Cutcliffe

. "I certainly get what coach Scott's saying," Duke David Cutcliffe said after UM Coach Larry Scott said too many calls went Duke's way. "I think the [referees] could have called more [calls against Duke and way less calls against UM], to be honest with you. And that's just as honest as I can be." Plenty of other plays left UM seething, including three pass-interference calls against the Hurricanes on the final drive and Miami insisting that the Blue Devils' touchdown run to end that possession - giving Duke a 27-24 lead with 6 seconds left - should have been negated. Officials ruled Duke's Thomas Sirk carried the ball into the end zone; video replays were far from conclusive and Miami believed Juwon Young kept him from the goal line. "They didn't get in," Miami interim coach Larry Scott said. Miami was flagged 23 times - not only a school and ACC record, but the second-most in major college football history - compared to only five penalties against Duke. The 18-penalty disparity had been seen at the FBS level only one other time in the last 20 years. No team in the country has been penalized more this season than Miami. Moreover, Hurricanes found the late pass-interference calls particularly troubling since it negated what would have been a game-sealing interception by a participant playing this game in spite of still grieving for his mother who had passed away merely a few days past. His INT should have been the end of the game and the proper going away tribute to his departing mom. But, hey the Canes will take the win...
Did you just copy part of the AP story and change the ending? If so, I like yours better

Advertisement
I'm so glad Scott straight said they didn't get in on the final play. He at least just says what he feels. So refreshing from what Al was.

So 23 penalties was not enough for his dookies to beat is. maybe, next time we will have 50 penalties called against us so they can beat us.....

Posted this in another thread but it bears repeating:

Here's the thing - you know who David Cutcliffe needs to be mad at right now? His team. They had ONE job - ONE job with no time on the clock - tackle the guy with the ball. If there has to be a replay discussion as to whether or not that happened - then it didn't.

Forget the 3 PI calls. Forget the non-TD. Forget the negated INT. Forget all that, since that's what Cutcliffe wants us to do anyway. I watched those Duke players stand around and play pattycake while our guys completed EIGHT FREAKING LATERALS and while Corn Elder ran 91 yards breaking tackles for a TD. This wasn't a **** "holy roller" play where the ball bounces crazily and ends up in the endzone. This was our kick return team making their kick coverage team look like fools for 48 seconds straight.

You wanna be ****ed, coach? Fine, be ****ed. Just be ****ed at the right people.

Subject of OP's baseball card:

b__dick_pole_76.jpg

Advertisement
Posted this in another thread but it bears repeating:

Here's the thing - you know who David Cutcliffe needs to be mad at right now? His team. They had ONE job - ONE job with no time on the clock - tackle the guy with the ball. If there has to be a replay discussion as to whether or not that happened - then it didn't.

Forget the 3 PI calls. Forget the non-TD. Forget the negated INT. Forget all that, since that's what Cutcliffe wants us to do anyway. I watched those Duke players stand around and play pattycake while our guys completed EIGHT FREAKING LATERALS and while Corn Elder ran 91 yards breaking tackles for a TD. This wasn't a **** "holy roller" play where the ball bounces crazily and ends up in the endzone. This was our kick return team making their kick coverage team look like fools for 48 seconds straight.

You wanna be ****ed, coach? Fine, be ****ed. Just be ****ed at the right people.

this really is the best post right here...whatever happened to accountability?? they way his team played on that kickoff was a joke.

Het Cutclit, that was your last chance to ever beat Miami. Start getting use to your usual curb stomping.

Duke shouldn't be complaining at all, they know how the game goes... The game should have never been that close and they would not have had to worry about that. We had 20+ penalties to their 5, we should have not had any chance of winning playing like that. They just need to be worried about beating UNC this week.

Advertisement
Back