2022 Cyrus Moss - DEFENSIVE END - COMMITS!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman High School DE
Cyrus Moss had quite the weekend.

He arrived at USC on Friday afternoon, then on Saturday at 4 p.m. was at the airport for a flight to Miami. After a delay he wound up arriving around midnight and checked into the hotel with his parents.
On Sunday morning after a quick breakfast he was on campus, and he stayed there until 11 p.m. (the dead period kicked in at midnight).
“Coach (Mario) Cristobal was with me until 11, the whole time,” Moss told CaneSport.
When Cristobal was recruiting Moss to Oregon, he often used the comparison of Kayvon Thibodeaux.
“It’s still that comparison, he expects to use me the same way in the same type defense,” Moss said. “But now with Miami I’ll hear Jaelan Phillips and Greg Rousseau more.”
Before the weekend, Moss said he had a pretty good idea where he’d be playing college ball.
“I was sure I’d be signing Dec. 15,” he says. “I always knew it would be a little challenging but I thought I’d be able to get it done.”
After the trips to USC and Miami he simply doesn’t know where he’ll pick. So he’s delayed his signing until Friday and says he won’t let the world know where he’s going until the All-American game Jan. 8.
“I’d say I was hoping for clarity with these visits but honestly all it did was give me more things to consider,” Moss said. “It shook things up a little more, gave me a lot more to look at. It kind of got tougher. Both visits confused things.”
He says the others in his final five are Alabama, Oregon and Arizona State.
So what does he do between now and Friday?
“Honestly it’s involving lots of nights just talking with my family and looking stuff up, searching stuff, thinking to myself,” Moss said. “I’m trying to take everything in, see what matters most to me.”
icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-7f81eaad159f68dda2a1cb9e46f24b8969cc8ace21937f305991261fc7959215.svg

bobhysjuzt8qa9m2spty

NATL
ST
POS
CYRUS
MOSS

UNDECIDED
6'5" | 220 LBS | WDE | 2022
BISHOP GORMAN
LAS VEGAS, NV

He says his UM trip was everything he hoped for and that “they gave me a lot more to consider. I was able to get a clearer vision on what coach Cristobal is trying to do down there. I got more inspiration toward what that was. They gave me a clear picture on what things are like down there and what the picture is.”
When Cristobal was at Oregon, many thought Moss would wind up there. And he does say that the Ducks with Cristobal there were “making a push toward the to for me … btu when coach Cristobal left that shook everything up.”
Moss stresses that distance won’t play into this at all (“I just want to find the best home and place for me,” he says).
And he also says the connection from his high school to UM isn’t a factor. Although he says he’s always looked up to Bubba Bolden and Brevin Jordan he says he has yet to speak with either.
So now what will happen?
“To be determined,” Moss said. “But I’ll sign somewhere in private on Friday and then announce it Jan. 8. I’m definitely waiting till then.”
CaneSport’s take
Reading between the lines a bit here it seemed like Moss had a good idea where he wanted to go, and the Cane visit has now given him enough to chew on that he is delaying whatever his plan was. So that’s good news for UM … but this can still go either way. We see it as a 50-50 USC-Miami battle. Also of note: Moss says he plans to enroll early, which is why he's not waiting until February to sign.

Advertisement
Las Vegas (Nev.) Bishop Gorman High School DE
Cyrus Moss had quite the weekend.

He arrived at USC on Friday afternoon, then on Saturday at 4 p.m. was at the airport for a flight to Miami. After a delay he wound up arriving around midnight and checked into the hotel with his parents.
On Sunday morning after a quick breakfast he was on campus, and he stayed there until 11 p.m. (the dead period kicked in at midnight).
“Coach (Mario) Cristobal was with me until 11, the whole time,” Moss told CaneSport.
When Cristobal was recruiting Moss to Oregon, he often used the comparison of Kayvon Thibodeaux.
“It’s still that comparison, he expects to use me the same way in the same type defense,” Moss said. “But now with Miami I’ll hear Jaelan Phillips and Greg Rousseau more.”
Before the weekend, Moss said he had a pretty good idea where he’d be playing college ball.
“I was sure I’d be signing Dec. 15,” he says. “I always knew it would be a little challenging but I thought I’d be able to get it done.”
After the trips to USC and Miami he simply doesn’t know where he’ll pick. So he’s delayed his signing until Friday and says he won’t let the world know where he’s going until the All-American game Jan. 8.
“I’d say I was hoping for clarity with these visits but honestly all it did was give me more things to consider,” Moss said. “It shook things up a little more, gave me a lot more to look at. It kind of got tougher. Both visits confused things.”
He says the others in his final five are Alabama, Oregon and Arizona State.
So what does he do between now and Friday?
“Honestly it’s involving lots of nights just talking with my family and looking stuff up, searching stuff, thinking to myself,” Moss said. “I’m trying to take everything in, see what matters most to me.”
icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-7f81eaad159f68dda2a1cb9e46f24b8969cc8ace21937f305991261fc7959215.svg

bobhysjuzt8qa9m2spty

NATL
ST
POS
CYRUS
MOSS

UNDECIDED
6'5" | 220 LBS | WDE | 2022
BISHOP GORMAN
LAS VEGAS, NV

He says his UM trip was everything he hoped for and that “they gave me a lot more to consider. I was able to get a clearer vision on what coach Cristobal is trying to do down there. I got more inspiration toward what that was. They gave me a clear picture on what things are like down there and what the picture is.”
When Cristobal was at Oregon, many thought Moss would wind up there. And he does say that the Ducks with Cristobal there were “making a push toward the to for me … btu when coach Cristobal left that shook everything up.”
Moss stresses that distance won’t play into this at all (“I just want to find the best home and place for me,” he says).
And he also says the connection from his high school to UM isn’t a factor. Although he says he’s always looked up to Bubba Bolden and Brevin Jordan he says he has yet to speak with either.
So now what will happen?
“To be determined,” Moss said. “But I’ll sign somewhere in private on Friday and then announce it Jan. 8. I’m definitely waiting till then.”
CaneSport’s take
Reading between the lines a bit here it seemed like Moss had a good idea where he wanted to go, and the Cane visit has now given him enough to chew on that he is delaying whatever his plan was. So that’s good news for UM … but this can still go either way. We see it as a 50-50 USC-Miami battle. Also of note: Moss says he plans to enroll early, which is why he's not waiting until February to sign.
1639544205918.png

Advertisement
So let’s be real here…this whole “signing this week and announcing my commitment in three weeks” thing…there’s 0% chance it goes unleaked.

If it’s not family or friends leaking, the coaching staffs that don’t get the NLI sent in will say something. I’m all for kids having their moment but…I’m just using common sense here.

Same goes for Coleman. Hope we get both.

Advertisement
Back