’t recruit him.

But UM’s all in on Moss now.

“He wanted to visit Miami because he didn’t want to miss out on getting to know what is down in Miami,” Brown said. “I know he had already set a plan to go to USC. But then he asked me, what do you think, I said `Take the opportunity, you never know how you would feel, The U is legendary in just the atmosphere, the energy of the school.’ I said `You need to go down there and experience that energy and see if that’s what you truly want in your heart.’”

Moss will reveal what’s in his heart at 3:15 p.m. ET tomorrow.

“His mind is still going (as for what he’ll decide),” Brown said.

As for Moss’s skills on the field?

That’s off the charts, and Bishop Gorman uses him as an OLB/rush end.

“As a freshman he was a safety, and I’ve had him since he was a sophomore,” Brown said. “He was long, lanky and I looked at him and his body structure and I said `you have to play linebacker. I can see it in you already.’ I said `do that and you’ll be one of the best in the country.’ He’s really, really fast, quick and can run to the ball. He just had to learn that he’s 6-6, didn’t realize how long he was and the advantage he has at that. He’s really quick off the edge.”

The comparison here?

“We’ve watched a lot of stuff on Von Miller, on Khalil Mack,” Brown said. “The difference was Von is very quick off the edge, but Khalil also is strong. So we mixed the both of them in between. Using the long arms is huge, using the speed rush off the edge was huge like Von does. But the inside move and aggressiveness looks a lot like Khalil. So he’s got a little of both of them.”
ehh

Advertisement
Where did Flo say this bag stuff?
Apparently on his show/chat yesterday he backed off a little bit bringing up bags. Scroll up in this thread, Hoyacane is the one who mentioned it and it was a 6 figure type of bag.

Agreed. But again I don’t hold any of these insiders to the 100% rule there is so many moving parts to these kids stuff changes. Just be honest.
Oh I do not either, of course kids change their minds. Some also troll, my only thing is that is a bold statement to stand ten toes down on as a FACT. To say it is his opinion based off conversations and stuff he had is completely fine and if he is wrong he can chalk it up as just a miss. He does have some sources, but to say it like we already have a signed LOI is where it gets tricky, and even when one of our insiders is wrong they can usually pinpoint what changed when, we all understand that. But to say we had him on Sunday and on Monday lost him due to a UGA bag seems like a poor excuse as I assume that bag was always there was my point.

Kamari has been UGA for a long time , I mean we didn’t even make his final four other day did we? Guys don’t tend to pick schools that’s not in their final four. Like I said I was willing to give props but I’m not sure where he got that info.
correct we did not make his top 4

Miami Staff: “Brevin, can you tell this kid about Miami as a program & how coming here changed your life..”

Brevin: “Man F*CK Manny Diaz!’

Miami Staff: “Brevin, Brevin... Manny’s not here anymore, we got Mario now”

Brevin: “Oh my bad, uhhh yeah, come to Miami lil bro, you’ll love it!”
I heard he's really from San Diego so #5 should be in his ear to.

Apparently on his show/chat yesterday he backed off a little bit bringing up bags. Scroll up in this thread, Hoyacane is the one who mentioned it and it was a 6 figure type of bag.

Oh I do not either, of course kids change their minds. Some also troll, my only thing is that is a bold statement to stand ten toes down on as a FACT. To say it is his opinion based off conversations and stuff he had is completely fine and if he is wrong he can chalk it up as just a miss. He does have some sources, but to say it like we already have a signed LOI is where it gets tricky, and even when one of our insiders is wrong they can usually pinpoint what changed when, we all understand that. But to say we had him on Sunday and on Monday lost him due to a UGA bag seems like a poor excuse as I assume that bag was always there was my point.

correct we did not make his top 4
Agreed for the most part. But from what I seen he didn’t say we weren’t getting him. But said he has lowered his percentage. So we will see

Advertisement
Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman High School DE
Cyrus Moss had a whirlwind weekend, visiting USC Thursday-Saturday and then arriving in Miami on Sunday for a one-day visit with the dead period hitting that evening.

It was a last chance for Moss to really hone in on what he wants to do tomorrow (he is targeting potentially graduating early so doesn’t want to wait till February to sign), and the Canes are very much in the mix.

A reason for that? Simple: Mario Cristobal.

CaneSport spoke with Bishop Gorman assistant head coach/defensive coordinator Chris Brown on Tuesday. And Brown said prior to Cristobal leaving Oregon that “Cyrus was probably leaning there.”

“Coach Cristobal is a great guy, and he knows that,” Brown said. “Oregon looked at him as the next Kayvon Thibodeaux, wanted to put him in as the next guy to compete to take Thibodeaux’s spot. He really liked that, built that relationship with the coaches and they embraced him, really thought he could excel at Oregon. He was starting to fall in love with Oregon.”

That changed, of course, with Cristobal’s departure.

So where do things stand now?

Well, Brown said there will be four hats on the table tomorrow for Moss: Miami, USC, Alabama and Arizona State.

Many think this is a tossup between Miami and USC, so it’ll be interesting to see what shakes out.

For his part, Brown says he would not be shocked if Moss picks the Canes, and says the 4-star had a "great" time at Miami.

“I’m telling you this: I know that he thinks the world of coach Cristobal,” Brown said. “If there’s anything that makes him go that way, it’s the school and what The U brings, but it’s also just the relationship that he’s built with coach Cristobal.”

Brown adds that Moss’ USC visit “also went great” and that “I know he likes Arizona State a lot. And Bama is always Bama. They have to be up there. But him taking this last trip to both schools shows a lot.”

Miami also, of course has the Bubba Bolden and Brevin Jordan connection to Bishop Gorman. So maybe it was a little odd that the previous staff didn’t recruit him.

But UM’s all in on Moss now.

“He wanted to visit Miami because he didn’t want to miss out on getting to know what is down in Miami,” Brown said. “I know he had already set a plan to go to USC. But then he asked me, what do you think, I said `Take the opportunity, you never know how you would feel, The U is legendary in just the atmosphere, the energy of the school.’ I said `You need to go down there and experience that energy and see if that’s what you truly want in your heart.’”

Moss will reveal what’s in his heart at 3:15 p.m. ET tomorrow.

“His mind is still going (as for what he’ll decide),” Brown said.

As for Moss’s skills on the field?

That’s off the charts, and Bishop Gorman uses him as an OLB/rush end.

“As a freshman he was a safety, and I’ve had him since he was a sophomore,” Brown said. “He was long, lanky and I looked at him and his body structure and I said `you have to play linebacker. I can see it in you already.’ I said `do that and you’ll be one of the best in the country.’ He’s really, really fast, quick and can run to the ball. He just had to learn that he’s 6-6, didn’t realize how long he was and the advantage he has at that. He’s really quick off the edge.”

The comparison here?

“We’ve watched a lot of stuff on Von Miller, on Khalil Mack,” Brown said. “The difference was Von is very quick off the edge, but Khalil also is strong. So we mixed the both of them in between. Using the long arms is huge, using the speed rush off the edge was huge like Von does. But the inside move and aggressiveness looks a lot like Khalil. So he’s got a little of both of them.”
A lot of good stuff about Miami in there. I’d have to think if he’s picking tomorrow he’s gonna pick the coach he’s the most familiar with. JMO.

Mario was officially hired last Monday. That kid was setting up what he thought was his last OV to USC before the Pac-12 title game. Yet he still flew into Miami for one day after he knew Mario was the coach and that he wanted him at Miami. Don't know what happens but there is clearly an intent to give the school a chance.

Advertisement
Well, Flo and his co-host both said that 80% or greater that he ends up in Miami.

Doesn’t shock me that he throws out this bit of news that Georgia is making the bag rounds.

Gives him an out but it’s also the reality of recruiting. Last minute bags are always out there.

I'm surprised this is coming from Flo. He's been around for a while so he knows the deal with bags and SEC. This kid has not been coming here for a LONG time. Don't know why Flo would say this. Even if a staffer feels good about it, he should know better.

Advertisement
1639511409135.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back