Curious Question, What do you want Golden to say?

nope44

Junior
What response could be give in interviews, at hurricane hotline, etc. that would garner support, for lack of a better phrase.

Advertisement
Nothing. The quote parsing happened to all the other coaches. There's nothing he could say that people won't pick apart. It's the same old thing. He needs to win games or it won't stop.

People that get worked up about what's said in these interviews are morons. It's the same thing with every coach everywhere when things aren't going well. There is nothing to glean from these interviews, the only thing that matters is what is being said behind closed doors with the other coaches and the team and we don't have access to that.

People that get worked up about what's said in these interviews are morons. It's the same thing with every coach everywhere when things aren't going well. There is nothing to glean from these interviews, the only thing that matters is what is being said behind closed doors with the other coaches and the team and we don't have access to that.

People are out for blood.

When that happens, everything a coach says, can and will be used against him in the court of public opinion.

HTML:
Some variation of:

Given the reoccurring issues that have plagued the defense over the past three seasons, I feel we need to reevaluate everything on that side of the ball. Everything is on the table.

Mack Brown fired his DC in week three. They're already better.

Advertisement
People should listen to the interview themselves first rather than viewing it in written bites.

I'd also be curious as to how many would have answered the questions, live as a head coach, not in hindsight on a message board.

He took accountability. Not sure what else he can say.

"I've decided not to retain Mark D'Onofrio and am prepared to bring in a new DC with a fresh, innovative plan completely independent from anything I've tried to accomplish as a college football coach."

Some variation of:

Given the reoccurring issues that have plagued the defense over the past three seasons, I feel we need to reevaluate everything on that side of the ball. Everything is on the table.

The problem with fans is that coming into the season that same guy Mack Brown fired would have been on a short list of top DCs to replace Coach D.

Advertisement
Some variation of:

The problem with fans is that coming into the season that same guy Mack Brown fired would have been on a short list of top DCs to replace Coach D.

True, but life isn't static. New data, new results arrive. Diaz flamed out in massive fashion.

In the same light, what looked like a much improved defense now looks like ****.

Not sure what he can or should say. Probably nothing. But if he is going to speak, it should probably be something close to whatever this guy says...

[video=youtube;_hla2G_XTbc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hla2G_XTbc[/video]

Doesn't matter what he says. He got this job and won over the fanbase by saying all the right things in the first place. Just like a used car salesman he's great at saying things to get you to fall in love with what he's selling and making you forget that the product he's giving you is garbage.

He's like the pretty girl you like and keeps telling you everything you want to hear. But at the end of the day she keeps doing you dirty and treating you like ****. But you just allow it because she looks and sounds good on the surface.

Advertisement
Don't want words we want actions. Right now I want to see that he and Dorito can change their scheme and make it more aggressive and adapt to their personnel. If they can't do that then at the end of the season I want to see them abandon their scheme and fire dorito.

I could give a **** what he has to say, its all coaches speak like any other coach.

The things I'd want to hear wouldn't be shared publicly.

I'd love to sit in on the defensive meetings and break down the responsibilities of the players on each play, who screwed up and why/how, etc...

I want to know why we were cutting guys loose in man coverage. I'd be interested to hear the players' response to the coaches. Were they confused about alignment, the call, etc...?

Cutting guys loose in man coverage....on what planet is this even remotely acceptable?

And then it happened again and again and again. This coaching staff is so **** bad at what they do.

Advertisement
Speak the truth. State the obvious. That his chosen DC isn't getting the job done. Tell us all how ****ed he is that week after week he is sick and tired of watching garbage QB's eat us up. Tell us that he is fed up looking at game film and seeing no pass rush AND no coverage on the same **** play.

Tell us that he has no idea why the kids come out flat, uninspired and lame week after week. In other words, tell the world that us know nothing, mesage board Vince Lombardi's know a ****** product when we see it and don't appreciate it when its being sold to us as something else.

We can see the flies buzzing around.

How about owning up? Not saying "it starts with me." How about "We really need to put these guys in a better position to succeed on defense." "We aren't doing a good job as coaches right now."

If I hear No'D say "blown assignments" one more time I might lose my ****. Whose job is it to teach those assignments and make sure they are driven home?

Advertisement
Back