Cunningham

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
posted this in another thread, but thought it deserved it's own..

There was one play today that sums up Jordan Cunningham's game. He ran a quick slant, made a nice play on a ball that was thrown a little high, had 5 yards on the entire defense and should have scored, but the Westminster corner from the opposite side of the field ran him down from behind and it was about a 20-yard gain.

He is a really good receiver with great hands, body control, and route running skills, but doesn't show enough explosiveness IMO. He will a productive college receiver (would fit in great at Oklahoma State, who is recruiting him), but the talent down here at WR the next couple years in addition to what they brought in last year does not help his case for a Miami offer.

I know this has been discussed countless times, but I just though it was the perfect example of why Miami isn't all in on him.

Advertisement
My boy was at the game and said he was not impressed with Cunningham at all

Sometimes, folks have a tendency to overthink South Florida players.

I watch Miami football and over the past two weeks, I've seen a lot of drops. And you are telling me we're turning down a sure handed wide out?

Surely, you jest.

its really a tough call here on whether or not to take Cunnigham, personally I would love him and feel he would help us A LOT to get quay, quincy, and scarlett from talking to my friends at u school

are we still on stacy coley by any chance...i saw that stuff about him throwing up the U but was that legit?

Advertisement

I watch Miami football and over the past two weeks, I've seen a lot of drops. And you are telling me we're turning down a sure handed wide out?

Surely, you jest.

I hear you, but when you already have enough young talent and bodies at the position, have major needs at other positions, and only have limited ships, you have the situation we have regarding Cunningham.

Polished receiver and by all accounts a great kid, but when I watched him he didn't even seem like the best receiver at University.

Not enough fast-twitch IMO.

Polished receiver and by all accounts a great kid, but when I watched him he didn't even seem like the best receiver at University.

Seems a lot like the Andre Davis kid playing for USF right now.

Advertisement

Surely, you jest.

This.

Seems like our guys have dropped AT LEAST.... one out of three passes last week.

I would love Cunningham in this class. A WR could have all the speed in the world, but if he doesn't catch the ball, he's useless.

I would love Cunningham in this class. A WR could have all the speed in the world, but if he doesn't catch the ball, he's useless.

Yeah he just seems like a victim of #'s this year.

FWIW Bakas has stayed firm that he thinks Cunningham will be in this class.

Seems a lot like the Andre Davis kid playing for USF right now.

Pretty good comparison. I was a fan of Davis coming out and he's had a couple big games this season. Cunningham is more polished than Davis but probably has a shorter vertical.

Fast-twitch explosiveness is one of the first things I look for in a receiver but Cunningham is the complete package aside from that. He has good feet/suddenness, runs crafty routes and positions his body well in the air and on the ground. He loves the game and has a great work ethic. I don't see any way he doesn't become a consistent, productive WR. He's not gonna torch FSU in press-man coverage but that's what the Ermon Lanes are for.

Advertisement
You have to trust the coaches on matters like this, but I would have to agree that it would be great to have a WR that could consistently catch the ball.

BTW, I had understood that if not UM. he was going to Stanford. 4.0 kid.

You have to trust the coaches on matters like this, but I would have to agree that it would be great to have a WR that could consistently catch the ball.

BTW, I had understood that if not UM. he was going to Stanford. 4.0 kid.

Stanford seems to be the front runner at the moment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back