Curtis Porter

String911

Neg'd For Her Pleasure
After being at the game and now having watched the telecast twice, there's really only one conclusion. Porter is a War Daddy. One on one, he just manhandled folks and collapsed the middle. When they double-teamed him, he dropped anchor and held his ground. He's certainly not the only defender (or lineman for that matter) who played his *** off Saturday, but I think a healthy CP is the most important gut out there on D.

Advertisement
We have to find someone to replace him. Hopefully he decides to comeback, I think he can because his injury history.

He would of been our best defensive lineman for the last three years if he would of stayed healthy.He was dominating at Ohio State before hurting his knee.I expect him to get better each game with expierence and getting in game shape.He has a hay fever problem that affects him especially at the beginning of the season when it is hotter and muggy.His best games are ahead of him if he stays healthy he will be totally dominate.He played a **** of a game going against Florida's center who was their captain putting pressure on the QB through the middle and plugging the gaps.DP and him are the keys to defensive success this year.

Advertisement
We'll definitely need someone to replace him next year, but Imma enjoy watching him the next 10+ games.

He owned harrison...which is y I lol at his comments after the game...dude owned u bro.

Porter freed up guys all game to make plays. He reminds of casey hampton....he will be a mid round pick for a 3-4 team and a steal

Advertisement
He owned harrison...which is y I lol at his comments after the game...dude owned u bro.

Porter freed up guys all game to make plays. He reminds of casey hampton....he will be a mid round pick for a 3-4 team and a steal

Really good stuff.

Think I mentioned in my post game observation thread that Perryman owes his big day to Porter. Perryman cleaned **** up, but Porter kept guys off him.

Advertisement

Casey Hampton went through my mind a few times on Sunday. Chick deserved his praise after the game but it could have easily been Porter.

The thing that shocked me about Curtis though, wasn't his strength or disruptiveness, it was his conditioning. Man he just didn't stop.

I mentioned the other day about a particular play. We had some confusion on D, Porter had just collapsed the pocket twice in a row. He was gassed. He jogged all the way off the field only to he sent back on(even went off camera). He barely made it back to the line before getting into his stance. You could tell he didn't even want to bend down. Ball was snapped and he blew his man up anyway.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Love Porter's game!

Like it's been mentioned in this thread, we really are going to have to figure out something in terms of replacing him for next year. That will be the missing piece to the defense. I'm not crazy about Stuckey as I don't think that is really his game, and I don't think he can hold a candle to Porter. But, I;ve seen so little of him that that may not be fair to say. I'm sure the coaches will figure something out

I agree with this as well. Porter is making himself some money right now.

Savage.

He made an instant impact on our defense last year is his first game back as well. We went from being horrendous on D to mediocre instantly.

After being at the game and now having watched the telecast twice, there's really only one conclusion. Porter is a War Daddy. One on one, he just manhandled folks and collapsed the middle. When they double-teamed him, he dropped anchor and held his ground. He's certainly not the only defender (or lineman for that matter) who played his *** off Saturday, but I think a healthy CP is the most important gut out there on D.

There were a number of posters discussing what a stud this guy was last year, and how not having him crippled our defense at the point of attack. They have been proven correct.

Advertisement
Back