Official Cypress (Texas) Bridgeland TE Reid Mikeska has a Hurricane offer and is a lovely human with a big heart

I have not seen senior film on either, but I have seen junior film and it shows that Carver is a freak athlete that has not played much football like Collins A and those guys you can stash for a few years and unleash on the world! Very high upside! Athletes that were beasts in other sports are often monsters in football when they learn the nuances.
I like Carver but he isn’t a freak athlete. Harbor is a freak athlete. Carver is a very nice jumbo athlete with a high ceiling. The biggest two things that standout is his coordination and his overall mean streak. It’s also why I think he ends up at DE. He does seem to have soft hands but reality is that we have our off line TEs in Skinner and Riley. Arroyo is somewhat of an in-line TE but not fully. Our only real one is Mammarelli and he is an upperclassman but he is a JAG.

Mikeska is an in-line TE through and through. Excellent blocker, runs good routes, is a decent athlete and can catch. Plus he did it against big time comp. This kid had great offers and was committed to Clemson. He is a player. In the meantime, as much as I like Carver, make no mistake about it, he is a project. High risk high reward, but a very good chance the kid is a non factor here.

Advertisement
What's his deal? Does he only want to play for Gattis? Lol.

Aren't why isn't he bag-dropped to stop the visit - like everyone else does to us.

Aren't why isn't he bag-dropped to stop the visit - like everyone else does to us.
Have to believe UM is running low on funds at this point. Too many mouths to feed and yet another 3* flipping isn’t the worst look.

There’s a concerning trend over the last month though: Decommittment U is back, even Mario isn’t immune.

Because we have 2 other TEs in the same class committed.

They probably tried but if the kid wants playing time he probably knows he isn’t going to get it here for a while. I like him too and like Lew don’t blame him if he doesn’t want to be here it’s his life.

I’ll be rooting on the guys who choose to come though. Go Canes!

Advertisement
Have to believe UM is running low on funds at this point. Too many mouths to feed and yet another 3* flipping isn’t the worst look.

There’s a concerning trend over the last month though: Decommittment U is back, even Mario isn’t immune.
1671211337034.jpeg

“Concerning trend” …checks notes… best recruiting class in a decade… mod complaining that three stars flip from positions we’re stacked in with 4&5 stars above them…

Advertisement
Kid really seems like he wants to live, go to school and play football in the state of South Carolina.
@SouthParkCane I thought you said you were loosely tied into this kid (or maybe I am assuming that bc you are the Texas guru), but does he have family ties to South Carolina? Kind of random a kid from Texas would go Clemson -> Miami -> South Carolina for his commitments.

I started reading this thread from page 19 on and I still have no idea what its about.

Advertisement
I started reading this thread from page 19 on and I still have no idea what its about.
This kid is a big physical TE we like that’s currently recruited but writing might be on the wall that he flips to South Carolina.

We’d love to keep him in the class but he’s a three star TE and we have a 4 star above him and another 3 star currently committed so although we’d like to keep him I can understand if he’d rather go somewhere else.

Hope he stays though

@SouthParkCane I thought you said you were loosely tied into this kid (or maybe I am assuming that bc you are the Texas guru), but does he have family ties to South Carolina? Kind of random a kid from Texas would go Clemson -> Miami -> South Carolina for his commitments.
I own a home in cypress and have coached at two cypress schools alongside my dad that’s why I’m so plugged in there. His mother is from South Carolina. Or her family is one of the two. Either way he’s a good player. Really improved this year. Didn’t like the take at first now I’ll hate to lose him. Really good potential

Advertisement
I own a home in cypress and have coached at two cypress schools alongside my dad that’s why I’m so plugged in there. His mother is from South Carolina. Or her family is one of the two. Either way he’s a good player. Really improved this year. Didn’t like the take at first now I’ll hate to lose him. Really good potential
Appreciate the insight and added detail as always.

I really like Mikeska, dont want to lose him. The kid is a young Kittle. Hasnt been a huge factor in passing game yet but you see that he absolutely can be. And kid is college ready. Hope he sticks

Which Cy Fair schools if you don't mind me asking? I live in Houston (inside the 610 loop) and coach in Houston ISD. I saw one Cy Fair ISD school play this season (Cy Fair vs Stratford).

Advertisement
Back