Culture question

edge

Junior
Another gritty win by the Canes. If we are being honest, how many of us thought we would win both of the last two games going into the 4th? I did not. That is because history has shown that the Canes take the ball and go home in these types of situations. Honestly I am still surprised we won yesterday. That’s just a game we are used to losing. So it begs the question, has Mario truly turned the culture around and taught these guys how to win? Now let’s not get this confused with saying Mario is a great game day coach. He is average at best. And now we have concern he is implementing bro ball into the offense. But outside of that, this is a tough hard nosed team. We are bruised and battered, but we keep fighting to the whistle every play. I like what I am seeing. Definitely things on offense need to be improved. In my mind we have a winning culture in place. Curious on your thoughts. I’m

Advertisement
Wasn’t sure where to put this but there were only 2 penalties in that game for 20 yards

UVA had zero and we had 2

How is that possible?

Reason I bring up penalties is because I agree we have been a completely different team than last year when it comes to what you’re talking about, but the glaring issue for me has been the absurd amount of penalties we still get

Wasn’t sure where to put this but there were only 2 penalties in that game for 20 yards

UVA had zero and we had 2

How is that possible?

Reason I bring up penalties is because I agree we have been a completely different team than last year when it comes to what you’re talking about, but the glaring issue for me has been the absurd amount of penalties we still get
I was thinking the same thing .. how is this game be played so clean !!??

Another gritty win by the Canes. If we are being honest, how many of us thought we would win both of the last two games going into the 4th? I did not. That is because history has shown that the Canes take the ball and go home in these types of situations. Honestly I am still surprised we won yesterday. That’s just a game we are used to losing. So it begs the question, has Mario truly turned the culture around and taught these guys how to win? Now let’s not get this confused with saying Mario is a great game day coach. He is average at best. And now we have concern he is implementing bro ball into the offense. But outside of that, this is a tough hard nosed team. We are bruised and battered, but we keep fighting to the whistle every play. I like what I am seeing. Definitely things on offense need to be improved. In my mind we have a winning culture in place. Curious on your thoughts. I’m
Overall, I agree with you. Our program has been broken for a very long time. Mario gets credit where due. Shout out to our players, most of whom worked hard to get the W yesterday.

Advertisement
If the culture was trending in the right direction we wouldn’t be playing flat against a team we should smoke by 4 tuddys.

-5-2 on the year. Lost in horrific fashion to GT, but everything is still in front. AND WE CAME OUT FLAT

-Beat Clemson with a back up QB

It is inexcusable they way we showed up against UVA. Even from a coaching standpoint. Guidry had his **** pushed in the majority of the game. We were not ready for tempo at all.

This team reminds me of 2017. A few fluke wins followed up by a horrible close to the year.

I didn’t like the Dawson hire from day 1 and I think we need a OC change for next year. The fact we aren’t utilizing TEs at TEU should be grounds for firing alone.

Our bread and butter (running the ball) is so predictable and has zero creativity. If Ajay Allen doesn’t hurdle a man we probably lose this game.

If the culture was trending in the right direction we wouldn’t be playing flat against a team we should smoke by 4 tuddys.

-5-2 on the year. Lost in horrific fashion to GT, but everything is still in front. AND WE CAME OUT FLAT

It is inexcusable they way we showed up against UVA. Even from a coaching standpoint. Guidry had his **** pushed in the majority of the game. We were not ready for tempo at all.

This team reminds me of 2017. A few fluke wins followed up by a horrible close to the year.

I didn’t like the Dawson hire from day 1 and I think we need a OC change for next year. The fact we aren’t utilizing TEs at TEU should be grounds for firing alone.

Our bread and butter (running the ball) is so predictable and has zero creativity. If Ajay Allen doesn’t hurdle a man we probably lose this game.
Oh My Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Lost the TOP battle 35-25
Lost the turnover battle
Out gained on the ground and through the air
Playing with a QB who seemingly has all kinds of issues
Yet won somehow

Top 3 things Mario is great at:

1: Recruiting
2: Building Culture
3: Building the OL

Those are the 3 things i was never worried about, or will while he’s here.
Valid take. I’m curious, what were/are your expectations of this program right now, given the condition of the roster when Mario came in? I’m not attacking you, I’m just sensing that your expectations of this program and staff, like many, might be higher than what is humanly possible at this time. If you’re just not a Mario fan, so be it.

I'd put it (not folding) down more to having better talent -- which is a compliment to Mario.

Advertisement
Top 3 things Mario is great at:

1: Recruiting
2: Building Culture
3: Building the OL

Those are the 3 things i was never worried about, or will while he’s here.
Do you have a complementary top 3 of things you worry about most with Mario?

This team doesn’t quit. That’s a trait that’s not easy to instill in a large group of 18-22 year olds. That’s a Mario thing. You have to give him credit for that.

You also have to give credit to Mario and his staff for letting teams hang around when they have no business being on the same field as their team.

It’s a real give and take every Saturday.

Advertisement
Idk about y’all, but I’ve been more emotionally invested in this program than I care to admit for going on 30 years now.

Because of the totality of what’s happened in those 30 years, you got me REALLY ****ed up if you think I’m gonna be ****y or cranky or miserable after winning a football game.

I’m not gonna bury my head in the sane either and tell you I loved what I saw yesterday. Far from it. But we get TWELVE of these every year. That’s means there is a Miami Hurricane football game I can watch only 3% of my days. I’ll be damned if I watch one that they win and I spend the whole next day kicking my dog. Maybe if I was an Alabama fan or some ****. But the last 30 years, in general, have been ROUGH. I appreciate when this program actually wins and it makes my Sunday a lot better. Even if it’s ugly.

Incredibly horrid take. Jesus. Lol

1) Name your desired OC;
2) Tell me about how great our TEs are, and exactly how they should be used;
3) When a defense drops into zone, how do you propose we get "creative," in different ways than yesterday;
4) What would you have done differently than Guidry did?

Do you have a complementary top 3 of things you worry about most with Mario?

1: Game Day Coaching

2: Not wanting to fire anyone, allowing them to find a soft landing 1st (reason why Joe’s still here)

3: QBs under him regardless of the OC seem to regress under him

Advertisement
Back